Microsoft cautions developers to avoid curvy female characters

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
You are free to like it and I'm free to dislike it. I don't want to play games where people consulted with the likes of Sweet Baby Inc. I don't want to play propaganda or games corporate suits came up with.
Propaganda has always been there. And @Satoru has a point, these investment groups trying to "force behaviors" on people, recommended consultancy firms and their ilk are censorship, and no better than the censors of the days of old that oppressed minorities and science.

Nowadays, science itself is influenced through funding and censorship is sugar-coated as promoting diversity, equity and inclusion.

Because this back-and-forth has always existed, and is how those in power stay in power.

Goronmon

18 Mar 2024
This type of stuff is what leads to homogenization of entertainment and so many bad products.

In the context of the this thread, "bad products" means games where women don't have massive breasts and men show emotions?

Yes. I have plenty of great games to play. I doubt From Software did any consulting with Sweet Baby Inc and if they ever do I'm out.

Honestly, I find this attitude hilarious.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Everyone knows that when your bosses make "suggestions", those "suggestions" are really just demands.

It's beyond obvious that it's being followed when we have crap like this coming from them 😂😂 Put 2 and 2 together bruh

FybACT9aQAEgpjz.jpg
Would smash!

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yes. I have plenty of great games to play. I doubt From Software did any consulting with Sweet Baby Inc and if they ever do I'm out.
So your problem is just with SBI, got it. Any other type of propaganda is ok (y)

Propaganda has always been there. And @Satoru has a point, these investment groups trying to "force behaviors" on people, recommended consultancy firms and their ilk are censorship, and no better than the censors of the days of old that opressed minorities and science.
These censors are still there today - people seem to forget that stuff like the flat earth movement exists, or that are more and more people that think a woman's place is in the kitchen - these movements are growing again. The banning of books, the rewriting of history, all of this is happening, sponsored by corporate america and evangelical groups (both with their own versions of insanity).

In the context of the this thread, "bad products" means games where women don't have massive breasts and men show emotions?
Bingo.

Same!

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

As I said, you are free to welcome the likes of Sweet Baby Inc as if it's a great thing, I find them ridiculous.

Why does a professional writer needs any lesson from these morons about character emotion and why does a professional artists need to take advice from them as far as character design goes?

Who in the hell is Sweet Baby Inc in the first place?

So your problem is just with SBI, got it. Any other type of propaganda is ok (y)

These censors are still there today - people seem to forget that stuff like the flat earth movement exists, or that are more and more people that think a woman's place is in the kitchen - these movements are growing again. The banning of books, the rewriting of history, all of this is happening, sponsored by corporate america and evangelical groups (both with their own versions of insanity).

Bingo.

Same!

Why do you want my validation? Cheer SBI all you want, I don't want to play games by incompetent writers that need this type of people telling him what and how to write.

Do you have any good example of a something SBI did that made a game better?

This corporate BS is the easiest way to make games boring as fuck.

You talk about propaganda if as an expert and yet you seem concerned that some morons allegedly think the earth is flat. Who gives a shit? They can think whatever they want.

Now we have Xbox executive high up in their corporate structure posting blatantly racists stuff in social media. I don't want to empower that type of behavior. I'll vote with my wallet and my time (not that I would buy Xbox game in the first place, just using this as an example).

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Why does a professional writer needs any lesson from these morons about character emotion and why does a professional artists need to take advice from them as far as character design goes?
The same reason a financial analyst consults with other firms, or a writer consults with an alpha reader.

Who in the hell is Sweet Baby Inc in the first place?
A consulting company

Why do you want my validation? Cheer SBI all you want, I don't want to play games by incompetent writers that needs this type of people telling him what and how to write.
Who said I did? Also, where am I cheering them when I have just criticised them? You're just out of arguments because you cannot admit to yourself that your problem is not really propaganda, it's something very different. SBI is just the perfect scapegoat.

This corporate BS is the easiest way to make games boring as fuck.
I agree, GoW Ragnarok was shit, I didn't even enjoy it. Same for HFW, the moment I saw that kiss in the DLC I instantly hated the game.

Grow up.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Who said I did? Also, where am I cheering them when I have just criticised them? You're just out of arguments because you cannot admit to yourself that your problem is not really propaganda, it's something very different. SBI is just the perfect scapegoat.
Honestly, what is my problem then? As far as I know I just don't like this type of bullshit but you seem to know better, so please tell me.

You seem to be making a lot of wrong assumptions about me. You wouldn't happen to be my white savior would you? :ROFLMAO:

I'm pretty much against most things in this forum, but for some reason Sweet Baby Inc is the institution that can't be criticized or questioned... pathetic.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Honestly, what is my problem then? As far as I know I just don't like this type of bullshit but you seem to know better, so please tell me.

You seem to be making a lot of wrong assumptions about me.
Same as you about me, see how that works?

But you have clearly shown that you're not against propaganda, you're against what you see as a certain type of propaganda.

If it's dudebro chick with big tits propaganda you're not against it, and don't lie to all of us please. You're so ideologically fuelled (kinda like SBI) that you deny yourself of games simply because they consulted with them, without knowing what they may have recommended.

I can only imagine if I ever treated music like you treat this, there's quite a few artists I enjoy that would be completely out of bounds.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

But you have clearly shown that you're not against propaganda, you're against what you see as a certain type of propaganda.

If it's dudebro chick with big tits propaganda you're not against it, and don't lie to all of us please. You're so ideologically fuelled (kinda like SBI) that you deny yourself of games simply because they consulted with them, without knowing what they may have recommended.

I can only imagine if I ever treated music like you treat this, there's quite a few artists I enjoy that would be completely out of bounds.
What dudebro games do I play? Half-Life? TLoU Part 2? Elden Ring? FFVII? BG3? I'm pretty consistent if anything in this forum with my hatred of most publishers, mobile games, CoD, Halo, Destiny, etc. I never tried to pretend I like everything.

Why can't you say things upfront? What am I ideologically fueled by that you are claiming? If you are accusing me of something be a man and say it.

I'm actually generally turned off by vulgar character design or any type of fanservice like the one in Stellar Blade, and showed no interest in that game so far (just like I never had any intrest in Bayonetta). But just because I don't like something it doesn't mean I support institutional censorship of the people making those games.

As I've also already said, support SBI all you want, I won't and you don't have the power to force me nor will you ever have.

You seem to be accusing me of something you are doing yourself, thinking that anyone that disagrees with you has some sort of hidden agenda, as if simply disliking SBI and what they are doing isn't a valid position.

Do you think I would want Hidetaka Miyazaki, Quentin Tarantino or Dave Chappelle consulting with SBI so they can find out what is acceptable and what isn't? Never in a million years and I hope they too would find that notion offensive as I suspect any decent and self respecting artist would.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luffy123

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Gaslighting people nice.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
Meh we will start getting same copy pasted dumb garbage like this with consultancy groups in games

This is the companion in exodus the new soon to be released sci-fi rpg that is supposed to be better than mass effect

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
😂 what a piece of shit - She's as racist as many people in this thread, it's actually surprising how similar they are.
I don't think it's a good idea, nor justified, to call people racist in this thread.

People have serious concerns about SBI; we can all see what some of their posts (Twitter X) and threads look like.
People love to throw phrases around like Bigot, racist and transphobe as a great way to shut down people they disagree with.

The use of the word racist in this thread feels highly similar to what people have done to JKR; she stood up to bullshit, and then a certain demographic tried to ostracise her, labelling her as a Terf.

You have said it yourself: SBI are trash and a bunch of racists; it feels slightly strange to me. On the one hand, you vehemently disagree with them, then on the other, you attack the people that don't like them too.

I am finding this take slightly confusing, to be honest.

Am I a racist too, for not wanting their bullshit grift in games too?

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023

TheQuatering is a clown but this tweet of his is nothing clownish but rather it's on point. That woman is cringe and she had a past tweet saying people who only watch people play video games but don't have interest in playing games themselves should still be labeled as "gamers." Lol. Xbox marketing team is filled with sensitive people and they think they're pushing for diversity and inclusiveness in the community by saying stuff like this but in reality they're only exposing how the industry continues to not be diverse at all. Whether it's community manager like her or game journos, it's usually white folks trying to speak on behalf of people of colors about what is or isn't offensive.