Kotaku senior reporter on Concord budget: "$400 million is not the number I've heard"

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Yeah ofc they are not the real numbers. These douchebags are backtracking because they exposed Sony's embarrassing misunderstanding in investing a horrendous sum in Firewalk. This will mark Sony forever. Anyway it's all to cover thid embarrassment and to hide Hermen Hulst's incompetence. Hulst you're not escaping your fate, big brother Sony is watching you!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yeah ofc they are not the real numbers. These douchebags are backtracking because they exposed Sony's embarrassing misunderstanding in investing a horrendous sum in Firewalk. This will mark Sony forever. Anyway it's all to cover thid embarrassment and to hide Hermen Hulst's incompetence. Hulst you're not escaping your fate, big brother Sony is watching you!
Hulst is already in silent mode. You haven't heard from him in anything to do with PS5 pro.

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
It won't mark sony forever, calm your tits. The 2011 hack has been forgotten and this be forgotten as well.

Men_in_Boxes

Veteran
18 Aug 2024
Colin Moriarty right now:

nervous-sweating.png

• haha
Reactions: Exicide and EDMIX

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Hulst speaks like once or twice a year. The PS5 Pro was literally just announced lol

Jesus Christ these people are ridiculous...

Nishino didn't even speak until that ad for the 30th anniversary edition product line which was a week after the reveal of the PS5 Pro. This is a hardware push. Hardware is something that Nishino owns as part of platform.

Herman Hulst will speak when it relates to software as part of the studio business group and I'm sure the studio business group has their own 30th anniversary plans.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
No one is embarrassed by being wrong anymore. It's a real problem. People no longer even care if they're wrong. They're confidently wrong all the time and will act as if nothing even happened.

On some forums its even looked down up to quote someone's old statements or bring up old tweets, because the past is the past apparently.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Of all the people and outlets I don't believe, Kotaku is the second last one I would believe. Philocchio is of course the one I wouldn't believe the most.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Of all the people and outlets I don't believe, Kotaku is the second last one I would believe. Philocchio is of course the one I wouldn't believe the most.

So instead you believe a guy who himself prefaced the story with the fact that he isn't a journalist and is someone who has gotten things terribly wrong in the past.

You believe him because you WANT to believe him...

This is a cognitive dissonance.