Known leaker @HipHopGamer claims that Nintendo will start putting their 1st party games on PC

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
John Candy Reaction GIF

They're also going 3rd party, like MS, amirite?

• haha
Reactions: toadsage44

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Oh lawd another first party to PC thread😂 at least this time it's Nintendo.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
This is 100% a lie, and doesn't make sense. An Origin PC Mario Kart collab?
6372-laughingtom.png

Imagine making up insane lies and then saying you gotta wait till 2026 to find out.

They totally should've done PC ports 10 years ago.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Even if they did people hopes and dreams on discounts on the games they want would never see that sight on PC. Besides people can already play Nintendo games on PC. 😃

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Reliable leaker?
“reliable”! He has a very spotty record
In no way is hiphop gamer reliable lol.
HHG said that Sony would be publishing Lost Soul Aside 6 years before it happened. People thought he was wrong/lying, but he ended up being right!

He's always ahead of the curve, if what he leaked hasn't happened yet, then it's only a matter of time.

Reactions: Bryank75
24 Jun 2022
I think its more feasible to see Nintendo porting games to PC than Vanillaware.

This makes absolutely zero sense, and we are all now slightly dumber for having read it.

HHG said that Sony would be publishing Lost Soul Aside 6 years before it happened. People thought he was wrong/lying, but he ended up being right!

He's always ahead of the curve, if what he leaked hasn't happened yet, then it's only a matter of time.

I don't think this is so much insider stuff as much as him speculating based on then-current factors and precedent. Which was a very good call in this case: some common sense and some extrapolation would've led to assuming a company like Sony would end up publishing LSA.

To a degree I do feel HHG doesn't get credit for stuff they say way ahead of talking heads like Jeff Grubb or such, but at the same time I honestly doubt most of these "insiders" have any real connections to secret info. Most of the time, they are guessing and speculating, not much different than we do. They just build public personas and platforms off of it, that's the only real difference.

So this "rumor" with Nintendo putting 1P games on PC is nothing more than that: personal speculation, and very wrong in this case. Nintendo have zero reason or need for PC revenue or profits, they have been making record profits off their own hardware and having full control of the hardware and software that way. They also don't want to devalue any reasons to consider buying a Switch 2.

IF they were to bring anything to PC, it would probably be some GaaS licensing out their IP but otherwise developed by an external 3P and managed by them, the way Pokemon GO! was done by Niantec for mobile. Nintendo, more than Microsoft and even Sony, know the importance of actual exclusivity and the value perception that puts in the heads of people at a subconscious level, and what that does for the console brand in boosting its desirability. Hopefully Sony take note of this, and scale back the PC push to just some or most of their GaaS titles, and maybe remaster catalogs of generations-old legacy titles with QOL improvements sprinkled in, or even cut content.

Last edited:

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
This makes zero sense. Nintendo is the only publisher that can get away with this.

Edit: Just checked he isnt reliable. He said Shenmue III would have an online mode and that Sony would have a "remastering engine"for remakes back in 2021

Last edited:
Reactions: xollowsob

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Ever since microsoft leaders announced their plans, xbots coming out of the woodwork with PS and nintendo is going to put their stuff everywhere. I’ll believe when i see. Nintendo remains the most profitable of the big 3 with a strong and loyal following. Their games also cost substantially less to make then the other 2 and some (pokemon) dont even put effort in and sell 30 million

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
At least Nintendo has a good excuse, all their game are playable on PC already.

I doubt they'll do it.

Reactions: xollowsob

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

I like the guy and he had got stuff right before but I'm just VERY skeptical on this particular item.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I’m going to need an assist here, was that sarcasm? I’m not saying Nintendo would never release on PC, but it's hard to believe right now.