Microsoft Q3/FY24 Report Highlights

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Jim Ryan's problem was that he was enforcing his western ideology and his political agenda into the whole PlayStation division. He was actively pro censorship. He also was known as an enemy of East Asian games. Before you say but he brought FF and more Japanese exclusives: NO. This was the effort alone of his competent coworkers Shuhei Yoshida, Christian Svensson ans Shawne Benson. He shut down a legendary and beloved developer with Japan Studio. Even if the Studio was mismanaged there was no justification to close them. They could have just fired the people responsible for the mismanaging instead of closing down. I still can't understand how you all ignore this and approve of his decisions. Plus he increased prices for PlayStation consoles worldwide. He also offended Japanese by changing the Button Layout for controllers, which did more damage than being helpful. Pointless self sabotage. He ruined so many good habits PlayStation had, that I don't understand how people can defend this walking disaster.
Btw, the numbers for your beloved japan studios came out and Sony is lucky if they made $5 with these flops. Nobody bought them, they're only good in list wars.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Btw, the numbers for your beloved japan studios came out and Sony is lucky if they made $5 with these flops. Nobody bought them, they're only good in list wars.

Yeah you're one of them who didn't support Japan Studio. You're just all talk with no meaningful action behind it. Petty try to provoke me with your so called data.
Anyway I prefer being a huge Japanese games fan than being a blind Jimbo apologiser like you are. Also there is not one useful post of you inside the forum aside your usual Doom & Gloom posting.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

there is little to non japanese studios, so it is a mute argument. yet, with few they have/had, it GT7 at 10th, GT Sport at 12, Bloodborne at 15(could have been better if sony didn't ignore it completely, no sequel too), Death Stranding 17.

there for sure talent in Japan and east. just look at their games and successes. absent of support is argument against this list.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022

Btw theres nothing with sony making obscure game which caters to smaller audience

Not every game has to made gargantuan sales number to be loved

Those japan studio games like ico, shadow of collosus and the last guardian are my favourite and rate them much higher than best seller game like those cod, fifa games

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Btw theres nothing with sony making obscure game which caters to smaller audience

Not every game has to made gargantuan sales number to be loved
Sony has initiatives like PlayStation Indies and country specific stuff like China Hero Project or India Hero Project. Or in case of Spain, they have (even if not really made by SIE) PlayStation Talents.

Regarding Sony published games, they made smaller and weird stuff like some Japan Studio games, Pixel Opus games, Dreams, or VR games, or PlayLink games. You can check their digital sales & related revenue there.

Reactions: Airbus