Metro RF: The PS5 price hike is the final mistake for Sony and the PlayStation

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peter42O

I think that narrative fell when they started selling a portable only version and no fixed version.

What's telling here is that they tell us why, they would have preferred to keep selling the 3ds as well as the switch for as long as possible.

Perhaps but I mean, who didn't see that coming? Why wouldn't Nintendo do that?

In my mind, the Switch is a hybrid home/portable console. You can play it either way. For Nintendo, it was a brilliant decision. I played all five games on my TV so for me, it was always a home console. Granted, a two generations behind home console but a home console nevertheless.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Perhaps but I mean, who didn't see that coming? Why wouldn't Nintendo do that?

In my mind, the Switch is a hybrid home/portable console. You can play it either way. For Nintendo, it was a brilliant decision. I played all five games on my TV so for me, it was always a home console. Granted, a two generations behind home console but a home console nevertheless.
It was definitely brilliant, I still can't believe how well it does!

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
The Switch is mostly a home console. A hybrid, but overall a home-console.
Nintendo says it. The media says it. The fans say it.

It's just the fanboys who are mad because the Switch will be the best selling home-console of all time. Which means it will hurt some feelings.

This comes across silly to me; I am no fanboy.. I am not mad.

Just discussing the reality that Nintendo replaced their home console and mobile console lineup with a single hybrid device.

When you turn 2 product lines into one, the unit sales will be pretty damn good. This has all worked well for Nintendo financially so who cares? The whole "unit sales" race is entirely pointless particularly for Nintendo. Their profits are high that's all they care about, they aren't trying that hard to attract big 3rd party games, so having more units than Sony isn't going to change their destiny much if at all.

Are their butthurt fanboys who care about "the race" trying to dismiss Nintendo? Yeah sure.. that doesn't change facts, like that they combined product lines to get there.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
D

Deleted member 13

Where is the TV only version? Even the Vita had a TV only version.

- They have a portable only version
- The features they improve are related to portability (OLED screen is useless when connected to the TV)
- The true full size controller is optional

I'd say that the docked mode is an afterthought.
Agree here. It was never meant to be a home console just like the Steam Deck isn't either.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
Status
Not open for further replies.