Microsoft is considering increasing the price of Game Pass Ultimate again.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Trash Chibi GIF by 100% Soft

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Zexyen

26 Mar 2024
Microsoft has also had internal debates about whether to put new releases of Call of Duty into Game Pass. I understand this is a debate that has been ongoing internally for quite some time, with concerns from some that the revenue that Call of Duty typically generates for Activision Blizzard will be undermined by Game Pass.

I’m told that Microsoft has also considered increasing the price of Game Pass Ultimate again. These are only considerations, so a final decision could mean we still see a future Call of Duty release appear in most versions of Game Pass. The debate internally reflects the fact Microsoft’s Xbox strategy has shifted from just delivering its games exclusively into Game Pass to considering bringing more Xbox games to multiple platforms.
Literally who the fuck at MS Things this is a good Move??? There's no fucking conceivable way this pans out the way they think it will

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
If they add CoD to game pass, the monthly subscription cost is gonna as high than some people's cell phone bill.

Damn, will they increase the $1 trial to $2? If so, I'm out

I'm seriously curious about how much their MAU numbers will dip if they ever end those easily abused trial deals.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
So Game Pass is now firmly in its enshittification phase. Good thing I cancelled yesterday.

Also LMAO @ them also considering Hellblade 2 for PS5 in the same breath

Reactions: VillaiN

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Microsoft has a massive problem on their hands.

Let's assume only 20% of current GamePass users play CoD annually.

Take 20% of 34 million and you get 6.8 million users who were going to buy CoD anyways, but now will get it for free and since they were ALREADY your customers, there is no additional revenue brought in.

6.8 million * 70.... that's 476 million dollars in annual revenue... lost... again.... annually... with no improvement in subscription numbers at all.

Will that be offset by new players jumping into GamePass? I guess we could see, but that's a tremendous loss.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
If Netflix & Disney+ are nearing $15in some nearing $25per month & movies/shows cost much much less then video games. Gamepass probably has to be near $40-$50 per month to justify day 1 AAA gamepass & even then you will need to scope games down to lower budget & morph singleplayer games to be more like Ubisoft games where singleplayer games are fill with mtx & pay to win component.

What a disaster but we’ve seen the leak email of multiple Xbox exec being worried about the scale & day 1 AAA games while also training its consumer to not buy games on Xbox.

Xbox releasing all of there games day 1 simultaneously across Xbox, PC, PS & Nintendo is very soon coming

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Didn't MS give the regulators a guarantee that the latest CoD game wouldn't be on Gamepass?

• thinking_hard
Reactions: xollowsob

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
If Netflix & Disney+ are nearing $15in some nearing $25per month & movies/shows cost much much less then video games. Gamepass probably has to be near $40-$50 per month to justify day 1 AAA gamepass & even then you will need to scope games down to lower budget & morph singleplayer games to be more like Ubisoft games where singleplayer games are fill with mtx & pay to win component.

What a disaster but we’ve seen the leak email of multiple Xbox exec being worried about the scale & day 1 AAA games while also training its consumer to not buy games on Xbox.

Xbox releasing all of there games day 1 simultaneously across Xbox, PC, PS & Nintendo is very soon coming
Even with CoD, that price level is gonna be a non-starter for most outside of CoD die hards. Imagine putting your monthly bills side to side and your GamePass bill is higher than your electricity or even your phone bill. Oof, Xbox is fucked

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
I mean, that's what subscriptions exist for.. to perpetually milk a customer and give an ever increasing return. Usually for less and less input.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
It's pretty easy to come down with a price of a subscription service in gaming.

You take the total revenue of an industry divide it by the approx. market share of a company and then divide it by the total addressable market then divide it by 12 to get a monthly price.

The problem for Microsoft, is that number is significantly higher than 10-20 dollars, hence why it is seen as value destructive.

Even Netflix is wreaking havoc on the entertainment industry reducing overall revenue that largely came from box office and ad revenue and why you continue to see Netflix pricing continue to increase.

You don't have people paying 150+ for cable every month to paying 20 dollars for netflix and having nothing lost. Netflix was an outsider to the industry, so they didn't give a flip, but its impacts are being felt for sure.

Big tech is taking over the industry and entertainment companies can't really afford to keep up. It's one of the reasons why I fully support Sony buying Paramount. It's only through size and scope can at least one of these companies fend off big tech's takeover. Hopefully it would be them and Disney.

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Best deal in gaming right guys? Lmao
In my opinion PS+ is better than GamePass.

Games wise, the additions of games every month, how they let you claim 3 games every month on top of constantly adding games.

If you're into sports games, I think gamepass is better though.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
In my opinion PS+ is better than GamePass.

Games wise, the additions of games every month, how they let you claim 3 games every month on top of constantly adding games.

If you're into sports games, I think gamepass is better though.

I was being sarcastic, do you remember when MS bots kept parroting this line all over the internet "gamepass is the best deal in gaming"

Reactions: TigerFang

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Here's the thing.

They are planning to do something big, they're going to do something positive at the end of this and people are going to forget everything.

They are either going to add COD to gamepass or something like that.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Jim Ryan

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Honestly I don't give a fuck. I cancelled that shit when Microsoft stopped putting good games on there. The ones worth playing I can play on PC with mods and, seems as most of the gamepass games are old as fuck, you can buy them on Steam for cheaper.

My last Xbox console was the 1X. I won't buy another Xbox console.