Jez Corden suggests final Fantasy 7 Remake and Final Fantasy 16 might be coming to Xbox afterall

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
We knew it would happen eventually. Xbox hardcore base has been whiny about FF since the ps3 era.

Xbox will cease to exist after this gen so I fail to see why ports even matter.

2 Jun 2024
The profit from those roughly million or so sales each (using FF XV’s 1.14m Xbox sales as a baseline) or whatever Sony paid SE for timed exclusivity?

Do we know which is greater in order to make
The profit from those roughly million or so sales each (using FF XV’s 1.14m Xbox sales as a baseline) or whatever Sony paid SE for timed exclusivity?

Do we know which is greater in order to make your statement true?
your deluded if you think sales be much better with Xbox when they been in the toilet during the start of the series X it'll hit PC before Xbox

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Feels like he says this just to keep Xbox name alive w FF & other Square Enix games. After vision of mana bombing on Xbox I don’t know why SE puts jrpgs on Xbox, unless there’s a massive bag like the one Sega gets for a Gamepass release Xbox gamers don’t buy japanese games

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
So let me get this straight. The thought of a third party studio porting THEIR game to other platforms to get more sales, years after it's release...

Is that what triggers you now?

How does that make you feel? Betrayed? Abandoned? Unloved? Insecure? Trying to get to the heart of the matter.
Why are you targeting us with this shit? Ask yourself why this topic keeps coming up.

They are the ones feeling abandoned and insecure these games are not on their trashcan.

More sales? LMAO 🤦‍♂️

Get a PS5 if you want to play them, xbot.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Neither of these games count as PlayStation exclusive to me. That fact Xbox is even being considered tells me PlayStation, at best, paid for them temporarily.

It’s Final Fantasy, and we’re not in the PSOne era anymore. These are games we should expect to be miltiplatform. It’s no different than Capcom loaning Nintendo Resident Evil 4.

Extremely tough and bitter pill to swallow for around 80% of this place. Folks really long for the PS1 and PS2 days.

FFVII was a multiplatform game even back then. I think it released on PC a year after.

You’re saying this in a generation where PS5 got 2 major AAA Final Fantasy games in less than a year. 2! Including a bunch of other 3rd party games exclusives.

It’s in fact that the PS5 is actually continuing business as usual the 3rd party exclusives just like PS1 and PS2.

And for the record……that famous PS2 ad picture of those holiday exclusives, some of them, if not all, were not permanent. Games like Silent Hill 2 went to Xbox only 3 months later. Silent Hill 2 for PS5 has a longer exclusivity period…..Funny that. So Sony is doing better with these deals than they were with PS2. The PS2 was such a dominant console and Xbox irrelevant it didn’t matter that those games got ported to Xbox. Nobody cared or noticed. Just like now nobody cares about Xbox and the crumbs of ports it gets. PS5 is all that matters.

Social media has put the length of PS5 3rd party deal front and center to where it might not seem like a long time. And that’s all people talk about, especially green rats and PC mustards, is how they’re not permanent and will get ported anyway. See FF7 Rebirh 3 months exclusive deal being in the news all the time for example. Back in the PS2 days there was no constant news cycle keeping everybody up to date on everything. So PS2 exclusives really felt exclusive. On top of nobody playing on other consoles anyway. PS2 was the main event. Just like PS5 is now.

The reason people are questioning FF and Square Enix on Xbox is because…..well it’s fucking Xbox. What the hell is the point? These games do not sell on that console. It’s a waste of development time. Development time that can be put into your main selling platform. PS5. MS is only chasing after these games because they’re associated with PlayStation. They tried the same thing with Sega with Persona and Yakuza games and they’re failing. They sell nothing on Xbox and only the REAL FANS of Altus games suffer because of MS desperate tactics to associate Altus with Xbox now. Even Altus sufferers because of this.

Square Enix should continue to focus on the company, console, and fans that helped them when they almost went bankrupt and is where is the majority of their profits come from.

Fuck Xbox.

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Why are you targeting us with this shit? Ask yourself why this topic keeps coming up.

They are the ones feeling abandoned and insecure these games are not on their trashcan.

More sales? LMAO 🤦‍♂️

Get a PS5 if you want to play them, xbot.

Just trying to understand that's all. There's a pattern with a subset of the Sony fanbase since the PS1/PS2 days. This idea that third parties have to pledge allegiance to the brand. And that releasing a game on other platforms, even after its release on PS is considered high treason. For examples, look at the meltdowns when DMC4 and FFXIII were announced for the 360, among many others. Its part of their identity but not sure why.

Pretty cringe if you ask me. Its not that the game is taken from your platform of choice once its ported. Yeah, you lose ammo for the war but once you are past 12 that does not matter.

Last edited:
  • noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
You’re saying this in a generation where PS5 got 2 major AAA Final Fantasy games in less than a year. 2! Including a bunch of other 3rd party games exclusives.

It’s in fact that the PS5 is actually continuing business as usual the 3rd party exclusives just like PS1 and PS2.

And for the record……that famous PS2 ad picture of those holiday exclusives, some of them, if not all, were not permanent. Games like Silent Hill 2 went to Xbox only 3 months later. Silent Hill 2 for PS5 has a longer exclusivity period…..Funny that. So Sony is doing better with these deals than they were with PS2. The PS2 was such a dominant console and Xbox irrelevant it didn’t matter that those games got ported to Xbox. Nobody cared or noticed. Just like now nobody cares about Xbox and the crumbs of ports it gets. PS5 is all that matters.

Social media has put the length of PS5 3rd party deal front and center to where it might not seem like a long time. And that’s all people talk about, especially green rats and PC mustards, is how they’re not permanent and will get ported anyway. See FF7 Rebirh 3 months exclusive deal being in the news all the time for example. Back in the PS2 days there was no constant news cycle keeping everybody up to date on everything. So PS2 exclusives really felt exclusive. On top of nobody playing on other consoles anyway. PS2 was the main event. Just like PS5 is now.

The reason people are questioning FF and Square Enix on Xbox is because…..well it’s fucking Xbox. What the hell is the point? These games do not sell on that console. It’s a waste of development time. Development time that can be put into your main selling platform. PS5. MS is only chasing after these games because they’re associated with PlayStation. They tried the same thing with Sega with Persona and Yakuza games and they’re failing. They sell nothing on Xbox and only the REAL FANS of Altus games suffer because of MS desperate tactics to associate Altus with Xbox now. Even Altus sufferers because of this.

Square Enix should continue to focus on the company, console, and fans that helped them when they almost went bankrupt and is where is the majority of their profits come from.

Fuck Xbox.
1mil in sales is not nothing, which is what FF has moved in the past on Xbox.

Square Enix is having a moment with FF right now for sure, but one is a remake of their most lauded game and the other broadened its appeal by becoming action based. That’s not credit I give to Sony. I’d expect Xbox sales of the games to be slightly higher than previous entries for those reasons as well.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Square Enix is having a moment with FF right now for sure, but one is a remake of their most lauded game and the other broadened its appeal by becoming action based. That’s not credit I give to Sony. I’d expect Xbox sales of the games to be slightly higher than previous entries for those reasons as well.
I disagree heavily. The vast majority of the audience for FF on Xbox has moved on, either to PC or PlayStation. You can see this in the sales numbers for every recent jrpg release and stuff like FF7 crisis core reunion which didn't even make the sales charts on Xbox. Compounded with the fact that gamepass has destroyed the market for retail releases on that console, I very heavily doubt that any FF port will even cross half a mil. I'd bet 2-300k and that's lifetime, I don't even think itll break even financially.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

You know porting cost money and manpower right? It’s not free. That 1M sales, which I doubt, is actually indeed nothing since that amount won’t bring in any money for Square Enix. It cancels itself out. Basically a pointless port.

Neither FF games will sell 1M on Xbox. XB audience relies on gamepass. They don’t buy games. Much less JRPG.

Of course Sony deserve some credit for FF7 and FF16. They helped with development and marketing. Provided a successful console to sell the games on. Where else would FF16 sell 3M in a couple days? Not on PC or Xbox.

Last edited:

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I can see Final Fantasy XVI and all those remasters getting released for Xbox but I don't see the Final Fantasy VII remake trilogy getting ported until after all three episodes are out.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
You know porting cost money and manpower right? It’s not free. That 1M sales, which I doubt, is actually indeed nothing since that amount won’t bring in any money for Square Enix. It cancels itself out. Basically a pointless port.

Neither FF games will sell 1M on Xbox. XB audience relies on gamepass. They don’t buy games. Much less JRPG.

Of course Sony deserve some credit for FF7 and FF16. They helped with development and marketing. Provided a successful console to sell the games on. Where else would FF16 sell 3M in a couple days? Not on PC or Xbox.
People will absolutely buy GamePass to play Rebirth and 16, are you kidding?

29 Jan 2024
Dont berieve in Jizz Condom....

Eventually FFXVI will have the gamepass treatment, nothing more.

Remake Trilogy is another story.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Doesn’t make sense for the current Xbox. It’ll be a windows pc ports and the next Xbox will run that OS.

No third party developer in their right mind would support Xbox Series consoles without a gamepass handout.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I can see it now...

Forspoken will finally get a redemption arc. It's just a coincidence it's now on Xbox.

Youtubers "Forspoken: Were gamers too hard on the underrated gem?"
It is actually solid 7/10 game.
Just that media and shills made it look like it is 3/10 game.

Reactions: Dick Jones

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Doesn’t make sense for the current Xbox. It’ll be a windows pc ports and the next Xbox will run that OS.

No third party developer in their right mind would support Xbox Series consoles without a gamepass handout.
Considering Capcom are getting reimbursed to port to Xbox, any respectable publisher should at least push for the same. Free money and at worst break even.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

Do you not understand the point being made? That’s just it. XB owners do not buy games, they wait for it to go to gamepass.

That would make FF7 and FF16 sales even worse. It won’t sell anywhere near 1M copies.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I disagree heavily. The vast majority of the audience for FF on Xbox has moved on, either to PC or PlayStation. You can see this in the sales numbers for every recent jrpg release and stuff like FF7 crisis core reunion which didn't even make the sales charts on Xbox. Compounded with the fact that gamepass has destroyed the market for retail releases on that console, I very heavily doubt that any FF port will even cross half a mil. I'd bet 2-300k and that's lifetime, I don't even think itll break even financially.
This. I doubt it’d even chart in the top 10 the month it released on Xbox in the states and every where else it’d be in the hundreds to 4 digit thousands.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
A few will, but not as many as you assume. The vast majority of people who want to play those games already have. For many different reasons, FF as a series just doesn't have the same popularity it had 20+ years ago..