Marvel's Wolverine Aims to Achieve Senua II level of graphics

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The Terms and Conditions haven't been broken so why make it seem like I'm breaking the terms of the site?

This is so funny right now. The terms:
Icon-Era membership is not a right, and can be granted, revoked or refused based solely on the judgment of the staff. Each member can only have one account, and If the staff detects that a user is utilizing multiple usernames, all of the user’s accounts will be subject to immediate and permanent banning.

Thank you for the laugh, mods.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
This is so funny right now. The terms:

Thank you for the laugh, mods.
i am going to come clean, I have an alt called @KiryuRealty

Mods you can ban it if you like,

Chef Cooking GIF by Brix 01

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
One side of Insomniac's mouth: We have to get costs under control!
The other: This bullshit.

I hope they have some sort of AI program to do this because otherwise they're fucking themselves for no good reason.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Shenmua is used as an example of Photogrammetry, which is the visual target. Shenmua is not the visual target, it's an example of Photogrammetry.

SeB48e2.png

@John Elden Ring can you update the original post with the actual slide here?
I'm shocked Insomniac wasn't using photogrammetry before Wolverine, they must have some excellent character artists. That's probably why their games are so expensive to make. lol

Photogrammetry is half the reason why Horizon Forbidden West looks so great.

Reactions: Sircaw

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm shocked Insomniac wasn't using photogrammetry before Wolverine, they must have some excellent character artists. That's probably why their games are so expensive to make. lol

Photogrammetry is half the reason why Horizon Forbidden West looks so great.
That's a fair point. It cost almost double what HFW did.

Reactions: nongkris

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
It's really disturbing that my words have to be dissected as much as they do here simply because it's me. I'm just like anyone else here on these forums. There is waaayy too much attention being drawn whenever I comment. It's really weird. I shouldn't be forced to speak with 100% accuracy, no hyperbole, and must agree with the general consensus while others can do all of them without being condemned for doing it.

The Terms and Conditions haven't been broken so why make it seem like I'm breaking the terms of the site?
So this idiot got finaly banned?. Good

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
What MS studios have upstaged them? Hellblade 2 isn't even out yet, we have no idea how stable the game will run or if it'll even have performance options on console beyond 30 FPS.

There's more to graphics than just technical prowess. Hellblade 2 has a very different artstyle than Insomniac's games so they aren't even directly comparable. Same with a game like Hellblade 2 to HFW, which I'd argue still looks more visually impressive in some key areas especially considering its scale vs. what Hellblade 2 has shown so far. It's like people want to pretend HFW or Burning Shores never released for some odd reason.

Look I've also said Hellblade 2 looks quite good multiple times, and the latest gameplay finally showed something other than walking and scripted spear-chucking. But I wouldn't say it's leaps and bounds beyond Rift Apart or Spiderman 2 visually; better in some areas yes, but on par in others and until we see the fidelity/framerate options, potentially worst than those games in yet others. And artstyle isn't objectively comparable across any of these games.

That said, should Wolverine maybe be aiming for a visual grit similar to a Hellblade 2? Yeah, I think so. But that's more about visual atmosphere and direction if anything...even then Wolverine would need to maybe have more saturation to its color palette. It's based on a comic book property after all.
I have no idea why people bother debating nongkris. Guy is a closet Xbot. Lol

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
One side of Insomniac's mouth: We have to get costs under control!
The other: This bullshit.

I hope they have some sort of AI program to do this because otherwise they're fucking themselves for no good reason.
They’ll make that money back. Lol

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Right. So I respectfully disagree with this statement as it smells of Sony bias. HB2 -- which isn't even out yet -- looks worse than a PS4 game? Wow.
this dude literally caps for a ps4 game (cyberpunk) lol. and cyberpunk looks amazing when maxed out on pc, possibly the best looking game out there in terms of lighting. calling HFW a ps4 game is super disingenuous, like the pcmr/xbox dudes haven't engaged the 'b-b-but SCALING' arguments all along when people say the Series S will hold back the gen

*edit* oh shit he got himself banned again lmao

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
this dude literally caps for a ps4 game (cyberpunk) lol. and cyberpunk looks amazing when maxed out on pc, possibly the best looking game out there in terms of lighting. calling HFW a ps4 game is super disingenuous, like the pcmr/xbox dudes haven't engaged the 'b-b-but SCALING' arguments all along when people say the Series S will hold back the gen

*edit* oh shit he got himself banned again lmao
but HFW is PS4 game, the same as Cyberpunk. what is not PS4 is Burning Shores.
plus, it is disingenuous to compare 5000$ rig and 400$ rig graphical capabilities.

Burning Shore looks ahead of everything else this year in graphics, not even a debate.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
plus, it is disingenuous to compare 5000$ rig and 400$ rig graphical capabilities.

Burning Shore looks ahead of everything else this year in graphics, not even a debate.
i said in terms of lighting, hfw beats cyberpunk in terms of environmental detail imo

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
JADGghN.png

JADGUIp.png

JADG8pR.png

JADGrQI.png
JADGvkv.png

Visuals look outstanding for an Alpha.
To think Blade releasing in 2029 or later will look worse than this. :ROFLMAO:

There is nothing more lame than people sucking up to Cyberpunk because of their use o RTX and using that to dunk on consoles.

A 400$ PS5 and it's best games can hold their own against any hardware, no matter the price.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
It’s already looking great, imagine what it will look like when it releases. Insomniac improves graphics upon release. You already have dumb Xbox fanboys saying this and getting community notes. Lol