Microsoft leaked their own documents, not the FTC or Court

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Wait Starfield flopped? All the 9 and 10's reviews I saw said otherwise. (This is an honest question not a jab.)
It didn't flop. It's an over exaggeration. But all the 10s you saw were from MS shills sites, most with Xbox in their name. MS refused to give review codes to certain sites so their reviews came after release. When the actual reviews released, the game went down to 83 on metacritic.

It's not really a failure but it's far from what MS expected. It didn't move the needle.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
He wouldn't need to do that. He could just fire Phil and scrap the entire acquisition. You don't leak potentially illegal moves to do that.
Xbox is an annual 15 billion dollar division. This isnt firing the cashier at walmart for taking money out of the til. It has chronically underperformed and Satya could personally be angry because Phil lies 247/ and was himself dragged to court with the US government. The ABK deal has effected the entire company not just the xbox division and their biggest game starfield crapped the bed while the divsion misses goal by like 75 percent year over year. You dont have to think it was intentional but i do because i think the motives are there for it to happen.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
7.jpg

Screenshot-2023-09-19-231128.jpg

karma-karma-is-a-bitch.gif

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
And certain people want the entire gaming industry consolidated under these clowns...

I mean, I saw people under a 'MSFT wants to buy Nintendo' article on Facebook literally saying "this would be amazing" and "Wow, I hope it happens"... hundreds of these fucking morons.
I know right, some of these people are seriously braindead

"BROOO IMAGINE MARIO AND ZELDA ON GAMEPASS, THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!!!"
ragecomic.jpg

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
No more Surface Duo's, and Panos Panay even leaving MS. I was hoping he would eventually replace Phill as Surface and XB/Devices teams worked more closely together.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
No more Surface Duo's, and Panos Panay even leaving MS. I was hoping he would eventually replace Phill as Surface and XB/Devices teams worked more closely together.
Why? He's been at Msft for almost 20 years, so he would bring that same awful work culture with him. Xbox can't be saved by someone from within, it has to be an outsider that actually understands the industry. That or they'll have to sell off the division to someone else.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Interesting.

Wonder if anyone saved those docs and might be dumping soon... 🤔

Sept 22nd? Aw damn.

Why? He's been at Msft for almost 20 years, so he would bring that same awful work culture with him. Xbox can't be saved by someone from within, it has to be an outsider that actually understands the industry. That or they'll have to sell off the division to someone else.

I reckon we'd get some sort of XBoy or better designed XB consoles, given wider input. Cringey perhaps, but I believe Panos believed in this Surface products, which is more than I can say of Phill.

I don't think they'll sell XB. They meander through brand evolution/cleaning, like XB Live/Gold retiring. They'll trojan horse GP app on devices and their "play anywhere" mantra, to go full service lock-in for big game IP, as MS Gaming/XB/GP converge into one. Later, if Windows get the "gaming interface for e.g. Deck", an XB console has even less reason to exist, sandwiched between GP/Azure game streaming service and gaming-OS/mode pre-configured, MS Surface/XB branded devices such as a mini PC/AppleTV like device, if not also gaming focused Surface devices/an XBoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAHGamer

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Firing the core leadership and selling xbox division to a 3rd party is the only chance they'll ever get me to reconsider their platform. And that 3rd party platform better not be EA or led by one of its former execs.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Firing the core leadership and selling xbox division to a 3rd party is the only chance they'll ever get me to reconsider their platform. And that 3rd party platform better not be EA or led by one of its former execs.
Amazon would be interested.

Also I think Phil probably get ousted soon. Too much shit to be keep within.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
And certain people want the entire gaming industry consolidated under these clowns...

I mean, I saw people under a 'MSFT wants to buy Nintendo' article on Facebook literally saying "this would be amazing" and "Wow, I hope it happens"... hundreds of these fucking morons.
The spice is good. Anyway it's spun, it's moronic, sugar coating it does no one favors.

Some are indeed sheeple, some are, well you know, astroturfers.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75