Jez Corden suggests final Fantasy 7 Remake and Final Fantasy 16 might be coming to Xbox afterall

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake.jpg

Jez Corden: "I've heard the whole Final Fantasy slate is on the docket for Xbox"

During the latest Xbox Two podcast episode (timestamp 1:09:01), Jez Corden says, "I do think we are going to get something Final Fantasy-related [at Xbox's Tokyo Game Show event]. I've heard that the whole slate's on the docket, including Final Fantasy 7, and 16, the FF Pixel Remasters.

A lot of people were wondering, like, has Sony locked down Final Fantasy 7 Remake forever? I've heard that is not the case and that FF7 will eventually come to Xbox. I don't know when it will and I don't know if it will be in the first wave."

It's also important to note that Jez has also said in a previous Xbox Two episode (timestamp 1:06:50) that he doesn't think Sony has locked down the entire FF7 Remake trilogy and that FF7 Remake will come to Xbox before the trilogy is complete, which lines up with what he's just said.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
A bit late to the party.

Whoever wanted to play it has played it by now.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Considering there is likely no FF timed exclusives apart from Remake 3 at the moment, it's an indictment on Xbox the games are not on Xbox.

11 Jul 2024
Whether it's true or not, has anyone noticed the obsession Phil Spencer has with sabotaging PS exclusives? Sony will work tightly with a company to help develop and to create games exclusively to PS, and Phil always waits to see which ones explode in popularity to then throw money at that same company to port it over. The Square Enix handshakes and ports, the Persona/Atlus/Sega ports and exclusive marketing. Phil is dead set on making sure PS loses exclusives constantly. But no1 ever asks, Why doesn't xbox make their own deals for exclusive games? Why aren't xbox working tightly with different companies and help develop games to be Xbox exclusive? Because what Xbox wants most is for PS to have less, it's not about bringing the games over because the xbox fanbase is really excited about them, it's solely to shrink the exclusives list over on Playstation.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Was FFXIV a smash hit on Xbox?

Not even in top 50 most played for engagement on xbl and that’s what it’s supposed to excel at.

Xbox gamers won’t buy games and only deal in gamepass. Expecting to pay an mmo sub on top of expansions? Ha!

The port itself is another boneheaded square move. Xbox is legit a dead platform. There’s no reason for any third party to support it. Lost cause

Reactions: Entropi

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Not even in top 50 most played for engagement on xbl and that’s what it’s supposed to excel at.

Xbox gamers won’t buy games and only deal in gamepass. Expecting to pay an mmo sub on top of expansions? Ha!

The port itself is another boneheaded square move. Xbox is legit a dead platform. There’s no reason for any third party to support it. Lost cause
Is it a boned headed move if Xbox pays porting costs? The only way Sega, Square and Capcom will port to Xbox is covering development costs.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Xbox is so desperate that they're trying to hype a 3rd party game series that was always multiplatform and which ran out of the exclusivity deal a long time ago. And it's a win, apparently.

Also using "full slate", which is funny, considering Xbox is doing that with all their franchises.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Is it a boned headed move if Xbox pays porting costs? The only way Sega, Square and Capcom will port to Xbox is covering development costs.

Well, I’ve always joked that the only way these games will show up on Xbox is with Phil Spencer handouts.

Which in that case, sure — take the money.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Dick Jones

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Who’s doing the ports? This might true on a long enough timeline but does SE have the man power to port 2 aaa games while simultaneously making part 3? Maybe the 14 team can port 16 sure. Jez is a chronic liar on behalf of team Xbox at this point. Remember jez insinuated that a blue dragon remaster was showing up at MS e3, where’s that at?

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Who’s doing the ports? This might true on a long enough timeline but does SE have the man power to port 2 aaa games while simultaneously making part 3? Maybe the 14 team can port 16 sure. Jez is a chronic liar on behalf of team Xbox at this point. Remember jez insinuated that a blue dragon remaster was showing up at MS e3, where’s that at?

I would think the ports would be kinda cheap and effortless… until you consider Series S. Square is kinda like absolutely terrible with performance to begin with. So … this is where we start doubting any truth to this. Watch it just end up being windows store releases on gamepass pc.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I would think the ports would be kinda cheap and effortless… until you consider Series S. Square is kinda like absolutely terrible with performance to begin with. So … this is where we start doubting any truth to this. Watch it just end up being windows store releases on gamepass pc.
16 on the S is going to run at like 720P.

2 Jun 2024
this is just copium when the games don't even sell well on Xbox audience have gotten to small for it I would take what jez cordan says with a kernel of truth sales would be even lower if they drop on Xbox they don't play jrpgs over 16 will be on pc before Xbox

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Whether it's true or not, has anyone noticed the obsession Phil Spencer has with sabotaging PS exclusives? Sony will work tightly with a company to help develop and to create games exclusively to PS, and Phil always waits to see which ones explode in popularity to then throw money at that same company to port it over. The Square Enix handshakes and ports, the Persona/Atlus/Sega ports and exclusive marketing. Phil is dead set on making sure PS loses exclusives constantly. But no1 ever asks, Why doesn't xbox make their own deals for exclusive games? Why aren't xbox working tightly with different companies and help develop games to be Xbox exclusive? Because what Xbox wants most is for PS to have less, it's not about bringing the games over because the xbox fanbase is really excited about them, it's solely to shrink the exclusives list over on Playstation.
As I said in the other thread, the TGS Xbox show is all about getting FF on Xbox. They're not going to buy it, their only motivation is for PS to lose exclusives.

It would fit with the FF omissions in Astrobot. The new CEO is absolute trash. He will be on stage with Phil, acting like he regrets the company made deals with Sony. The truth is the games wouldn't exist without Sony (not with that budget at least). Ungrateful bastard.

I hope they all flop on Xbox and he gets fired.