Mat Piscatella: Marvel's Spider-Man Remains The Best-Selling Superhero Game Of All-Time In The US.

Numero

29 Jul 2023
Well what other successful super hero game we had after Spider-man? :unsure:

I just remember some failures.
Square managed to sell poorly with Ip like Avengers e Guardians of the Galaxy, meanwhile Warner mastermids thought to be a splendid idea to use their Batman universe licence spending enormous time, money and human talent on Gotham Knights... they are the true gaming's literal Suicide Squad fow how they killed themselves lol. Basically superheroes fans lost a whole generation of games.

Reactions: Shmunter

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Square managed to sell poorly with Ip like Avengers e Guardians of the Galaxy, meanwhile Warner mastermids thought to be a splendid idea to use their Batman universe licence spending enormous time, money and human talent on Gotham Knights... they are the true gaming's literal Suicide Squad fow how they killed themselves lol. Basically superheroes fans lost a whole generation of games.
Arkham Origins showed WB would destroy the Batman games, so Gotham Knights wasn’t a shock.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023

F5mWIXSXAAAf_5o
F5mWHgoW8AUTGRL

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It is sad to say that but what next superhero game that you can expect quality after Spider 2?

Wolverine? That is sad because there are tons of superheroes and you won’t see games.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It is sad to say that but what next superhero game that you can expect quality after Spider 2?

Wolverine? That is sad because there are tons of superheroes and you won’t see games.

I want an X-Men Game so bad and I need Playstation to secure the exclusive rights.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I want an X-Men Game so bad and I need Playstation to secure the exclusive rights.
I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Marvel/Sony game partnership expand with the pre-order numbers for Spidey 2 being as strong as they are.

Personally, I’d love a good Punisher game, a Fantastic Four game and a Spider-Ham game for the wee ones.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Marvel/Sony game partnership expand with the pre-order numbers for Spidey 2 being as strong as they are.

Personally, I’d love a good Punisher game, a Fantastic Four game and a Spider-Ham game for the wee ones.
I would love to see their Partnership expand. I selfishly want them to lockdown the X-Men franchise because they're the only ones I can trust to give us quality.

Though SE did well with The Guardians.

And funny you mention The Punisher since Neil Druckmann stated few years ago, he'd love to tackle that IP.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

F5mWIXSXAAAf_5o
F5mWHgoW8AUTGRL
Niche-Man 2 looking great, as expected.

It would be fun to make an X-Men game codeveloped by ND, SSM, Insomniac, Bluepoint and Guerrilla, a superhero team game made by team of superhero dev studios.

I think Wolverine will be released around a year after Spider-Man 2 and will achieve better sales and reviews.

And funny you mention The Punisher since Neil Druckmann stated few years ago, he'd love to tackle that IP.
Let's hope he doesn't get the IP, I don't want to see a Netfilx-like version of Punisher where Frank Castle gets killed/turned into/replaced by a black fat trans lesbian. I prefer to don't get a Punisher adaptation over to see how they destroy another iconic IP due to the woke hate against white, heterosexual men.

If they want to do their Goodbye Volcano High woke IPs stuff for them, good for them. But I want them to stop messing around with iconic IPs and characters and be respectful for them.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I think there are good chances but after Wolverine… so it will take a long time.