MAGG - Xbox insiders claim acquired studios disgruntled. Sales bonuses no longer exist!

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Bolstered by insider sources, according to MAGG on the XNC podcast at the 46:00 mark, there's unrest among developers at Xbox-acquired studios. Allegedly, staff are dissatisfied with changes in their compensation structure, particularly the absence of sales bonuses under Xbox's ownership. Xbox does not disclose sales number. This discontent has led to leaks and a sense of dissatisfaction among the staff.

Oh what a tangled web we weave….

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Well that's how the world turns. You get bonuses if you make it above expected sales goals. Well we know how that goes on the Xbox side of things. Those disgruntled employees should probably look into moving to someone else as much as I hate to say it.

Reactions: Shadow2027

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Damn i called this a something that would be a major issue for acquired teams. But as usual, team green fans played if off as a minor thing amd fanboy question when asked.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
How are you going ro have sales bonus with no sales?

All the studios acquired in 2019 seem extremelly unproductive, these devs are probably taking advantage of MS stupidity.

Last edited:

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
How are ypu gping ro have sales bonus woth no sales?

All the studios acquired in 2019 seem extremelly unproductive, these devs are probably taking advantage of MS stupidity.
Reminds me of when two apartments were being built side by side near me.knowing both owners, One group clearly was being paid by the hour with no time limit while the other was being paid upon job completion. Obviously the second group was more focused and driven to finish the job to move to the next one for another paycheck while the first took extra year to complete. With xbox, why both pushing to complete something with no benefit to get to althe next game.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I really don’t see how Phil keeps his job…

He’s the biggest fuck up in Xbox history…. To the point where there is no more history… he killed Xbox thru gamepass.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
So it's okay to post these assholes and give them attention if they say anything negative about Xbox, eh?

• brain
Reactions: voke

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Shit, Spencer's been taken out. I feel sorry for him, but he promised too much.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Why is this deserved? Most developers did not advocate for acquisitions, and the industry is laying people off, meaning they can't even find other jobs easily.

These are people's livelihoods here, let's not be assholes about it.

It's called lack of direction.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Strange bonuses aren't tired to the number of potatoes collected in Starfield or the number of miles driven in Forza

I thought these were the metrics that mattered

• haha
Reactions: Shmunter

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
So it's okay to post these assholes and give them attention if they say anything negative about Xbox, eh?
This got me wondering and i agree. close this cause these morons are saying xbox is making a ps6 and switch 2 killer.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
Well of course Xbox’s metrics for what constitutes success is a mess for bonuses and this is a problem across subscription services in all of entertainment.

That said this isn’t even inside knowledge, you don’t need some insider for this, this is has been a problem for the whole entertainment industry.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Like I posted before...

Sony: takes over 20% of the cost of the acquisition to employee retention with bonus
Microsoft: fires over 20% of the the acquisition and cut bonus from the others

Same scenario... different decisions :D

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This got me wondering and i agree. close this cause these morons are saying xbox is making a ps6 and switch 2 killer.

This plan is so dumb. Lets say Xbox does that in 2026 (huge middle finger to the people that bought a Series) and it somehow works great for them, Sony could just copy it in 2027/2028 and destroy them again with all their momentum.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
So, if we take this at face value(like he said, huge grain of salt here) it reminds me of the lack of transparency when it comes to the streaming numbers whic partially led to the writers/actors guild strikes last year.

All these streamers gave small pittance in terms of residuals and refused to even open their books when it came to the numbers(not even privately to their own creators).
Both guilds were used to much bigger residual checks through normal cable TV and figured that they were being low balled. They were most likely correct, because corpos are going to try to keep the lion's share of the revenue to themselves.

Could be a similar situation here where Xbox is just not being rapid enough(most likely on purpose) in having new systems in place for bonuses based on their new business model.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters