Make your next gaming prediction. Iconera has been on a role with predicting the market & gaming! 🔥

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1715283906006.png
1715283924121.png

1715283966319.png

Can be anything...

Microsoft will go fully third party by 2025

PS6 will not have VR support

PS6 will have built in VR Suport

Switch will be PS4 levels of power

Anything you think will happen in the next few years.

Personally I'm with the fully 3rd party crowd even if Microsoft continues to create hardware.

I also think Switch will be PS4 levels and a little stronger docked.

Attachments

• 1715283953377.png
    1715283953377.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
@Bryank75 comes out as a Furrie

furrie i sit on you GIF by beeeky

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Xbox will go full 3rd Party but still launch a Cloud-Streaming console and still selling Xbox controllers for this device and for PCs.

Nintendo Switch 2 will be not as powerful as PS4 Pro, it will be in the range of PS4 Standard. Thou it will be good enough for Nintendo to be a new evolution. I also predict Switch 2 won't be as successful as Switch. Switch was a phenomenon and profited from various factors, such as like the pandemic , many ready games from the WiiU etc.

The next Playstation CEO is Japanese.
Sony will buy a japanese pub before the PS6 generation begins.
PS6 will use AI technology as core element. They will partner with Samsung for this intention. PS6 will rely heavily on Japanese, Korean and Chinese Game Creators (overall more Asian partners). Sony will overall reduce expensive AAA Hollywood blockbusters.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Xbox will go full 3rd Party but still launch a Cloud-Streaming console and still selling Xbox controllers for this device amd PCs.

Nintendo Switch 2 will be not as powerful as PS4 Pro, it will be in the range of PS4 Standard. Thou it will be good enough for Nintendo to be a new evolution. I also predict Switch 2 won't be as successful as Switch. Switch was a phenomenon and profited from various factors, such as like the pandemic l, many ready games from the WiiU etc.

PS6 will use AI technology as core element. They will partner with Samsung for this intention. PS6 will rely heavily on Japanese, Korean and Chinese Game Creators (overall more Asian partners). Sony will overall reduce expensive AAA Hollywood blockbusters.
I resonate and believe most of this as well and I would love Sony to partner with Samsung!

• Shake
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Xbox:

- Handheld console announcement
- Closure of Ninja Theory, Machine games
- Releases Starfield, Indiana Jones on PS5
- Releases Xbox Series X White
- Game Pass Price Increase
- Silksong is released on Game Pass
- Indiana Jones is released to positive reception, but doesn't sell well
- Fromsoftware Announces their next game
- Starfield is considerably better than when it first released, but still mediocre

PlayStation

- Increases ammount of games on PC, more games coming day one on Steam
- PS5 Pro is Released
- Releases Demon Souls, The Last of Us Part II on PC,
- Ghost of Japan Announcment
- Santa Monica and Naughty Dog announce their new IPs
- Marvel Venom, Marvel Wolverine Released
- New PlayStation CEO is once again western
- Final Fantasy Remake Part III Reveal

Switch

- Switch 2 is called Super Nintendo Switch
- Announces Mario Odissey Spiritual Sucessor
- Announces Metroid Prime 4 Release Date
- Pokemon Legends ZA is released to critical success.
- Announces Mario Kart 9
- Announces Pokemon Generation 10
- Announces Pokemon Red, Green Blue Remake

Last edited:

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Reposting from another thread:

1. No Rest For The Wicked will do very extremely strong numbers, both in reviews and sales - It will be the sleeper hit of 2024
  2. Surprise announcement of Bloodborne Remaster with an early Q4 release + Blodborne 2 Tease
  3. GTA VI PS5 Pro bundle will be annnounced late Q4, months after PS5 Pros launch, announcement will coincide with the 1st GTA VI story trailer
  4. Indiana Jones will launch concurrently on Xbox and PS5, the majority of sales will be on PS5

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Xbox will go full 3rd Party but still launch a Cloud-Streaming console and still selling Xbox controllers for this device and for PCs.

Nintendo Switch 2 will be not as powerful as PS4 Pro, it will be in the range of PS4 Standard. Thou it will be good enough for Nintendo to be a new evolution. I also predict Switch 2 won't be as successful as Switch. Switch was a phenomenon and profited from various factors, such as like the pandemic , many ready games from the WiiU etc.

I feel like this is pretty spot on. However if sony buys paramount i dont see them buying anything else large like a publisher for a long time.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I feel like this is pretty spot on. However if sony buys paramount i dont see them buying anything else large like a publisher for a long time.
Yeah probably if they buy Paramount, I don't expect another big purchase this fiscal year. But in 2-3 years it could look different with new M&A activities. Also plus if they manage to sell their financial services, they will receive several billions. I genuinely hope they won't buy Paramount and Skydance Media will make it's victory.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Before 2030 Chinese publishers will be majorly fucked by governments (either "ours", theirs or both) and end up shuttering western assets because of it.

Between the two of them NetEase and Tencent own a lot so this will be a big deal when it happens.

Saudi Arabia ("Savvy Games Group", though they've stopped using that name,) finally makes their big purchase. They massively overpay for... uhhh... Sega? and... uh... Roblox Corp.

Finalized Embracer company names: Pleverywhere (Coffeestain) and Silver Earth (Plaion/MEE/CDE, etc.)

Private Division branding is dead by the end of the year.

Hellblade 2 a massive flop, fails to chart or move GP numbers. The studio should close but MS are dummies so it won't.

Next to the GaaS mines? Traveller's Tales, they're done with Lego and will be working on, uhh, I dunno Jurassic Park?

Sony doesn't end up buying Paramount.

Switch 1 continues to get first party releases up to 2028, sucking development resources that should go to Switch 2.

Switch 2 underperforms.

The electromagnetic joycon connectors turn into a boondoggle as years wear on. As they age it ceases to work and retro gamers get used to them just not staying attached.

Hall effect sticks by default for Switch 2? Probably the only good prediction I'll make for it.

Prime 4 comes this year, last title of "the golden age of Switch" though shit keeps coming for another 3+ years, as I said.

Switch 2 launch line up (among many): Mario Kart, EPD 4 bullshit gimmick game, TBA Bandai-Namco Studio 2 action game. 3D Mario shown, release date TBA (its the fall title, just like Odyssey was.) 3rd party titles include Visions of Mana and a Sega classic IP relaunch. Dragon Warrior announced as a title but misses launch (this is why the director got fired.)

Nintendo takes over Scandinavian distribution from Bergsala.

Ubisoft bites the bullet, officially cancels BGE3. Singapore gets massive layoffs whenever their agreement with the government runs out.

Rare cancels Everwild.

Banjo Kazooie revealed to be in development by Playtonic.

Embracer isn't actually done yet, closes Aspyr/cancels KOTOR, plus a few others.

Take 2 takes the axe to non-Gearbox proper parts of Gearbox.

EA scales back on the former Codemasters stuff, it becomes just F1 and support for Criterion.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Playstation
1. They will eventually wake up and realise that releasing single player games on pc is pointless as they barely bring shit in and are making these games take even longer to release due to devs having to waste making their engine compatible with pc

2. Showcase at the end of May

3. We finally see New games announced from Bend, Bluepoint, Suckerpunch, Naughty Dog, Team Asobi, Santa Monica and Insomniac

4. Re9 announced at the ps showcase and we see Gta6 gameplay reveal as well

5. Some new first party psvr2 games announced

6. Ps5 Pro reveal event in September 2024.

7. Price 500 for the digital and 600 for the disk drive version

Xbox

1. Hellblade 2 releases on Ps5 fall 2024

2. Starfield comes to Ps5 in 2025

3. They release Xbox Handheld in 2026

4. Indiana Jones comes to Ps5 end of 2025

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Playstation-

1. Square Announces a new IP for ps6 developed by CBU 3, It will be Yoshi P's magnum opus and put Square back on top
2. A new From Soft game for PS6 launch window
3. Bend's game will underperform and most likely the studio will shut down
4. Bluepoint finally makes it to the big leagues, They will make a spiritual successor to SoTC that will take the world by storm
5. Sony will make a surprise acquisition of Konami and Kojima gets to make his Silent Hill
6. Sony will seek to reduce their presence in the west and increase investments in Korean, Chinese partnerships. The malaysia studio increases massively in size and a similar studio is set up in Korea.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
PS5pro will be a flop
Switch 2 will be a flop
GTA 6 will be a flop
Microsoft will continue to release flops
New Microsoft sponsored console 2026.

By flop I mean it will sell much lower than expected, but the shills and gaming media will piss down your back and tell you it is raining.

Microsoft will close four big studios before April 1st 2025.
Disney will enter the console market.

• haha

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
PS5pro will be a flop
Switch 2 will be a flop
GTA 6 will be a flop
Microsoft will continue to release flops
New Microsoft sponsored console 2026.

By flop I mean it will sell much lower than expected, but the shills and gaming media will piss down your back and tell you it is raining.

Microsoft will close four big studios before April 1st 2025.
Disney will enter the console market.
GTA VI a flop, what are you saying. 😭

Disney entering the console space with which studios? Lmao ☠️

• haha
Reactions: Umar

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
1 - Steam deck 2 release by 2026. Valve will improve its distribution selling it in stores.
2 - God of War Ragnarok PC port by end of 2024
3 - Code Veronica Remake by 2025/2026. Will include content for "modern audiences"
4 - Nintendo switch 2 will have great sales but won't replicate Switch levels of sucess (80M - 100M)
5 - Xbox will sell 40 to 45M series consoles
6 - PS5 will sell between 90M - 100M consoles
7 - Intel will overtake AMD on the discrete GPU market
8 - New consoles will release in 2028 with crossgen until 2031
9 - Phil Spencer will leave MS in 2025
10 - Gamepass will be cancelled or heavily modified (no more day one first party) no later than 2026.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Elden Ring
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1 - Steam deck 2 release by 2026. Valve will improve its distribution selling it in stores.
2 - God of War Ragnarok PC port by end of 2024
3 - Code Veronica Remake by 2025/2026. Will include content for "modern audiences"
4 - Nintendo switch 2 will have great sales but won't replicate Switch levels of sucess (80M - 100M)
5 - Xbox will sell 40 to 45M series consoles
6 - PS5 will sell between 90M - 100M consoles
7 - Intel will overtake AMD on the discrete GPU market
8 - New consoles will release in 2028 with crossgen until 2031
9 - Phil Spencer will leave MS in 2025
10 - Gamepass will be cancelled or heavily modified (no more day one first party) no later than 2026.
👀