Microsoft Q3/FY24 Report Highlights

24 Jun 2022

800K global for 3 whole months. 😬🤣

They will genuinely struggle to hit even 4 million for the entire calendar year at this rate, let alone 5 million. Could be worst launch-aligned for a YoY drop than OG Xbox's 3rd CY > 4th CY (~ 35%).

BTW OG Xbox sold 4.1 million in its 4th CY (2005), but at least the 360 launch partly explained that (plus MS intentionally reducing production of OG Xbox to prioritize 360). Xbox Series, tracking at this pace, would barely hit 3.2 million for the entire year.

I'd wager it does between 3.6 million - 3.8 million for the entire year, but that's still a pathetic number and still below OG Xbox when launch-aligned, let alone XBO, let alone 360.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
No getting these guys down!

"Beating the forecast so significantly is a pretty good sign though. Though it is interesting that they got the ratio of ABK/Non-ABK pretty correct."-Lord of Cereal -Resetera

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
hard again down 31% year over year after 30% drop last year. Without ABK’s influx of pre-existing revenue, xbox revenue also would have been negative. Speed up the third party bus, i shall wait for avowed till PS5, if its even good at all

Reactions: Neversummer

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

800K global for 3 whole months. 😬🤣

They will genuinely struggle to hit even 4 million for the entire calendar year at this rate, let alone 5 million. Could be worst launch-aligned for a YoY drop than OG Xbox's 3rd CY > 4th CY (~ 35%).

BTW OG Xbox sold 4.1 million in its 4th CY (2005), but at least the 360 launch partly explained that (plus MS intentionally reducing production of OG Xbox to prioritize 360). Xbox Series, tracking at this pace, would barely hit 3.2 million for the entire year.

I'd wager it does between 3.6 million - 3.8 million for the entire year, but that's still a pathetic number and still below OG Xbox when launch-aligned, let alone XBO, let alone 360.

Xbox just needs to
Go Away Whatever GIF by TNC Africa

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Microsoft makes a shit ton of revenue in every aspect excluding the lone one I care about - consoles. UGH and SMH.

Just thought of something...

Will the next generation Xbox console(s) that are rumored to launch in Fall 2026 be over/under the 13m units that Nintendo sold with Wii U?

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
This makes me doubt that the reports of Microsoft working already on next Gen Xbox Hardware are the truth. What would be the sense for releasing another console generation when they likely won't achieve better results? Xbox console business has reached its decisive end.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
This makes me doubt that the reports of Microsoft working already on next Gen Xbox Hardware are the truth. What would be the sense for releasing another console generation when they likely won't achieve better results? Xbox console business has reached its decisive end.
it is just huge xbots cope.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Eternal_Wings