Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
X Files GIF by The X-Files

Its been 4 years of this now, it doesn’t matter

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
That's good. The PlayStation fanbase isn't blaming such things to a 'PlayStation Tax' or media bias.

Listening to people 'in the know,' it seems PS has been holding on to big reveals; this event could have been a Showcase or SoP, they said.

which makes me think PS is trying to be extra cautious/strategic with their reveals.
We've been hearing this for 2 years now lol.

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
Not trying to take away from peoples' general concerns about Playstation, but:
Ah... good o'l Push Square and their toxic community. Nothing is good for those bozos.
Remember, these folks started as Nintendo Life, then squirmed their way to Xbox whatever...

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic and Bryank75
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Ah... good o'l Push Square and their toxic community. Nothing is good for those bozos.
Remember, these folks started as Nintendo Life, then squirmed their way to Xbox whatever...
and now everything is IGN.... LOL

• sad
Reactions: 2spooky5me

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
We've been hearing this for 2 years now lol.
Probably closer to 3 lol..It is weird but considering the circumstances:

1. Covid.
2. Layoffs
3. Falied GaaS push.
4. Restructuring
5. Games take longer to make.

It is kind of understandable as long as Sony delivers Uninterrupted Gameplay reveal. People will not be happy with CGI/Title Screen Reveals at this point.

Reactions: Danja

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well, it’s not like Bend, ND, and Sucker Punch having been doing nothing for 4-5 years. SSM and ND are gonna need extra time because they’re working on new IP.
And that was not the point of my post but the fact we've been hearing they've been holding back when in reality they just have nothing to show

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Push Square is a clickbait site, filled with MS astroturfers and shills. While this SoP wasn't anything special, their votes mean nothing. It's heavily astroturfed.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I like the PushSquare comments, it’s the only place outside of IconEra where PS fans are starting to realize that Sony is run by idiots.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I like the PushSquare comments, it’s the only place outside of IconEra where PS fans are starting to realize that Sony is run by idiots.
Those aren't PS fans. They're MS shills/astroturfers. Their comments have been negative even during the PS4 era. That site is heavily frequented by MS fanboys for years now, well before this gen even started.

Helped by the owners/writers themselves, that frequently clickbait and sometimes outright shill against PS.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I think I have underestimated how poorly run Sony was, they actually tried to spend $26B on Paramount, that blows my mind.

I really don't get why they are so hell bent on being low key, they are way too conservative. They are on all the right sectors, they have the brands and the products but they can never put it all together, so dumb and it seems like a problem with Japan as a whole.

You put a hypeman like Elon Musk in charge of Sony an they would explode in value and be worth 10x what they are now, but no, let's put two boring accountants in charge. Why does AMD cares more about marketing, presentations, hyping people up than Sony, a gaming company?

They have this theory that games need to be made in secret that I'll never understand, yet they go and announce the adaptation of their games to series and movies many years in advance without having nothing to show for.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Those aren't PS fans. They're MS shills/astroturfers. Their comments have been negative even during the PS4 era. That site is heavily frequented by MS fanboys for years now, well before this gen even started.

Helped by the owners/writers themselves, that frequently clickbait and sometimes outright shill against PS.
Everyone I don't like is an Xbox shill.
Get new schtick, it's boring.

The showcase or whatever the fuck semantics Sony want to use, was only so bad because it should have been so good. There were concepts of games that, if gameplay was shown, would have been received great.

The blame lies on the people making the showcase, don't open with an interesting, well executed CGI clip that has the potential to be an interesting story with unique characters, only to rug pull into the most bland, generic, cookie-cutter piece of shit hero shooter.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Path of Exile 2, Monster Hunter Wilds and Astro Bot made the State of Play solid in general. For me, excluding the two VR games, GOWR PC port and the Until Dawn remaster, they had 10 games on the show and 1 for me is guaranteed with Astro Bot while Silent Hill 2 is 50/50. 1 out of 10 games isn't good but at the same time, I have had previous State of Plays that gave me no games at all.

If anything, I think that when it comes to State of Plays, people need to lower their expectations because when you research them, it's 1 out of 4 that's usually good or that's how they are for me at least. It is what it is though.

Reactions: Diah