Lego Horizon Adventures Announced | Summer Game Fest | PS5/Switch/Steam/EGS

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
at this point just port Horizon Zero Dawn and Forbidden West to the Switch 2... they already run on other handhelds like Steam Deck anyway...
They'll port every game that they already ported to PC and that is able to run on the Switch 2. Once they opened that door there is no turning back, Sony is fully multiplataform now, specially when you consider that Xbox is dead anyway, so not releasing on Xbox is irrelevant.

Too bad for them, I liked PlayStation but I bet I'll like the Switch 2 even more. :ROFLMAO:

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
They'll port every game that they already ported to PC and that is able to run on the Switch 2. Once they opened that door there is no turning back, Sony is fully multiplataform now, specially when you consider that Xbox is dead anyway, so not releasing on Xbox is irrelevant.

Too bad for them, I liked PlayStation but I bet I'll like the Switch 2 even more. :ROFLMAO:
i think Nintendo and PC is the way to go, only Console provider to offer real exclusive games, and eventually they'll get everything as their hardware gets more powerful

saci

5 May 2024
Damn every game there announced for Steam, Sony just KEEPS losing to GabeN. He always wins and by doing nothing how does he does it? Sony even bent the knee and is going to release that PSVR2 adapter so that people can play Alyx on PC without Valve doing nothing in return, oof...

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Who is saying Astro Bot is a tentpole IP? But that being said, was Ghost of Tsushima before it released?

I think you're confused because Astro Bot is coming out to PS5 and not PC at least not initially, so you don't understand whether it fits in one camp or the other.

The reality is that Until Dawn is a remake of a game that already exists. By all reports Lego Horizon is a Horizon Zero Dawn remake set in the lego universe. I'm surprised it isn't releasing on Switch. We have no idea who is even developing the game, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't Guerrilla Games, it certainly wouldn't be their primary developers at any rate and as we know Until Dawn is being developed externally as well.

Wow I totally called this.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
LOL... It's money dude.

Spider-Man on Switch would sell boat loads. Miles Morales as well. It makes a lot of sense to put it on the Switch.

Neither game is selling PS5s at this point.

I'd even put Spider-Man 2 on Switch 2 at some point.
You have gone full idiot. I'm now convinced you're a certain someone's alt.

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
Honestly, that's not what I expected, it looks like Minecraft Dungeons

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Honestly, that's not what I expected, it looks like Minecraft Dungeons

It makes all the sense in the world.

Sony is trying to cast a wider net.

Anyone who saw Fallout have the success it did, but have marginal revenue because all the fallout games were so cheap should understand this.

If the Horizon show on Netflix is a massive success, they're going to be able to sell to people of all ages now. If people become bigger fans of the IP, there's a better chance that after playing the lego version, they'll want the real game when they're older.

There's probably a short list of actresses to play Aloy.

This being a Netflix show, Sadie Sink is probably the odds on favorite, but Sophia Lillis has to be an option. Maybe an outside chance of Bella Thorne and an even more outside chance at Zendaya.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Wasn't this the Horizon Online game, as per our lord and saviour @Yurinka ? Nope, it's not, he was wrong again. Random chance has more accuracy 😂
Just quoting this because that A.I Bot will probably ignore this and blab away in other threads acting like he's so knowledgeable

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I gotta say the version of Aloy in this game is better than than the version in the actual games 🤣

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
LOL... It's money dude.

Spider-Man on Switch would sell boat loads. Miles Morales as well. It makes a lot of sense to put it on the Switch.

Neither game is selling PS5s at this point.

I'd even put Spider-Man 2 on Switch 2 at some point.
It's short term money. You're exchanging long term investors that buy both games through your store and pay for a subscription, for short term ones that only buy a game once in a while.

Platform holders compete with exclusives. I know people like to parrot how they're anti consumer but they're what push the industry forward. If you don't use exclusive software to entice people into your ecosystem, you have no incentive to make that software good.

If everything is everywhere, where does the competition come from? if you're not worried about selling hardware, why would you bother developing good software? Just make some slop and plaster it everywhere. It'll stick eventually, right?