Just a reminder that if FFXVI doesn't sell 3m+ copies within its release week on PC it means it underperformed and did not meet expectations

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
In any case, it peaked at 16.2K on Steam a while earlier. It'll probably get peak CCU of 25-30K over the early weekend.
Yep, the weekend peak was 27.5K today, pretty similar to the Days Gone PC peak.

The game's probably done ~ 4.2-4.5 million now on PS5. By this time 2026 it'll probably look like 5 million PS5/1 million Steam in terms of splits. Maybe another 500K on top of that between the two (leaning PS5) for 6-6.5 million total.
Being a bit optimistic I think it will end doing 6-6.5M in PS5 and 2M-2.5M in PC. A total of 8-9M.

It has 3,947 people (as professional roles) in the credits, 8 years of development... maybe I think it's possible that it won't end being profitable. So maybe they not being happy with the PS5 launch and expecting more was because of this.

gokuss4

Veteran
28 Jan 2023
I'm starting to think steam is full of bots and fake numbers
The only reasons these big tech companies are pushing for steam cuz they want an all digital future
Digital games digital money ect

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: saltyashell

gokuss4

Veteran
28 Jan 2023
That's the thing. Any other company would stop after all the bad press and drama devaluing their brand for so little sales but Sony keeps doubling down.

Until Dawn and Lego Horizon are Day 1, the Horizon and Days Gone remasters will probably be too. They are dumb over there. Self sabotage.
These companies wants to create a digital future aka cyberpunk world
Sony Microsoft ea Apple and I even think Nintendo will join them soon
Cuz they don't want you to own your games
they are intentionally sabotaging the console market and force you to go digital
So far ubisoft is the only company that said this publicly when the ceo told the press he don't want people to own their games
Welcome to the future I guess 🫠

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
The only reasons these big tech companies are pushing for steam cuz they want an all digital future
PC-Gaming is all-digital for 10-15 years.

PCMR-Trolls only accept it, because they can pirate their games.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
You all literally gauge a game's sales based on CCU or how many people are in a game at the time. That isn't an indicator of anything. Games can sell loads but without all the buyers playing at the same time, with this logic, you wouldn't see how many copies it sold.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
You all literally gauge a game's sales based on CCU or how many people are in a game at the time. That isn't an indicator of anything. Games can sell loads but without all the buyers playing at the same time, with this logic, you wouldn't see how many copies it sold.
Totally false. At launch everybody starts at zero so it's super easy to compare. We also have sales reports within the same timeframe. We never had any issues with this metric until a couple of dishonest posters started doing damage control for the PC ports specifically.

This is a new narrative that only applies to the PC ports. Acting dumb like we don't know how it's selling. Millions bought the game but nobody is actually playing 🤡

Drop the charade we are not stupid.

Number 11 on Steam it must be selling better than last week right 🤡

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Totally false. At launch everybody starts at zero so it's super easy to compare. We also have sales reports within the same timeframe. We never had any issues with this metric until a couple of dishonest posters started doing damage control for the PC ports specifically.

This is a new narrative that only applies to the PC ports. Acting dumb like we don't know how it's selling. Millions bought the game but nobody is actually playing 🤡

Drop the charade we are not stupid.

Number 11 on Steam it must be selling better than last week right 🤡
where's the sales reports for the port then?

it's #11 Global and #4 in USA rn. It's going up and down.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
where's the sales reports for the port then?

it's #11 Global and #4 in USA rn. It's going up and down.
Sony made a PC sales report for GOW, Days Gone and Horizon and then the next year for TLOU and Spiderman. It was posted in another thread so we can compare with the CCU for all these titles and it matches (lower CCU lower sales, depending on timeframe). It's basic math.

I'll also quote myself with new sales data for Frostpunk 2. Came out on Friday so it's easy to compare with GOW and FF16 (unless you play dumb again). Keep in mind this is all platforms and Frostpunk is selling better so the PC versions only is below 200k.

I'll give you some perspective. Frostpunk came out on Friday with a higher CCU than FF16 and the same as GOWR. It sold 350k across all platforms. It's also performing better on the Global sales charts (number 7) so the sales are higher than FF16 (number 15) and GOW (number 11).

The maximum ff16 and GOW sold is below 200k.