Leaked Images Of Rumored White Xbox Series X With No Disc Drive

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The Series S is $150 alot and even that doesnt move units. Its a shit console but tempting for someone not caring much about performance or anything other than cod/sports
Only thing tht might sell to as you mentioned is someone tht doesn't know but Sony mindshare is so crazy tht most of those ppl will just look for Sony something.

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Only thing tht might sell to as you mentioned is someone tht doesn't know but Sony mindshare is so crazy tht most of those ppl will just look for Sony something.
Add in that most people might talk people out of it in favor of PS. any retail shop will certainly want you there as well

Reactions: Gamernyc78

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
no fkn disc drive... You bet sony will follow. If sony does this too, then what the hell my collection

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Making it white because the ps5 is successful & is white so maybe that's the reason 🤣
The Series S failed because it was white and the Series X failed because it was black.

Swapping the colors fixes everything, it's also very important to remove the disc drive from all units as a big fuck you to Xbox fans.

Sony already have a digital only. They know it's in their best interest to keep physicals going as long as possible.
They never tried to force digital into people, early on they made drastically more of the regular PS5 when compared to the digital and now every console that they sell has at least an option available to be able to run discs.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Danja1187

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Sony already have a digital only. They know it's in their best interest to keep physicals going as long as possible.
but you know how sony is with following the worst stuff m$ is doing.
Physical is absolutely the way to go. They get to sell so much more stuff like deluxe editions, maps and all the stuff you get with games. You can earn so much on physical media. Would be foolish to let it go

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Physical is absolutely the way to go. They get to sell so much more stuff like deluxe editions, maps and all the stuff you get with games. You can earn so much on physical media. Would be foolish to let it go
Well in this case they wouldn't be so dumb lol. We've all seen the stats where even their own games majority of the sales are still physicals.

And to some extent they still understand the need for retail presence

Reactions: rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Well in this case they wouldn't be so dumb lol. We've all seen the stats where even their own games majority of the sales are still physicals.

And to some extent they still understand the need for retail presence
yes thank god for insomniac stats that leaked. their own games sell 60-70% on disc. That's great

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Sony have already made their move with the detachable disc drive.

Perfect decision Imho.

The PS5 pro will be the same and most likely the PS6.

Sony wouldn’t create that detachable drive and its ease of installation for a short term basis.

Do drives like that even exist outside the PS5? Amazing engineering.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
no fkn disc drive... You bet sony will follow. If sony does this too, then what the hell my collection

Naaa I'm pretty sure the disc drive that goes on the slim will work with the Pro.

Only bad part about that is we won't get a very different design overall on the outside ... probably.

• fire
Reactions: rofif and Muddasar

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think the Series X is the best looking Xbox since OG. The simple design of it for some reason I like