Looks Like FF VII Remake Is Coming To Xbox At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Chasing easy money wasn't how they got to the PS4 and PS5 success, it will also not save them when the time inevitably comes.

Making easy money with MLB, i've referred to that. And previous post also was referred to MLB. MLB license is AN EASY MONEY

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
MLB is NOT a Sony's IP. And worst management in the industry? LOL PS has never been better in its history.
they don't own the IP but they've been developing the game for the last 25 years.....And now they just give it away for free to a competitor.... 🤦‍♂️ It's not a coincidence that MLB went to Xbox at the same time as a bunch of other former exclusives. If Sony was smart they would've called their bluff and told MLB to kick rocks and find someone else to make a successful game, but Jim rolled over like the incompetent clown that he is.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
they don't own the IP but they've been developing the game for the last 25 years.....And now they just give it away for free to a competitor.... 🤦‍♂️ It's not a coincidence that MLB went to Xbox at the same time as a bunch of other former exclusives.

Yes, and MLB wants more money. Free to a competiror? Mind you that MS are paying for MLB game to be on Gamepass. And that money goes to MLB and Sony San Diego. MLB didn't went to Xbox. MLB negotiate a new deal with Sony.

If Sony was smart they would've called their bluff and told MLB to kick rocks and find someone else to make a successful game, but Jim rolled over like the incompetent clown that he is.

And Sony would loose a licence and easy money. Or maybe one of MS studios would develop and MLB and money will go to them. Glad that forum is runned by fans ( some blind ones too ), but negotionating a deals, glad that is not runned by fans. PS has never been better under Jim leadership now

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Yes, and MLB wants more money. Free to a competiror? Mind you that MS are paying for MLB game to be on Gamepass. And that money goes to MLB and Sony San Diego. MLB didn't went to Xbox. MLB negotiate a new deal with Sony.

And Sony would loose a licence and easy money. Or maybe one of MS studios would develop and MLB and money will go to them. Glad that forum is runned by fans ( some blind ones too ), but negotionating a deals, glad that is not runned by fans. PS has never been better under Jim leadership now

Do people honestly believe Sony is making the game free for Xbox and not taking a cut of that Microsoft money to get it on Gamepass.

Sony paying for development and advertising too?

Come on now.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'd hardly call it a done deal....

Xbox social media are far more relaxed on this type of stuff than PS.

Even if it does come to Xbox in the next year or so, it's been a long time since it released on PS. It will sell nothing on Xbox, it's just console warriors that want to take away exclusives from PS...nothing more. They don't give a shit about FF or any other Japanese game unless they see it as a chess piece on the board of their shitty version of console war chess.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Wasn't it Xbox Brazil that leaked (shipped) numbers for Xbox Series and Xbox One at a developer's conference a couple months ago?

Yes it's not official until it's official. But we can't be choosey when to believe a source and when not to, not to this degree, IMO.

Otherwise if it's just them throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks, then whatever. But I think that highlights a problem WRT Sony's lack of a mascot/figurehead in the community to speak with enthusiasts and media regularly (for things such as keeping discourse in their favor).
Leaked?

The number come from Microsoft Brasil conference in BIG Festival (old BGF).
There is leak at all… it was a public event… there is no way to be more official than that.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Is it understood that Square is a third party developer, right?

We also understand that Xbox gamers are not going to buy or play Square Enix games, then Square will skip Xbox again.

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
I think you guys need to see the bigger picture. FF 13 and 15 were not incidentally a part of a plan, laid out through internal emails & documents, to spend Sony out of the market through targeting their closest 3P partners for acquisition. They were not a means of buttressing Square-Enix into eventually preferring them as a platform holder for marketing deals and release priority (if not later on acquisition).

It's becoming increasingly obvious that Microsoft is looking to turn Square-Enix into another 3P ally of theirs the same we've seen with Sega/Atlus-Sammy. Who would've seen the results we've seen now, coming back even two years ago? And, Sega/Atlus are one of the other big Japanese 3P publishers Microsoft have expressed intently wanting to acquire.

Nothing really "prevents" them from buying a Japanese 3P publisher BTW; they just can't do a hostile takeover is all. But companies like Sega/Atlus are not under a "protected" status, so if they want to sell, and Microsoft wants to buy them...well that's that. The same pertains to Square-Enix. The previous Square-Enix management may've been considerate of deeper partnerships and/or acquisition by Sony, but the new management might not be within the next 2-3 years when Sony's supposedly finally ready to make a move.

By that point, they may be more willing to stay independent and do partnerships with Microsoft. Which, hey, ideally I'd love if ALL 3P pubs stayed independent, but realistically that ideology doesn't hold up considering some of the moves MS have already made to remove 3P options from the market, expressed intentions of doing more (and targeting those close to Sony on top of that), and their endgame in this.

I'm telling you, this renewed relation between Square-Enix and Microsoft is NOT like the previous ones; I think it's going to take you and others by surprise and much of this can fall at the feet of Sony's hubris.

Why would they use a picture from a game that isn't on their platform?

The only answer is: it's not on their platform...yet. But it's very likely on the way. Circumstantial evidence would back that up.

Otherwise if not...then like I've said in the past, Microsoft should be investigated for marketing disinformation, astroturfing, and so forth.

They can but they don't seem interested or are just LTTP at this point. There's something to be said about securing your legacy, especially in terms of optics perception among the enthusiasts in your customer base. Sony have been very poor at recognizing this and being proactive on it.

While this ABK BS was going on, they should've been starting and getting deep into a mix of 3P dev/pub acquisitions, share buys, and investments of their own. Maybe give a word or two about not necessarily liking the ABK acquisition but, it really wasn't seemingly worth all the effort & attention placed on it at the end of the day.

Now it feels like they're trying to play catch-up in that regard. Not a good spot to be in, regardless who you are.
I'm not reading all that, so my condolences I guess, maybe? I dunno

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Lol hopefully this "erosion" of playstation was happenning when SE released ff13 and ff15 on Xbox aswell.

Let's not forget octopath traveller exclusive on GP that must have sent Jim Ryan running around SIE head quarters in a frantic.
Honestly I don’t think Jim Ryan have a sht about octopath. He pays for big timed exclusives and he’s willing to give square a few bucks for smaller games but he isn’t going to try very hard to keep those games on ps and off Xbox. I fine with ps not wasting any money in games like octopath and overrated sht like persona and yakuza. Let Xbox payout the ass for marketing deals for stuff that will sell better o ps anyway.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Honestly I don’t think Jim Ryan have a sht about octopath. He pays for big timed exclusives and he’s willing to give square a few bucks for smaller games but he isn’t going to try very hard to keep those games on ps and off Xbox. I fine with ps not wasting any money in games like octopath and overrated sht like persona and yakuza. Let Xbox payout the ass for marketing deals for stuff that will sell better o ps anyway.
Playstation absolutely needs to waste money on overrated Shit like Persona. It's a major IP in Japan for them

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
bro......you sound like Xbox fanboys, "Good exclusives? who cares about those? We get to save money with GamePass so nothing else matters!!"

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
It will be a sad state of affairs if Xbox gets both Octopath Traveller 1 and 2 while PlayStation still only has Octopath 2. It shows that even though Xbox is extremely incompetent, they're at least trying. Sony is incompetent and doesn't seem to be trying at all.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
I did a little research, it seems that it isn't the first time they do that;

I dont think FFVII Intergrade is coming to Xbox, not at least before Rebirth

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Why would they need to confirm this as untrue?

Unless they plan to announce it at a future showcase.
Because they can be liable for spreading misinformation and puts one of their partners, Square Enix, into negative light.

A platform can't just imply that a game is available or will be without it being approved by the publisher.

Case closed.

Shame on everyone jumping to conclusions and concern panicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.