Many Xbox games are already in the process of being ported to PS5 (rumor / unverified)

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
They bought Nokia for 7.2 billions. Less than Bethesda.

They also didn't sell millions of phones at a $200+ loss and paid billions in development fees for apps like they are doing with games.

In the end they lost 7.6 billions, that's nothing compared with the Xbox division. I bet they lose more than that per year with all their games flopping one after the other 😅

They could have made $500 billion+ on phones if they were successful. Their failure there defines what the company is today. Xbox is and always has been just a side-show to them. Exhibit A? Big news days regarding their status in the Activision case had zero effect on their stock.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
They could have made $500 billion+ on phones if they were successful. Their failure there defines what the company is today. Xbox is and always has been just a side-show to them. Exhibit A? Big news days regarding their status in the Activision case had zero effect on their stock.
The CMA block caused their stock to increase! No one wanted that deal except Phil and his green shills.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
The more people can play games the better gaming is as a whole. Good for PS only players.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Good for PS only players.

What about Nintendo only players?

And what about it is good anyway, outside of the tears of the Xbox diehards? It's not like Xbox has any desirable games. They wouldn't be in this situation if they had.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Time to pop the champagne bottles? Do we celebrate or wait for Phil Spencer to officially announce it?

What former Xbox exclusives do you want on PlayStation and Switch?

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Excellent news. A few years ago I would have thought this was a bad idea for gaming in general.

But with all the info we got from the Activision acquisition, I'm more than happy to see them go.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Gamepass growth dried up, Xbox Series bombed out, their audience doesn't buy games, they now apear to be porting their games to PS5, but still, we should save the party to when it's official.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
That article doesn’t have any new information. It’s repeating the same current information.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Zzero

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Wait for the announcement. Hold those champagne bottles.

Also, this is MS. They wouldn't go third party unless it means they get to become a content gatekeeper in some form.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

Time to pop the champagne bottles? Do we celebrate or wait for Phil Spencer to officially announce it?

What former Xbox exclusives do you want on PlayStation and Switch?

Banjo only makes sense on Switch/Switch 2. Thats where the fans are, thats where the hype is. Honestly, if this multiplat strategy is true it is probably the only reason Banjo got greenlit, there's really no way to justify the expense otherwise, especially when they own Crash now.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I wonder if they'll eventually port Starfield for the PS5.

They could make use of the decent RAM amount and much faster I/O Complex to get rid of all those loading screens and make the game much more tolerable.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke