Leak PlayStation Plus Strategy - Full Presentation From April 2023 (69 Slides)

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
No, you didn't give any precedent and doesn't exist. You were asking for PS5 to sell 150M in 5-6M years and no console ever achieved this. As I shown for PS2 took 11 years and Switch -which has the portables monopoly, so isn't the same home console context- is at 132M six years and a half after release.

I gave a precedent that is close enough taking into consideration that Nintendo was coming off the Wii U disaster - to illustrate the point. Now you’re pulling the “technically speaking”…. Sftu. And that is what I mean by intellectual dishonesty.

That number didn’t even take into account the full year of sales for the Switch. That performance perfectly illustrates that it’s possible to reach a 150m sell in in 6 years if market conditions, the state of the competition, production capacity and consumer demand allow. It’s perfectly feasible and you’re refusing to acknowledge that because you rather stick to your contrarian narrative like a baby.

You jumped on that point as your first reply to me in this thread thinking you had found a low hanging fruit to poke me with cause you've been licking your wounds from previous encounters and trying to find an opportunity to strike back - and now you’re running in fumes - again. So yes, my read on you is picture perfect and on point – specially your underlying motivations. Deny it all you want. Folks will make up their own mind.

When you’re intellectually dishonest I will call it out, when you make points that are idiotic, I will call it out as I see it. Get your panties in a bunch, call the mods, call the president, it’s what it’s.

There was a chips shortages that affected most high end tech industries, including the PS manufacturing and shipments. We know that if they didn't sell way more was because they weren't able to manufacture and ship more. The demand was there because the shipped units got sold out super quickly until they solved the chips issue.

This is not a narrative, it's a fact. If you can't handle reality or don't like it it's your issue, not mine.

Ignore the evidence, stick to narrative, repeat, don’t budge, don’t compromise. Pass – idiotic. Folks will make up their own mind on the previous articulated point in previous post. Nothing is being added here.

Bullshit, if you don't have chips to make more consoles you can't ship them, period. No "better planning" or "better estimation" can fix it.

That reference to "leadership competence" is particularly nonsensical. What do you expected them to do? To go themselves to the mines to extract materials and to the factories to build the chips when the normal workers couldn't produce chips because there was a global pandemic affecting their country? To have superpowers to predict global pandemics and to create chips themselves with magic powers?

To add more nonsensical stuff you mention "money lost" when SIE has been more profitable than ever and "production innefficiency" acting as if even in the middle of a pandemic they didn't achieve record numbers and once they had access to enough chips again they weren't back to record sales numbers.

Like the other affected tech companies, once they were impacted by the issue they tried to find other suppliers, but couldn't until the components were available again in enough quantity. Once they were available again Sony diversified more their list of manufacturers to reduce the chances of getting the same issue again, and a new console revision was started to be produced that was able to use components from a wider range of providers.

Again mischaracterizing the argument, and sticking to the narrative. The problem is not that there was simply a chip shortage, the problem is that devoid of a chip shortage Sony was still underestimating demand, and their production capacity was not there to meet the demand, chip shortage or no chip shortage. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that – and can be easily discerned by a well trained eye. The chip shortage simply compounded the problem. Again nothing new added - articulation and recycling. Keep running on fumes.

image.png

But hey, feel free to continue ignoring reality.
  • Multiple supplier sourcing mitigation (in after the fact appraisal).
  • Ongoing logistical innovations (in after the fact appraisal).
Those bulletpoints reinforce my read, not yours but finally one Sony graph shows up, straight from the arguing online folder. Sooner or later the folder had to make an appearance. Obviously same result.

I’m liking the reality of where this has gone from where I’m sitting.
You said "PS5 and Xbox is about 160 -170 million units, thus 150m being within that range?", I shared the known factual combined PS and Xbox numbers we have across the different generations to have a more complete picture. My opinion and estimate are from there and other factual data like the 30% of new users and 70M MAU still in PS4.

If you don't like facts it's your issue, not mine.

What fact fool? You said nothing with those comments, literally nothing, except trying to push a false premise and instill reader doubt suggesting that because we don’t know the exact overlap between Xbox and PlayStation users (never being 1:1) we can’t be sure if 150 million is reachable.

That was a dumbass take, and naturally I embarrassed you for it. As I said, for that portion of the commentary, simply sftu, you don’t know what you’re talking about. I think the bullshit meter climbs higher every time you type “facts”. The more you run on fumes, the higher proportion of the usage of the word “facts”.

“I got the facts. You don’t like the facts. I refute with facts. Facts, facts, facts.” Hug the facts a bit harder and the poor fella is gonna choke out.

By your own admission. What has changed from those generations except the market split between Xbox and PS? The combined addressable is more or less constant while the split oscillates based on generation/market performance by the consoles in question (Xbox/PS), and we’re talking about two direct competitors, the most direct in this industry.

Your little attempt at sowing doubt was simply called out, and now you’re pissing about. Next.

Wait we’re saying goodbye’s?

Respect is earned. Being an intellectually dishonest narrative pushing fanboy will never get respect. Now you can toy with other low IQ posters on this site and carry them for a ride, tire them out etc (in effect troll them in a sick ego exercise) but you should know there are some that simply won’t fall for that. I’ve done the work many times over. Everyone on the know knows. Keep crying.

I you think you can get an easy low hanging fruit on me, rethink twice before posting. Otherwise you end with this.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
@KnittedKnight are you really pointing to the switch's sales as evidence that the ps5 should/could have hit 150m sales in the same time? Huh? The switch is available at $200. That's impulse buy territory for a lot of people. Ps5 is not, and the cheaper version is virtually unavailable.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
The Switch started at $300. The PS5 is not supposed to be ever priced at $500 for a full gen - reasonably speaking. You already have the Series X being priced at $349. The PS/Xbox combined addressable from gen to gen is about 170m on average - what changes from gen to gen is the market share splits. Begs to reason in a 6-7 yr cycle, if Xbox craters and sells at best 20 million (and there is plenty of precedent in this industry of consoles cratering early, see the Wii U, Gamecube, OG Xbox) then I think it's possible, all conditions aligned that Sony could have had a run at 150m within a 6 year lifecycle - or close about. Even possible for the PS6, although I can't make those predictions this early without having a general idea of how Xbox will finish this gen, and have an overall take on the state of the industry - we still have 3 more years to go least to a have sound general idea. If I were an insider, obviously much earlier. But coming into this gen, I predicted a bloodbath and Xbox cratering, early, not in year 3 as we're seeing today with the massive drop off. The production issues, the left field variables as well as other Sony misfires kneecapped that possibility.

Most importantly it should be Sony's internal goal to reach that sort of performance - and there is a difference there (are they more comfortable gunning for 130m at certain price points, making money on the hardware or do they want that 150m even if they don't make a cent on the hardware?). Sony internally has to decide, my preference is for a larger base - leaving nothing or as little as possible in the table for competitors. Establish a high new normal - "get them early" - squeeze Xbox out - and watch for PC.

Since some of you wanted to see my reasoning behind that specific number within that time-frame I obliged. That Sony is making capital investments today to support the sort of production capacity and the scalability needed to support that sort of push bodes well for the PS6 - but production is just one part of the equation. I think coming into this gen PS5 had the demand, the momentum (PS4 carryover) and the moribund direct competitor - the problem was production. Obviously hugging an OG price point for too long eventually has a say on adoption as well. Clearly Sony thinks they can stretch that for the time being. Sony has not been selling at a loss for quite some time now and we know it's cheaper to manufacture than an Xbox Series X.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/ps5-playstation-5-buy-sell-price-loss-b1896912.html

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Diah and anonpuffs

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I gave a precedent that is close enough taking into consideration that Nintendo was coming off the Wii U disaster - to illustrate the point. Now you’re pulling the “technically speaking”…. Sftu. And that is what I mean by intellectual dishonesty.
That number didn’t even take into account the full year of sales for the Switch. That performance perfectly illustrates that it’s possible to reach a 150m sell in in 6 years if market conditions, the state of the competition, production capacity and consumer demand allow.

It’s perfectly feasible and you’re refusing to acknowledge that because you rather stick to your contrarian narrative like a baby.

You jumped on that point as your first reply to me in this thread thinking you had found a low hanging fruit to poke me with cause you've been licking your wounds from previous encounters and trying to find an opportunity to strike back - and now you’re running in fumes - again. So yes, my read on you is picture perfect and on point – specially your underlying motivations. Deny it all you want. Folks will make up their own mind.
You were asking the PS5 to achieve 150M in 5-6 years. Which would be to almost outsell the LTD sales of the best selling home console ever achieving it in half of the time. Something nonsensical, as I pointed out, specially because Sony couldn't produce more consoles due to the chips shortage.

Sonething that as good gaming flatearther you denied to exist and claimed instead that if they didn't sell more is because of their management's fault because of potatoes.

As always, ignoring all facts that show the reality and providing zero facts to prove or back your points, like that Sony was able to ship 150M consoles in 5-6 years and that if they didn't do it was because of bad management planning and stuff like that.

And yes, the 132M Switch sales number it's the most recent official one we have, until September 30th, 2023. And since it was released in March 2017 it's 6 years and a half of sales as I said.

When you’re intellectually dishonest I will call it out, when you make points that are idiotic, I will call it out as I see it. Get your panties in a bunch, call the mods, call the president, it’s what it’s.

Ignore the evidence, stick to narrative, repeat, don’t budge, don’t compromise. Pass – idiotic. Folks will make up their own mind on the previous articulated point in previous post. Nothing is being added here.
I'm the one who posted the evidences of the sales of the previous consoles, the time it took PS2 to achieve 150M, the current Switch sales+time since release and the PS+XB combined sales each generation (during all their generation, not only 5-6 years).

All these evidences show that no console was able to achieve 150M in 5-6 years and that PS5 would need to increase the PS+XB market beyond the size it had the previous generations to end selling 150M (at the end of its generation so over 10 years, not it 5-6M).

You're the one who reject them and posted absolutely zero evindences that show that they could have achieved it.

Same goes with the reasons of why they didn't ship more consoles: we have plenty of evidence showing it was due to lack of components to manufacture more and I posted some. You're the one not accepting these facts and say that instead they didn't ship more because of poor management planning and so on because of potatoes, not providing a single factual evidence to prove it's the case.

Again mischaracterizing the argument, and sticking to the narrative. The problem is not that there was just simply a chip shortage, the problem is that devoid of a chip shortage Sony was still underestimating demand, and their production capacity was not there to meet the demand, chip shortage or no chip shortage. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that – and can be easily discerned by a well trained eye. The chip shortage simply compounded the problem. Again nothing new added. Keep running on fumes.
I'm sticking to the facts, not to any narrative. You are sticking to fantasy land theories backed by nothing and that goes against the available factual evidences we have. We all know that PS5 and many other tech products had supply issues do to the lack of chips/components that prevented them to be able to produce more because they knew -because said it many times and everybody saw the super quick sold outs- that there was a bigger demand now and you don't accept it.

In fact, Sony estimated that they will ship 25M consoles this year, and many think looking at the available sales until now that they won't be able achieve it even if now they are no longer supply constrained by the chips shortage. The opposite of underestimating the demand.

• Multiple supplier sourcing mitigation (in after the fact appraisal).
  • Ongoing logistical innovations (in after the fact appraisal).
Those bulletpoints reinforce my read, not yours but finally one Sony graph shows up, straight from the arguing online folder. Sooner or later had to make an appearance. Obviously same result.
These point are exactly what I said before, that they weren't able to ship more consoles because of lack of components, and after the chips shortage was over they diversified their suppliers and adapted their factories to use components from more suppliers in their consoles to maximize the consoles they can make and to reduce the risk of suffering the component shortage again in the future.

Your read was instead to reject the lack of chips as the reason for not selling more, and instead to blame their management skills, planning, etc.

What fact fool? You said nothing with those comments, literally nothing, except trying to push a false premise and instill reader doubt suggesting that because we don’t know the exact overlap between Xbox and PlayStation users (never being 1:1) we can’t be sure if 150 million is reachable.
I see that you keep insulting. Last time I reply to you, I'll add you to the ignore list.

In these numbers I shown the more or less stable combined sales of PS+XB sales every generation. An amount of sales that if removing the already XB Series units sold and assuming that starting tomorrow XB won't sell more consoles, PS5 would to grow that submarket to reach 150M and would do it at the end of the gener

That was a dumbass take, and naturally I embarrassed you for it. As I said, for that portion of the commentary, simply sftu, you don’t know what you’re talking about. I think the bullshit metter climbs higher every time you type “facts”. The more you run on fumes, the higher proportion of the usage of the word “facts”.

“I got the facts. You don’t like the facts. I refute with facts. Facts, facts, facts.” Poor fella.

By your own admission. What has changed from those generations except the market split between Xbox and PS? The combined addressable is more or less constant while the split oscillates based on generation/market performance by the consoles in question (Xbox/PS), and we’re talking about two direct competitors, the most direct in this industry.

Your little attempt at sowing doubt was simply called out, and now you’re pissing about. Next.

Wait we’re saying goodbye’s?

Respect is earned. Being an intellectually dishonest narrative pushing fanboy will never get respect. Now you can toy with other low IQ posters on this site and carry them for a ride, tire them out etc (in effect troll them in a sick ego exercise) but you should know there are some that simply won’t fall for that. I’ve done the work many times over. Everyone on the know knows. Keep crying.

I you think you can get an easy low hanging fruit on me, rethink twice before posting. Otherwise you end with this.
I shown that the total sales of PS+XB each generation have been 170-180M, so seem complicated to expand it. As of June 2023 Series already sold 21M units according to MS (in almost 3 years, not in all the generation) and will continue selling the rest of the generation, leaving less than 150M for PS5, who would have a hard time to achieve 150M at the end of their lifecycle, more than 10 years for PS consoles. So it's impossible to achieve it in 5-6 years.

As I said to achieve 150M at the end of its generation would be possible but very difficult (in 5-6 is nonsensical).

But to achieve it Sony would have to do it growing the submarket with players who are from outside PS+XB: players who liked some pc port or mobile game adaptation and later went to buy the console, or someone who liked a SIE IP movie/tv show and later went to buy the console, or someone who plays PS games via cloud gaming without owning the console and later goes to buy it, or some Asian player who gets appealed by some game that may result with Sony's partnership with Chinese or Korean devs and later end buying the console.

I think that from each one of these sources Sony will end getting many millions of players but specially for the long term: PS6 and beyond because many of these plans are just starting and will take many years to see results.

I think that from PS5 launch to discontinuation (maybe around 2031 or so) PS5 will get only a residual amount of new players for the PS+XB submarket from each source, maybe a combined 5M or being very optimistic 10-15M.

Having said that, I won't accept more insults so welcome my ignore list. I won't waste more time with you.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
You said goodbye on the previous post and now also on ignore (and before that in other posts as well some time back If I recall) - I get it it's your right to respond... just stick to being consistent on ultimatums. Don't want to turn into Mr. K who reads my posts everyday and gets triggered.... pot shotting when possible.

You're merely recycling and regurgitating articulation of the same points. My previous posts with the meat are there to respond to that. That's that.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
You were asking the PS5 to achieve 150M in 5-6 years. Which would be to almost outsell the LTD sales of the best selling home console ever achieving it in half of the time. Something nonsensical, as I pointed out, specially because Sony couldn't produce more consoles due to the chips shortage.

Sonething that as good gaming flatearther you denied to exist and claimed instead that if they didn't sell more is because of their management's fault because of potatoes.

As always, ignoring all facts that show the reality and providing zero facts to prove or back your points, like that Sony was able to ship 150M consoles in 5-6 years and that if they didn't do it was because of bad management planning and stuff like that.

And yes, the 132M Switch sales number it's the most recent official one we have, until September 30th, 2023. And since it was released in March 2017 it's 6 years and a half of sales as I said.

I'm the one who posted the evidences of the sales of the previous consoles, the time it took PS2 to achieve 150M, the current Switch sales+time since release and the PS+XB combined sales each generation (during all their generation, not only 5-6 years).

All these evidences show that no console was able to achieve 150M in 5-6 years and that PS5 would need to increase the PS+XB market beyond the size it had the previous generations to end selling 150M (at the end of its generation so over 10 years, not it 5-6M).

You're the one who reject them and posted absolutely zero evindences that show that they could have achieved it.

Same goes with the reasons of why they didn't ship more consoles: we have plenty of evidence showing it was due to lack of components to manufacture more and I posted some. You're the one not accepting these facts and say that instead they didn't ship more because of poor management planning and so on because of potatoes, not providing a single factual evidence to prove it's the case.

I'm sticking to the facts, not to any narrative. You are sticking to fantasy land theories backed by nothing and that goes against the available factual evidences we have. We all know that PS5 and many other tech products had supply issues do to the lack of chips/components that prevented them to be able to produce more because they knew -because said it many times and everybody saw the super quick sold outs- that there was a bigger demand now and you don't accept it.

In fact, Sony estimated that they will ship 25M consoles this year, and many think looking at the available sales until now that they won't be able achieve it even if now they are no longer supply constrained by the chips shortage. The opposite of underestimating the demand.

These point are exactly what I said before, that they weren't able to ship more consoles because of lack of components, and after the chips shortage was over they diversified their suppliers and adapted their factories to use components from more suppliers in their consoles to maximize the consoles they can make and to reduce the risk of suffering the component shortage again in the future.

Your read was instead to reject the lack of chips as the reason for not selling more, and instead to blame their management skills, planning, etc.

I see that you keep insulting. Last time I reply to you, I'll add you to the ignore list.

In these numbers I shown the more or less stable combined sales of PS+XB sales every generation. An amount of sales that if removing the already XB Series units sold and assuming that starting tomorrow XB won't sell more consoles, PS5 would to grow that submarket to reach 150M and would do it at the end of the gener

I shown that the total sales of PS+XB each generation have been 170-180M, so seem complicated to expand it. As of June 2023 Series already sold 21M units according to MS (in almost 3 years, not in all the generation) and will continue selling the rest of the generation, leaving less than 150M for PS5, who would have a hard time to achieve 150M at the end of their lifecycle, more than 10 years for PS consoles. So it's impossible to achieve it in 5-6 years.

As I said to achieve 150M at the end of its generation would be possible but very difficult (in 5-6 is nonsensical).

But to achieve it Sony would have to do it growing the submarket with players who are from outside PS+XB: players who liked some pc port or mobile game adaptation and later went to buy the console, or someone who liked a SIE IP movie/tv show and later went to buy the console, or someone who plays PS games via cloud gaming without owning the console and later goes to buy it, or some Asian player who gets appealed by some game that may result with Sony's partnership with Chinese or Korean devs and later end buying the console.

I think that from each one of these sources Sony will end getting many millions of players but specially for the long term: PS6 and beyond because many of these plans are just starting and will take many years to see results.

I think that from PS5 launch to discontinuation (maybe around 2031 or so) PS5 will get only a residual amount of new players for the PS+XB submarket from each source, maybe a combined 5M or being very optimistic 10-15M.

Having said that, I won't accept more insults so welcome my ignore list. I won't waste more time with you.
We might see ps5 hit 150m if it drops to $399 and xbox exits the console space...other than that i see it selling around 120m

24 Jun 2022
We might see ps5 hit 150m if it drops to $399 and xbox exits the console space...other than that i see it selling around 120m

120 million with potentially 8 years vs. PS4's 7 would be pretty bad for PS5 IMO considering it had a faster start than PS4 and is currently tracking ahead of it globally now that the shortages are over.

It would, to me, signal that one or more other initiatives are kneecapping PS5 sales potential. Those could be continued ports of marquee 1P AAA titles to PC with short or shortening windows, not having a good variety of exclusive content to pull in other players from other platforms, aggressively expanding cloud streaming to where devices like PS Portal become "streaming consoles" and reduce need to buy a PS5 for functionality, or other such factors.

Ideally they should be looking to finish around 130-132 million with an 8-year cycle, or somewhere around 121-122 million with a 7-year cycle. Which would put it slightly ahead of PS4 (which was around 117 million after 7 years). Depending on how long manufacturing continues post-PS6 release, they could maybe hit 130 million (normal 7-year cycle) or something between 135-140 million (longer 8-year cycle), knowing cross-gen might still be favored for a year or two at large.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Very interesting, do they posted this full document somewhere? Regarding fighting games players making purchases every 3 months on average may be due to the DLC characters being released with this speed.

It's interesting to see that fighters are at similar levels than the GTAV and the shooters (excluding CoD). Seems that people quickly pays for mtx in sports games, and that Genshin Impact is also doing a great job there with the gatcha stuff. In FFXIV the distance seem to be long because its main mtx/dlc are the expansions and they should have that distanced timing.

Having access to this kind of info (plus other one like hours played, days played, daily sessions played, ARPU, DAU, MAY, LTD etc) from all PSN games -and particularly GaaS- must be super helful for Sony GaaS to detect what works and what doesn't in other games and use them or not as reference.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
120 million with potentially 8 years vs. PS4's 7 would be pretty bad for PS5 IMO considering it had a faster start than PS4 and is currently tracking ahead of it globally now that the shortages are over.

It would, to me, signal that one or more other initiatives are kneecapping PS5 sales potential. Those could be continued ports of marquee 1P AAA titles to PC with short or shortening windows, not having a good variety of exclusive content to pull in other players from other platforms, aggressively expanding cloud streaming to where devices like PS Portal become "streaming consoles" and reduce need to buy a PS5 for functionality, or other such factors.

Ideally they should be looking to finish around 130-132 million with an 8-year cycle, or somewhere around 121-122 million with a 7-year cycle. Which would put it slightly ahead of PS4 (which was around 117 million after 7 years). Depending on how long manufacturing continues post-PS6 release, they could maybe hit 130 million (normal 7-year cycle) or something between 135-140 million (longer 8-year cycle), knowing cross-gen might still be favored for a year or two at large.
$499 is a lot, 135-140m is probably not gonna happen unless they slash the price quite a bit and idk if it's going to happen. You have to remember that the ps4 was $299 for many years

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
$499 is a lot, 135-140m is probably not gonna happen unless they slash the price quite a bit and idk if it's going to happen. You have to remember that the ps4 was $299 for many years
350 is that sweet spot.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
How much of a cop out is it for me to say "buy/co-develop games for implicit exclusivity" or "buy/invest to the level where you have the benefit of it with creative/plans, don't be say, epic or tencent's little brother investor".. whichever stage we could achieve those conditions?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
How much of a cop out is it for me to say "buy/co-develop games for implicit exclusivity" or "buy/invest to the level where you have the benefit of it with creative/plans, don't be say, epic or tencent's little brother investor".. whichever stage we could achieve those conditions?
PlayStation produced games developed by external studios were always a great strategy but Sony seems to have shifted focus away from it as well, we'll get DS2 and Rise of Ronnin and some chinese/korean games and not much else apparently.

PlayStation needs a new leadership that sees how much bigger PlayStation could be, not because of PC ports or mobile, but because of a Nintendo-like brand strength and momentum of their platform.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
PlayStation produced games developed by external studios were always a great strategy but Sony seems to have shifted focus away from it as well, we'll get DS2 and Rise of Ronnin and some chinese/korean games and not much else apparently.

PlayStation needs a new leadership that sees how much bigger PlayStation could be, not because of PC ports or mobile, but because of a Nintendo-like brand strength and momentum of their platform.
Kaz saw tht vision and because of him Playstation turned itself around second half of PS3 era into PS4. So much so Sony themselves placed Playstation as the face of the company and number one importance.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Kaz saw tht vision and because of him Playstation turned itself around second half of PS3 era into PS4. So much so Sony themselves placed Playstation as the face of the company and number one importance.
Until they started taking the console market for granted and figure out PC, mobile or pretty much anything else are all more important to them than their console business is and that PlayStation should be leveraged to allow them to make plays for those other stupid markets.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
That was Kaz? Someone get him and Kevin Butler back in charge. we can do this, in my dreams.

• haha
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022

Well said, this is sort of what I was meaning in the background, just my gaming tastes/example range is limited, so I might just use my examples from whichever 3P and fall back to Sony bought or invested/helped the game enough so that it's at a level where Sony has control, insert your own better examples :)

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Well said, this is sort of what I was meaning in the background, just my gaming tastes/example range is limited, so I might just use my examples from whichever 3P and fall back to Sony bought or invested/helped the game enough so that it's at a level where Sony has control, insert your own better examples :)
I remember one of the leaked email we got where one Sony former executive was talking to Jim Ryan and making fun of how Sony was focused on producing cars instead of PlayStation. That guy understands it.

Pretty much all companies with the exception of Nintendo would kill to have a business like the PlayStation business yet Sony is willing to spend money on everything besides the PlayStation console business. PC ports, e-sports, INZONE, mobile, movies, series, anime, music, electric cars, anything takes priority over PlayStation and they are in fact leveraging the success of PlayStation to support these endeavors while taking their current audience for granted and investing as little as possible on their core strengths.

Reactions: Puff