Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - Gameplay Reveal

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Thank god for Epic cuz without Unreal engine 5 I would think graphic technology had stagnated and the best we would get is a more hi rez version of PS4 pro games, which is what this looks like. It's like every other studio was asleep at the wheel with developing a next generation engine, while Epic actually took things seriously with Lumen and Nanite. I'm still gonna by this game because spiderman movement is still top tier but i'm so dissapointed in the graphics of this generation.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
It was what I expected but I'm surprised people are so down on it. It'll be a great game, hopefully no MJ stuff this time.

The wingsuit stuff looks interesting and I hope the increased speed can be transferred back into the swinging seamlessly. The first game is so boring to revisit for web swinging alone.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
game design is yup.. thats more spidey. scripted missions, QTEs and all

graphically it looks good enough. story? meh

overall its the standard cookie cutter 8/10 insomniac game as the last 2

they do work fast at least
Yeah, there’s only so much you can do with the IP. We’ll see if it’s got any more steam.

Reactions: kyliethicc

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'm confused with these reactions... what did you all expect? The reactions are the same people had with GoW Ragnarok and HFW...
Y'all like to eat crow, huh?
Expecting much better games now is too much? Simp more please...

Sony games used to impress out of the gate and Ragnarok despite ultimatelly being worse than the 2018 game was a lot more impressive than this out of the gate.

Thank god for Epic cuz without Unreal engine 5 I would think graphic technology had stagnated and the best we would get is a more hi rez version of PS4 pro games, which is what this looks like. It's like every other studio was asleep at the wheel with developing a next generation engine, while Epic actually took things seriously with Lumen and Nanite. I'm still gonna by this game because spiderman movement is still top tier but i'm so dissapointed in the graphics of this generation.
Where is UE5 at tho? They don't release any games. At this rate UE5 games will release along side the PS6.

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
I'm confused with these reactions... what did you all expect? The reactions are the same people had with GoW Ragnarok and HFW...
in terms of design at least both of those games made significant improvements to enemy variety

didn’t notice that here with spidey 2

and HFW has a very noticeable increase in fidelity in all aspects over HZD. while this game and GoWR both look better than their previous games, but less so. and since this is being marketed as a true current gen game, the bar is higher than HFW or even Burning Shores

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
in terms of design at least both of those games made significant improvements to enemy variety

and HFW has a very noticeable increase in fidelity in all aspects over HZD. while this game and GoWR both look better than their previous games, but less so. and since this is being marketed as a true current gen game, the bar is higher than HFW or even Burning Shores
Both Ragnarok and HFW had the excuse of being crossgen and despite being good game are far from being Sony's best efforts.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

Nah, nobody noticed it at the reveal of both games, I remember it vividly. Same criticism and Aloy hd memes all over her calling her fat and worse.
Expecting much better games now is too much? Simp more please...

Sony games used to impress out of the gate and Ragnarok despite ultimatelly being worse than the 2018 game was a lot more impressive than this out of the gate.

Where is UE5 at tho? They don't release any games. At this rate UE5 games will release along side the PS6.
Who said the game isn’t better? Have you played it yet?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Nah, nobody noticed it at the reveal of both games, I remember it vividly. Same criticism and Aloy hd memes all over her calling her fat and worse.

Who said the game isn’t better? Have you played it yet?
Have you? How do you know it's better? What was shown that excited you? Looks like another similar game to the other previous two and the formula was already getting old with Miles Morales.

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
Nah, nobody noticed it at the reveal of both games, I remember it vividly. Same criticism
I can simply say that for me, the technical leap from HZD to HFW was very noticeable right away. Like how the leap in fidelity between Ratchet 2016 and Ratchet Rift Apart was immediately apparent.

and Aloy hd memes all over her calling her fat and worse.
well that’s an entirely separate thing, and was inherently caused by said large leap in fidelity since all the character models were brand new for HFW

and btw if you look at Aloy from that HFW state of play in May 2021, and compare her to the Aloy model in the final shipped game, it’s obvious that Guerrilla listened to the feedback and changed her character model to a degree. (and obviously a lot the noise back then was just bad faith shitposting trolls but thats besides the point)

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Like I oringinally said, no Way the reveal graphics were staying. The streets, floor and surrounding didnt impress.

Ratchet is still King this gen

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Seems like everyone just want to be down on everything. I thought it look crazy good and best game in the showcase.

Already 4 millions views on PS channel and another 4 millions on Marvel channel. At least the normies are excited. Good for Insomniac.

It looks like it will be a good game no doubt and sell like hot cakses. Hopefully they take it to another level.
But I was disappointed by the visual downgrade since the reveal.
Phantom Blade impressed me the most

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
This is touted as a current gen only game, and does not look better than HFW/Burning Shores to me, either from a character model POV or environment detail. We expect Sony first party to show us what the future of next gen exclusives should look like, especially Insomniac, and this is underwhelming from an enthusiast pov, of course the general public will eat it up because of the IP.

Reactions: Kokoloko

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
This shit looks like such an amazing time!!!!!!! That was the most action packed 10m I've ever seen

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I can simply say that for me, the technical leap from HZD to HFW was very noticeable right away. Like how the leap in fidelity between Ratchet 2016 and Ratchet Rift Apart was immediately apparent.

Yeah for sure. I didnt see that much from the Spiderman MM or Spiderman Remaster. Ratchet and Horizon 2 leap was more impressive

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This is touted as a current gen only game, and does not look better than HFW/Burning Shores to me, either from a character model POV or environment detail. We expect Sony first party to show us what the future of next gen exclusives should look like, especially Insomniac, and this is underwhelming from an enthusiast pov, of course the general public will eat it up because of the IP.

The reveal trailer looked impressive and was a leap forward. I was expecting that

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The gameplay they showed is an obvious leap forward.
Is it? How so? How is it a bigger leap than Miles Morales? Seems like the same game with better graphics (that youtube compresses and makes look underwhelming).

they’re quite fun to play tho

i’ve been loving burning shores
I like them, but they are good games, not great games that can be the only first-party release for the year. They are also coming at a pace that devalues them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko