Jez Corden: "Proven sources that Microsoft has been exploring bringing some of its back catalog to other platforms"

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
They say there's no smoke without fire. I will say that it has been suggested to me from very trusted, proven sources that Microsoft has been exploring bringing some of its back catalog to other platforms, although some of the details remain vague and unconfirmed. We've reached out to Microsoft to comment and clarify its position on this stuff.
556647656.jpg

So it begins

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
HiFi Rush, Ori, Starfield will come. I wonder if they would do Halo Infinite and send their fandom into meltdown.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Usually when you ear so much whispering, leaks, rumors and "insider information" all going in the same direction you can trust it.

I don't know what I would care about in their catalog, maybe some OG xbox exclusive stuff (was not theirs per say)... I guess some people would like some Halo/Gears of war retro collection.

I think the new Flight Simulator would be great, I love just flying around in these things, but I'm not sure I would pay much for that.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
HiFi Rush, Ori, Starfield will come. I wonder if they would do Halo Infinite and send their fandom into meltdown.
If I was them I would bury all Halo games made by 343 or maybe include them up to 5.

Infinite is a disgrace, it would not help their image, neither would Starfield.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Also, I'd merge all these threads about the same rumor. Seems one of these "insiders" made the guess and all the other ones are saying they also heard the same. So it's the same topic.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Gimme Master Chief Collection and Forza Horizon 5 (won't happen) but I'd be all over them

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
If I was them I would bury all Halo games made by 343 or maybe include them up to 5.

Infinite is a disgrace, it would not help their image, neither would Starfield.
Yeah I agree, don't think it would sell well at all. Neither would either Forza game imo.

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
I'm curious whether only the Bethesda "exclusives" will come to other platforms or whether MS will slowly start porting classic Xbox brands.

With Starfield I was always sure that it would appear on PS5 at some point, the development was too expensive and the sales were too low.

But I don't understand MS. If they had disclosed their plans, the FTC and CMA's ABK deal would have gone through faster and cheaper imo. So why all this monkey dancing? Spencer overruled? Starfield the final nail in the coffin? Or have you registered how much money can be made on Switch and Playstation using the ABK numbers? Let's see what happens in 2024 and whether some Xbox fanboys cry. At least I can't tell my grandchildren about any war, but that I saw Sega and Xbox go multiplatform.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
It's the perfect storm 😂 It'd be even better if Sony announces a showcase in the next week or 2 revealing some actual AAA single player 1st party games.

Put the final nail in the coffin

Animated GIF
We need that mid gen gameplay reveal that raises the bar of what people think it's possible like we had last gen with Uncharted 4. It's time.