Make your bets: how long until Microsoft destroys ABK?

How long until MS destroys ABK?

• 1-3years

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • 4-7years

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • 8-10 years

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • 10+ years

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Voted 1-3 years because I think it's already a shell company.

The management knew and that's why they sold.

All their franchises have turned to shit and the talent has left.

It's crisis mode behind the scenes just to do the bare minimum with their games.

It's already over.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Diablo was also too big to fail at 3's time and look at what happened.

Diablo is overvalued D3 didn’t too that hot either and only re-charted with an expansion release and never again.

Call of duty isn’t too big to fail. Arena PvP is no longer the biggest thing in the world. The boxed games won’t have the playerbase when they’ve jumped to Warzone. MW3 will chart in the 20s on Xbox with Warzone seated at 2. MW2 and Warzone are lumped into a single sku.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
In acquisitions there's always a period where the acquired studio releases previous projects that were under development and adapt to the new company, giving some years as grace for integration, ignoring some failures.

Being ABK a company of such size and in the case of console being a AAA publisher, I'd say that period will take up to 6 years, what AAA development takes on average.

Meaning, 7-10 years from now we'll start to see the first ABK AAA games greenlighted and started to be developed inside MS. I think the awful 'day one on GP' business plan combined with MS's known sub-par studio management will start showing their results there.

So I think 7-10 years. But I think that before that MS will have exited their current console maker role and in consoles will be only a full multiplatform 3rd party.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
This is the most incredible cope I've ever seen.

SIX THREADS about "MS-ABK bad :mad:"

Grow up.

I find it quite amazing how much space and threads are dedicated to what is actually the fourth wheel in gaming we take install base into account

It's like the ex girlfriend that can't help but continue stalking his former boyfriend to ensure he is not happy without her.

• haha
Reactions: Banana

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Well there’s six threads because this place doubles as a Twitter feed. All this shit can be in one topic for sure. Same goes for Spider-Man stuff. Dlc costumes don’t deserve their own topic etc

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
As soon as playstation stop marketing cod. Everything associated with xbox turns to shit

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Red2Radio

Red2Radio

13 Mar 2023
Germany
It won't take long. They'll announce some stuff that will take 5-10 years to release because of their hands-off approach. They'll of course push for the yearly CoD, but because they suck at handling a single studio, let alone dozens of them, they'll either get delayed or suck like most of their games while all the talent leaves and ABK will become nothing but a name and dead IPs. Then they promise to do better, that next year/next gen will be the best year of Xbox, but of course it won't be, but Phil, Matt and the other losers will still keep their job, while planning to ruin the console market more and more with the next acquisition. It'll only get worse from here on out...

OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I find it quite amazing how much space and threads are dedicated to what is actually the fourth wheel in gaming we take install base into account

It's like the ex girlfriend that can't help but continue stalking his former boyfriend to ensure he is not happy without her.
MS is the most powerful company in the world and no amount of downplaying and “underdog” talk points will change that. The company is relevant, it’s that simple.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
MS is the most powerful company in the world and no amount of downplaying and “underdog” talk points will change that. The company is relevant, it’s that simple.

I get Microsoft being powerful and relevant. But spending more time talking about them than the platform and games you guys like? Odd AF.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

MS literally bought 2 huge publishers and 2 studios that were making games for other platforms In the last few years.

There not an ex GF, they are very much effecting gaming. Either taking away IPs, studios and publishers from others, or using shills to have there next agenda out. Whether its gamepass is the future, or exclusives are bad.

People are worried more IPs and Publishers get taken away.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
With talent jumping ship, joining other studios or creating their own studios......Ill say 3-5 years

F8VFMwEXwAE9EQu