Luke Plunkett spills the beans

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

anyone in this business know this is the truth,we have people from high echelons of xbox like greenberg or spencer,interacting with people like kidsmoove,colt eastwood,andrea pichini,mil grau,also people like jez corden ur justin legarie who are very aggresively proconsole wars ,not to mention the miriad of prominent xbox yotube channels or podcasts who are just profiting on console wars and have shit the discourse,yes playstation and nintendo fanboys exists,but not at the prominent level on social media that xbox have achieved

you dont see any of this from nintendo or sony,they dont interact or shelter these dipshits

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I hope more actual real journalists dare to say how things really are.
The sad truth is, Microsoft has its fingers in all the pies, their war chest is unfathomable.

As for the so-called Journos and shills out there with those half a dozen consoles in the cupboard and I want free gaming merch, tickets and gaming chairs it's hard to find ones that are not soured and still have their integrity.

I suspect that a lot of smaller sites also inflate their reviews and give praise in the hope of being noticed, in order to try to latch on to the Microsoft gravy train.

It is a sad world we live in.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Microsoft has its fingers in all the pies

American Pie Films GIF

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
“toxic” fanbase? And this matters why?

Reactions: Zzero

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
All fanboys are annoying but as someone who owns all systems, I can tell for sure Xbox community (not all but majority) is really unpleasant dudes. Praise this man for his brave speech!

Reactions: Sircaw

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Where is all the info? I clicked on the thread and nothing is here?

I gave you hell yesterday on Discord and you missed it, i am not happy.

Hey, no threats there mister? I got some good old Vegetable oil hot and ready, panko bread crumbs, spiced flour and a couple eggs.

It's also Friday here in the states where I live, and its tradition to do........Fish Friday....

mississippi GIF

• party
Reactions: Sircaw

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022

anyone in this business know this is the truth,we have people from high echelons of xbox like greenberg or spencer,interacting with people like kidsmoove,colt eastwood,andrea pichini,mil grau,also people like jez corden ur justin legarie who are very aggresively proconsole wars ,not to mention the miriad of prominent xbox yotube channels or podcasts who are just profiting on console wars and have shit the discourse,yes playstation and nintendo fanboys exists,but not at the prominent level on social media that xbox have achieved

you dont see any of this from nintendo or sony,they dont interact or shelter these dipshits

I've always been of the opinion that PS fans kind of feel bad for XB fans? whilst secretly hoping that some of MS's more insidious tactics aren't copied by sony or others? I think we'd all prefer MS to compete, and do it respectably. As it stands now, I currently just scratch my head and go "aye yo, we really lost SEGA in place of these arseholes?".

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Where is all the info? I clicked on the thread and nothing is here?

Hey, no threats there mister? I got some good old Vegetable oil hot and ready, panko bread crumbs, spiced flour and a couple eggs.

It's also Friday here in the states where I live, and its tradition to do........Fish Friday....

mississippi GIF
I thought you guys liked fried shrimp, cajun style I think it's called, also watched a video of Americans having roast hog for an afternoon bbq, looked great.

@Dr Bass also loves hogs, but that's a whole different type of animal.

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
What makes a fanbase toxic? This is a ridiculous statement. It’s like calling someone racist because they don’t like the same things you do. Targeting a fanbase has very little to do with game creation. It’s an outrage over nothing. Phil making any kind of statement on it was a waste to begin with but Phil is gonna be an industry whipping boy for a bit.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I've always been of the opinion that PS fans kind of feel bad for XB fans? whilst secretly hoping that some of MS's more insidious tactics aren't copied by sony or others? I think we'd all prefer MS to compete, and do it respectably. As it stands now, I currently just scratch my head and go "aye yo, we really lost SEGA in place of these arseholes?".

This. I for one have said several times that I'd like to see Microsoft actually compete in quality, not acquire publishers to take games from other platforms. A strong Xbox means PS has to stay on their toes, and benefits all gamers.

What I usually see from the Xbox camp is that they want Xbox to dominate even if they don't provide the same standard.of quality. They don't care about gaming, they care about a specific brand to own everything.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
The problem with gaming is never the player; it’s never the fan.

Fanboys are always going to be “toxic” for anything with there’s fandom for. They always have been - for music groups, politicians, for game companies and developers.

If this is where companies and “journalists” want to put their efforts, to show prejudice towards gamers… good luck to them. They can get fucked

I can hate Microsoft with a passion and I do but I would never hate on their consumers for reasons that I have. I’m happy that more people are enjoying gaming.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Xbox fandom, at least the vocal ones are a cult and microsoft actively encourages this cult like behavior with phil spencer as the cult leader. One of the main spokesmen of xbox is literally named "Cult" as in Colt eastwood. In my opinion. Some definitions of a cult include:

system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.

a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing.

If ever there was someone in gaming with misplaced or excessive admiration its certainly Phil Spencer. I wouldnt be surprised at all if they studied scientology to understand cult behavior and used it on these xbots.

Last edited:
OP
OP
riesgoyfortuna

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
What makes a fanbase toxic? This is a ridiculous statement. It’s like calling someone racist because they don’t like the same things you do. Targeting a fanbase has very little to do with game creation. It’s an outrage over nothing. Phil making any kind of statement on it was a waste to begin with but Phil is gonna be an industry whipping boy for a bit.
thats bs
of course there are toxic fanbases,look at the brasilian or spanish xbox fanbase,its fucking tainted because the most wellknow and vocal users are just garbage,look at the american prominent and vocal ones,kidsmoove,colsteawood,jez corden these guys FUEL hate against the competence

there a difference between being a fan of something, liking that thing,even defending sometimes against stupid arguments,and there is being a toxic fanboy,not only you have to like everything sony or xbox does ,but you must hate the contrary,thats fucking horrible and have made the internet discourse garbage

i was a big fan of the amiga back on the day.but when pc started to gain relevance here,most of my amiga friends became virulent fanboys,they remind me a lot of the actual xbox fan base,also i dont know in usa,but in spain most of them are far right idiots who mix politics with gaming
i know im very blunt,because im old and i have my fair share of idiots and i dont want to waste time elaborating arguments,but im a xbox user too,my gamerscore its over 100.000 and i have buyed every single xbox console at launch,i have my series x sitting next to my ps5 and i have buyed a series s for one of the bedrooms i have a xbox x on the other,so hating xbox its not my cup of tea,but man i fucking tired of their fanbase

• fire
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
OP
OP
riesgoyfortuna

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
most ps fans dont care about xbox or anything,they just care about what games will sony show