Matt Booty on Xbox Multiplatform Strategy: “ Xbox players can absolutely continue to expect many games to launch as exclusives”

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
A career moment one could say...
Dr Evil GIF
"Career moment"
Austin Powers Laser GIF

• haha
Reactions: Dick Jones

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Yeap...

And that is a dumb take... launch exclusivity means that you are trying to get all the revenue at launch window.
But with Gamepass it doesn't even matter at all.
Probably you will get more launching day one in others platforms.
Definitely. They can't afford to leave a big period before launching on other platforms due to their small userbase and GamePass sucking up so much revenue (while being stagnant in terms of subscribers).

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Anyone remember when Phil said exclusives are slimy? Well look at this everyone! 😃 This takes the cake even if they are "launch" exclusives.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Best to think of Bethesda games as a case by case basis. I believe Sony already made a deal for the new Doom game pre Microsoft purchase just like the other Doom games that released this gen. I also believe internally Zenimax is pressuring Microsoft to put all Zenimax releases on PlayStation, but not all of those will be day 1.
There was no deal for Doom, this is all Microsoft realising how weak of a position Xbox is in.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Best to think of Bethesda games as a case by case basis. I believe Sony already made a deal for the new Doom game pre Microsoft purchase just like the other Doom games that released this gen. I also believe internally Zenimax is pressuring Microsoft to put all Zenimax releases on PlayStation, but not all of those will be day 1.
Green rat? Where are our rat catchers?

Who believes this nonsense that Sony was making deals to secure Doom or that Zenimax can pressure Xbox? Xbox sold like shit, heir games don't sell and Gamepass doesnt grow, they are the one deciding to release on PS5 to try and make some money at least.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
I am surprised they did not bring Forza Horizon 5 (or 4) over yet. That would do well especially here in EU, since Xbox is non existent here and racing is more popular than in other continents. It's also 3 years old at this point, I would say the same for Psychonauts 2 which didn't get a native PS5 version. And ofc. Halo Infinite, It's mp is f2p so it makes sense.. but they are too scared prob to rip the bandaid off.

I would love to get at Forza Horizon on my PS5 Pro with DualSense.

Englishy

6 Jun 2024
I am surprised they did not bring Forza Horizon 5 (or 4) over yet. That would do well especially here in EU, since Xbox is non existent here and racing is more popular than in other continents. It's also 3 years old at this point, I would say the same for Psychonauts 2 which didn't get a native PS5 version. And ofc. Halo Infinite, It's mp is f2p so it makes sense.. but they are too scared prob to rip the bandaid off.

I would love to get at Forza Horizon on my PS5 Pro with DualSense.
Have you played a lot of FH5? It's fun at first but turns into a lesson in bad game design pretty quick.

Ori is still unavailable on PlayStation. That's a game that could translate really well onto the upcoming Pro and of course the DualSense.