Metal Gear Solid remake from Konami rumored for PS5 |UP| Confirmed MGS 3 remake mentioned in official Konami video. Patch for MG collection incoming.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1704207982189.png

A new report by Areajugones (translated via machine translation) states that Konami is remaking the original Metal Gear Solid. It’s in early production, with Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater being the current priority. Once that game is out, the Metal Gear Solid remake will be focused on.

The rumored remake is said to be in development for PS5 and isn’t being released for the PS4. It’s unclear whether it’ll be a full-blown PS5 exclusive only, as Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater is mentioned to be coming to PC and Xbox systems and won’t be a PlayStation exclusive.

There is no word regarding the studio working on the remake nor when it’s expected to launch. As Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater lacks a release date, it could be a while before Konami announces the Metal Gear Solid remake.

Update... 3/20

Looks like they might be doing something about the low resolution. They mention upscaling in regards tl the collection but...

They talk about the MGS3 remake near end of the video and there is a press start screen.

View attachment 4545

Also talk about There is also a question about Master Collection Vol 2 around 16:05 but there is no translation.

Also...

Metal Gear Solid 3 art by Yoji Shinkawa

(Image credit: Konami)

Konami has hosted what it calls a "production hotline" event, featuring some of the key creatives behind the Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection and the upcoming MGS3 remake Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater. Hey: call these things Hotline Konami. You can have that one for free.

The key figure here is producer Noriaki Okamura, who's in charge of the company's attempts to revitalise the series, and a true Konami veteran who also worked with the old Kojima Productions throughout its lifespan. Okamura has a seriously impressive history: among other things he was key to Policenauts and had senior roles on tons of Metal Gear games. He even got a "special thanks" from Kojima in Metal Gear Solid's credits.

Okamura spoke about what Konami's hoping to do with Delta, and the following is a machine translation of some of his remarks (should Konami release an official English transcript, I'll update). The full event can be viewed (in Japanese) on Youtube.
The host asks how many of the original MGS3 team are working on Delta. "Not all of them, but many of them are still involved," says Okamura. "Some people are walking a new path. The number of people who don't know about MGS is increasing, so I want to do something about this situation, and I think it's our mission for those of us who remain at Konami to preserve Metal Gear for future generations."

Meanwhile, no less than David Hayter (the voice of Solid Snake and Big Boss in MGS1 through 4) has been bragging about playing the game itself. "Please don’t tell anyone… but I played the opening of MGS Delta up to the bridge scene the other day," said Hayter on X. "It was spectacular."

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Original MGS remake rumor was always real. It just moved platforms… I’ve heard things from those I gained trust in over many years and not going to try and prove to anyone tho. I believe and I’ll leave it at that.

Will I be disappointed if it’s still fake? Nope. MGS is over and I’ve moved on tbh.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I know this is a rumor but it started around the same time the MGS3 one surfaced, coming from the same person.

I think there's a lot of merit to this. Much like the MGS3 rumors, there's too much smoke. The rumor also stated that it will be fully playable in VR but with how VR2 performed, not sure they went with that.

I've been following MG for decades now and we've had rumors ever since MGSV came out and Kojima got fired/left. Never believed any of it until MGS1 and 3 rumors remakes started making the rounds. As I said, too much smoke from several sources to not indicate a fire. I believe this is real.

Now the real issue. MGS1 will be VERY hard to recapture. To this day it has an EXCELLENT atmosphere that no other MG managed to capture.
Plus, it was already remade and the remake left a lot to be desired. For those interested, here's a comparison of the original MGS to the Twin Snakes remake:

An excellent video that even shows comparisons in voice acting and music, as well as certain scenes that the remake failed to recapture.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
This has been a rumour since at least the PS4 launch.

I am not holding my breath.

I know this is a rumor but it started around the same time the MGS3 one surfaced, coming from the same person.

I think there's a lot of merit to this. Much like the MGS3 rumors, there's too much smoke. The rumor also stated that it will be fully playable in VR but with how VR2 performed, not sure they went with that.

I've been following MG for decades now and we've had rumors ever since MGSV came out and Kojima got fired/left. Never believed any of it until MGS1 and 3 rumors remakes started making the rounds. As I said, too much smoke from several sources to not indicate a fire. I believe this is real.

Now the real issue. MGS1 will be VERY hard to recapture. To this day it has an EXCELLENT atmosphere that no other MG managed to capture.
Plus, it was already remade and the remake left a lot to be desired. For those interested, here's a comparison of the original MGS to the Twin Snakes remake:

An excellent video that even shows comparisons in voice acting and music, as well as certain scenes that the remake failed to recapture.

I'm.sure this is real.

Well, Areajugones said that before that there will be GOW Ragnarok DLC.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
If Sony was willing to invest on the Kotor remake and a SH2 remake made by Bloober I hope they at least had the sense to ensure a MGS1 remake is happening.

I would easily take a Bluepoint MGS1 remake over an unecessary Bloodborne remake.

Reactions: kuzon

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Hopefully true, my favorite MG game, still love it no less today than the first time I played it.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Konami just released MGS collection and is working on MGS3 remake, so aren't working on a MGS1 remake.

As I remember Konami very recently said that if people wants more MGS remakes they'll make them. Meaning, that if MGS3 remake sells enough they'll remake MGS1 after it.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It has been rumored that Bluepoint was remaking MGS until Konami announced Delta by Virtuous.

let's wait and see...

I don’t see how Sony could’ve partnered for Silent Hill and helped ink a deal getting some trash studio like Bloober and not done the same for MGS while it’s far more important to their legacy and … better recognized.

Once again tho… I’ve heard this is real. In development far longer than MGS3 remake. Which leads me to believe they’ve partnered with Konami to do similar w/ MGS and Castlevania relaunches as Silent Hill.

I’m not for buying companies for IP but Konami has fallen so far down the shitter that’s I think all those IP are better somewhere else moving forward. I’d hugely prefer Sony buying Konami over a Square if a Japanese pub is purchased.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don’t see how Sony could’ve partnered for Silent Hill and helped ink a deal getting some trash studio like Bloober and not done the same for MGS while it’s far more important to their legacy and … better recognized.

Once again tho… I’ve heard this is real. In development far longer than MGS3 remake. Which leads me to believe they’ve partnered with Konami to do similar w/ MGS and Castlevania relaunches as Silent Hill.

I’m not for buying companies for IP but Konami has fallen so far down the shitter that’s I think all those IP are better somewhere else moving forward. I’d hugely prefer Sony buying Konami over a Square if a Japanese pub is purchased.
Konami has gone downhill and a shame thy have such a rich gaming history. You saw a Konami logo on Nintendo you knew you were getting quality.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
MGS3 remake are already on the way

MGS5 still too recent

So MGS 1-2 or MGS4

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Konami partned with Bloober because they work with minimal budgets. You just need to see which developers they hired for the other Silent Hill: Games, they have all only released mediocre games.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Konami partned with Bloober because they work with minimal budgets. You just need to see which developers they hired for the other Silent Hill: Games, they have all only released mediocre games.
Hasn’t practically every post-The Room SH game aside from Book of Memories been by an Eastern European dev team? All low-budget crap that missed every bit of what made Silent Hill scary, insightful and memorable.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: John Elden Ring