Media Molecule is reportedly laying off 15-20% of staff (around 20 of its 135 employees.)

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I wonder why Sony even funded Dreams. They wasting amazing talent on a game development engine that obviously no one would use. Hope these guys are making something singular again
Blame Yoshida and Layden for that.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
That's pretty mild compared to how hard Dreams flopped. They were crazy making Dreams extremely hard to edit and feels much harder than Unreal Engine and others and expecting you to work for free. If it hit PC it would've saved them.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I am not sure what, but it seems Sony is preparing for something big. A big acquisition maybe?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I am not sure what, but it seems Sony is preparing for something big. A big acquisition maybe?

There has been layoffs everywhere, the world is heading into another GFC like in 2008.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
That's pretty mild compared to how hard Dreams flopped. They were crazy making Dreams extremely hard to edit and feels much harder than Unreal Engine and others and expecting you to work for free. If it hit PC it would've saved them.

They should of just made Littlebigplanet 3D, it would have been so easy to market.

• Shake
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
maybe the governments should look into making the housing cartels illegal then.

Why would they screw over their biggest donors Blackrock and Vanguard? Politicians all have vested interests in the property market.

They don't care about the Average joe

• sad
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Why would they screw over their biggest donors Blackrock and Vanguard? Politicians all have vested interests in the property market.

They don't care about the Average joe
meh

Last edited:

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Media Molecule is the Titanic
Jim Ryan is the captain

Your logic: Wtf does the captain have to do with the Titanic crashing into an iceberg?

See above. And they released Dreams, which all you little sycophants are cleverly ignoring to defend your god and saviour. Yes, it's not a game, but it's a very clever game engine that also allows for music to be created. You're no better than Xbox apologists that suck Phil Spencer's dick at every opportunity.
No one’s ignoring dreams! Dreams went over budget too too long and was a commercial failure. I follow a lot of dream content creators and played a lot of the games in it. I bought it day 1 like every ps exclusive. But it was a failure. It should have been one of the first games ported to pc and it should have launched as a pack in with the ps5 day 1. It was a big gamble for MM and it didn’t pay off!
A decade over 200 employees and zero financial success is an L for MM. ps is a business not a fcking charity and everyone needs to pull their weight. Is not cool that other studios are busting their asses supporting studios like MM. MM has to do more with less and earn their place at the table.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
No one’s ignoring dreams! Dreams went over budget too too long and was a commercial failure. I follow a lot of dream content creators and played a lot of the games in it. I bought it day 1 like every ps exclusive. But it was a failure. It should have been one of the first games ported to pc and it should have launched as a pack in with the ps5 day 1. It was a big gamble for MM and it didn’t pay off!
A decade over 200 employees and zero financial success is an L for MM. ps is a business not a fcking charity and everyone needs to pull their weight. Is not cool that other studios are busting their asses supporting studios like MM. MM has to do more with less and earn their place at the table.
Media Molecule never went over 200 employees and I'm pretty sure the money earned from LBP and especially LBP2 allowed them financial cushion. I dunno where you are getting it from their studio was in the red and money made from other studios was bailing them out.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
None of Mm's games had PC ports, Bryan.
Media Molecule never went over 200 employees and I'm pretty sure the money earned from LBP and especially LBP2 allowed them financial cushion. I dunno where you are getting it from their studio was in the red and money made from other studios was bailing them out.
It’s been 12yrs the few million copies it sold isn’t enough to ride out over a decade with out a hit game. When you peers are sucker punch, insomniac, guerilla, ND u need to do a lot better than that. When ps is looking at their studios performance at MM no that Japan studio, pixel opus are gone is at the very bottom they need to do better. Nixxis just doing pc port work is more cost effective than mm at this point. MM needs to drop it hit game at the end of the gen or I doubt they will still be around when the ps6 drops.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

You shouldn't say that about your colleagues. And fellating the shitty leadership PS has won't get you a promotion.