Jez Corden suggests final Fantasy 7 Remake and Final Fantasy 16 might be coming to Xbox afterall

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
its an absolute disgrace Square have no presence in astrobot

something has got to give
That's definitely strange. It needs to be added as free DLC or something happened between Sony and Square.

I checked again for Visions of Mana and the regular version is on the first page at about number 60. Still low but I updated my post to be accurate.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Just think a bit about…

Remake timed exclusivity ended near 4 years ago and no Xbox release.

I can see a case for Square Enix waiting to have the 3 games launched but that could add more several years of waiting.

It is like PC guys (that are probably Xbox’s) commemorating several years late PS ports lol

About FFXVI maybe it comes next year… maybe not… nobody cares anymore at this point… not even Square Enid or Xbox.

Reactions: Lersds
11 Jul 2024
its an absolute disgrace Square have no presence in astrobot

something has got to give
My first thought was Square might have disagreements with Sony over character cameos in Astrobot, but I don't think that's the issue.
Square is notoriously hard to negotiate with when it comes to their characters featuring in other games, it's also why you don't see any of their characters in Fortnite. So as much as their new CEO is an ass for advocating to stop Sony exclusivity, I think this specific thing is just their own "superiority complex" so to speak. Probably just holding their assets to an extremely high regard.

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
To be clear he and Rand have been saying this for a year and a half, teasing it atleast once a quarter.

Reactions: Lersds

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
My first thought was Square might have disagreements with Sony over character cameos in Astrobot, but I don't think that's the issue.
Square is notoriously hard to negotiate with when it comes to their characters featuring in other games, it's also why you don't see any of their characters in Fortnite. So as much as their new CEO is an ass for advocating to stop Sony exclusivity, I think this specific thing is just their own "superiority complex" so to speak. Probably just holding their assets to an extremely high regard.

but there was a Cloud sword in Astros Playroom

uyoung1989

3 Feb 2024
I heard SE refused to feature FF cameo in Astro. They’re so eager to push their multi-plat image now. Then I hope they got what they want. Just port everything and stop trying to blame Sony for their own failure.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
So let me get this straight. The thought of a third party studio porting THEIR game to other platforms to get more sales, years after it's release...

Is that what triggers you now?

How does that make you feel? Betrayed? Abandoned? Unloved? Insecure? Trying to get to the heart of the matter.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Neither of these games count as PlayStation exclusive to me. That fact Xbox is even being considered tells me PlayStation, at best, paid for them temporarily.

It’s Final Fantasy, and we’re not in the PSOne era anymore. These are games we should expect to be miltiplatform. It’s no different than Capcom loaning Nintendo Resident Evil 4.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
this is just copium when the games don't even sell well on Xbox audience have gotten to small for it I would take what jez cordan says with a kernel of truth
The profit from those roughly million or so sales each (using FF XV’s 1.14m Xbox sales as a baseline) or whatever Sony paid SE for timed exclusivity?

Do we know which is greater in order to make your statement true?

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
So let me get this straight. The thought of a third party studio porting THEIR game to other platforms to get more sales, years after it's release...

Is that what triggers you now?

How does that make you feel? Betrayed? Abandoned? Unloved? Insecure? Trying to get to the heart of the matter.

Were the posts of people being "triggered" deleted? Went back and had a look, I didn't see any.

92q7yz.jpg

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Various Xbox clout chasers like Jez have been claiming that FF7R has been coming to Xbox since like 2021, why are people still quoting them? It's obvious they are lying and have no real information. This is past the stage of "fool me once, fool me twice" these suckers have you fooled a million times and they're still not banned sources across all gaming related forums. WTF?