Jez Corden teases possibility Xbox handheld |UP| All Xbox games coming to PlayStation including Halo/Gears, Xbox will be more Steam like in future🧂

24 Jun 2022
Xbox Tooâ„¢

Anytime there's potentially positive PlayStation-related hardware news, you can always count to astroturfing mouthpieces like fake Jez to throw Xbox into the mix. This is probably one of the few times he's probably being honest though, because chances are any Xbox handheld development is coinciding with the OEM Xbox rumors.

Just so people have an idea what type of "Xbox handheld" this is actually going to be i.e like the rumored PlayStation one it won't be a dedicated handheld. But in the Xbox's case, like the OEM Xboxes and Microsoft's own 10th-gen Xbox device(s), very strong chance it'll be a gaming-centric PC device that also runs the latest Windows.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
If this is true with Sony also possibly releasing a handheld as well, It will be pretty crazy seeing Nintendo being the only one without a console and handheld strategy this generation,

Switch was the first time since the NES where Nintendo only focused on one system and Switch 2 will probably be the same.
(Tho the 3DS was still being sold for a little bit into the switch generation, and apparently still selling very little every week in Japan.)

PS3 had PSP come out about 2 years before it
PS4 had the Vita come out nearly two years before it
PS5 has the portal but possibly a new handheld too

and now Microsoft might look into the handheld and home console strategy too but I doubt it to be honest seeing how little Xbox Series systems they seem to have been selling for the past year.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Tom Warren said the "next Xbox is an ARM hybrid" which would dovetail with this comment.

But who knows or cares at this point. No one want's their stuff because they aren't putting out the software that draws in the customers.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
If this is true with Sony also possibly releasing a handheld as well, It will be pretty crazy seeing Nintendo being the only one without a console and handheld strategy this generation,

Switch was the first time since the NES where Nintendo only focused on one system and Switch 2 will probably be the same.
(Tho the 3DS was still being sold for a little bit into the switch generation, and apparently still selling very little every week in Japan.)

PS3 had PSP come out about 2 years before it
PS4 had the Vita come out nearly two years before it
PS5 has the portal but possibly a new handheld too

and now Microsoft might look into the handheld and home console strategy too but I doubt it to be honest seeing how little Xbox Series systems they seem to have been selling for the past year.
I think the Wiiu did so poorly that Nintendo gave up on the strictly home-console model and found more success leveraging their strength in handhelds.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Tom Warren said the "next Xbox is an ARM hybrid" which would dovetail with this comment.

But who knows or cares at this point. No one want's their stuff because they aren't putting out the software that draws in the customers.

What is ARM hybrid?

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023

I don't have a problem with Jez's overall picture of everything. Where he goes wrong is the idea that you have to go scorched earth against platform cuts and paying percents to competitors.

Rather than trying to get out from under needing Steam, lean into Steam and let it take tasks off your hand which you are not good at.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Xbox having a handheld streaming console that runs gamepass simply makes too much sense.
But MS is dumb.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Forgot about that. This would basically be a MS branded steam deck.

I think Valve is gonna have to open SteamOS's hud to modding so that other vendors can integrate their services. Steam Deck will be like Google Pixel, but there will be Samsung and Motorola out there doing a slightly different spin. The alternative is Windows flops along as the kinda shitty default option for non-Valve handhelds.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Playstation Portal is outselling Xbox and that can't even play games without a PS5. What makes Microsoft think a handheld version of their shitty platform would do anything? They'd be competing with steam deck, the ROG Ally and Nintendo instead of just with Playstation. This has to be the worst idea I've ever hea---ohhhh yep no, now this strategy makes sense.