PS5 Pro: Colin Moriarty says a 3rd party publisher was recently given a presentation for the pro, 1st & 2nd-parties have specs. Do we really need it?

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Will it be similar to the performance increase from PS4 to PS4 slim?

2TB SSD has to be standard, right?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I hope it is 2TB and expect tht much space.
1Tb will be max. stop dreaming.
personally, i hope, that PRO is at least 2x times more powerful that all games which ran 1440p60fps in performance mode, now could run 4k60fps. and those with 120hz TV could run instead of 40fps mode, 60fps mode. it would be sweet spot. either way, i am upgrading.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1Tb will be max. stop dreaming.
personally, i hope, that PRO is at least 2x times for powerful that all games which ran 1440p60fps in performance mode, now could run 4k60fps. and those with 120hz TV could run instead of 40fps mode, 60fps mode. it would be sweet spot. either way, i am upgrading.
I can dream if I want 👀 and yeah I'm upgrading no matter what.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hope we get solid specs reveal soon although. Any have been floating around for months.

10 Jan 2024
As long as we don't have to decide between modes, I'm so sick of doing this!

Also i hope we get some sort of tangible boost for PSVR2 like we did with the PS4 Pro, some games would really benefit from this.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
Hmmm besides Raytracing didn't they speculate something integrated around ML (machine learning)?

Multiple reports/insiders/leakers talk about DLSS like HW integration that is custom made by Sony. But how would this come about? Is it possible/feasible for them to integrate that kind of proprietary tech without AMD taking it for themselves and then give it to Xbox?

I’m not sure how this works at that level.

Reactions: Puff and Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
PS4 pro introduced checkerboard let’s see what Cerny has in store this time.
The logical guess (no need to be an insider) would be some propietary deep learning (AI) super sampling, pretty likely using the tech from the company they recently bought. And/or maybe some other trick to improve raytracing. Some extra horsepower and that's all.

Multiple reports/insiders/leakers talk about DLSS like HW integration that is custom made by Sony. But how would this come about? Is it possible/feasible for them to integrate that kind of proprietary tech without AMD taking it for themselves and then give it to Xbox?

If Sony does their own method they'll patent it, so others won't be able to use it without their permission/paying them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Ahhh thnks for the reminder.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The logical guess (no need to be an insider) would be some propietary deep learning (AI) super sampling, pretty likely using the tech from the company they recently bought. And/or maybe some other trick to improve raytracing. Some extra horsepower and that's all.

If Sony does their own method they'll patent it, so others won't be able to use it without their permission/paying them.
All it takes is a tweak or two and ppl get around patents but yes.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1TB would keep the cost low. Then there are cheaper storage expansions available. I think that'd be the best way forward.

Save the cost and put it towards improving the performance and efficacy of the system.
Im there no matter what. SSD space isn't a big thing for me as I've had 1GB downloads for years now and games download quickly for me so I just delete and add at times.

• Shake
Reactions: Heisenberg007

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
hopefully they don't hold anything back and give us a 699 box with full 4K 60fps

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
hopefully they don't hold anything back and give us a 699 box with full 4K 60fps
I know hardcores jump on these things first (like I will) but I think if they want to sell a gd amount sell and good retention $700 is to much and it needs to be no higher than $600.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'm really curious to know what the PS5 Pro angle is going to be because safe for when devs are incompetent PS5 already provides good performance and IQ in games.

Best console hardware ever as far as I'm concerned, silent, 60fps is almost a standard, good IQ, games like Spider-man 2 show that it can even handle the use of RT at 60fps, there is VRR as a backup, 40fps modes.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I know hardcores jump on these things first (like I will) but I think if they want to sell a gd amount sell and good retention $700 is to much and it needs to be no higher than $600.
only consoles have this bs, people spend thousands of dollars on a RTX 4080, thousands of dollars on a new iPhone, but consoles have to stay capped at 500/600, it's ridiculous.