Microsoft Q3/FY24 Report Highlights

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
You guys imaginary beef with Jim Ryan (that was purely the bots spewing misinformation) is fascinating. The man is a figurehead and nothing else. You're a real idiot if you think one sole person makes these big decisions. PS moves as a unit, Jim was the suit.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
You guys imaginary beef with Jim Ryan (that was purely the bots spewing misinformation) is fascinating. The man is a figurehead and nothing else. You're a real idiot if you think one sole person makes these big decisions. PS moves as a unit, Jim was the suit.
Jim Ryan was the sole decision maker. He was the person approving matters. What do you think is a CEO good for, being a mascot?
Your claim is also not correct. With the appointment of Jim Ryan as CEO and the move to California, regional based decisions were scrapped. PS Europe and PS Japan, didn't have a sole leadership anymore. Everything was centralized in California. Therfore every decision made was directed by Jimbo.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Jim Ryan was the sole decision maker. He was the person approving matters. What do you think is a CEO good for, being a mascot?
Your claim is also not correct. With the appointment of Jim Ryan as CEO and the move to California, regional based decisions were scrapped. PS Europe and PS Japan, didn't have a sole leadership anymore. Everything was centralized in California. Therfore every decision made was directed by Jimbo.
OK cool, what decisions has he made that has directly interfered with getting more content on ps5? because this is the only thing I care for. Don't give af whether sony is a japanese company or USA

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
They all cope. I still can't understand how the folks don't see that Jim Ryan was a massive cause of why PlayStation moved in many wrong directions. If Jim Ryan would have been still in charge...PlayStation would have end up as Xbox 2.0
Jim Ryan was walking disaster. Shawn would have never damaged PlayStation as Jimbo did. Even if Layden came up with the PC idea. Jimbo was cancer.
Shawn laden in a PS centric podcast said “now that PS has established itself it no longer needs exclusive games or at the very least is less important” not entirely his quote but in the same line if Shawn laden was still PS CEO he would’ve been day n date or at the least like 3 to 6 month. He later contradicts himself by saying exclusive matter but who knows idk why they keep trying fix something that isn’t broken just look at Nintendo for the past 30 years.

Jim Ryan said it would be around a year w Herman saying the same after another interview saying the ports will come in 2-3 years overall it seems like all are inline w a PC push & it might just be coming from the Japanese exec.

We won’t know truly till the next PS CEO makes a stance on continuing PC port or reversing it back & putting full focus on PS, PS first party output & bringing smaller games from smaller franchise to cater to japan & have faster first party output like Nintendo. Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, Ape Escape all need to comeback & double down on Ratchet & Clank all of these franchises should be mainline games from PS releasing every 3-4 years so we see a minimum of 1-2 platformer per year in rotation just like Nintendo

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
OK cool, what decisions has he made that has directly interfered with getting more content on ps5? because this is the only thing I care for. Don't give af whether sony is a japanese company or USA
Jim Ryan's problem was that he was enforcing his western ideology and his political agenda into the whole PlayStation division. He was actively pro censorship. He also was known as an enemy of East Asian games. Before you say but he brought FF and more Japanese exclusives: NO. This was the effort alone of his competent coworkers Shuhei Yoshida, Christian Svensson ans Shawne Benson. He shut down a legendary and beloved developer with Japan Studio. Even if the Studio was mismanaged there was no justification to close them. They could have just fired the people responsible for the mismanaging instead of closing down. I still can't understand how you all ignore this and approve of his decisions. Plus he increased prices for PlayStation consoles worldwide. He also offended Japanese by changing the Button Layout for controllers, which did more damage than being helpful. Pointless self sabotage. He ruined so many good habits PlayStation had, that I don't understand how people can defend this walking disaster.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Jim Ryan's problem was that he was enforcing his western ideology and his political agenda into the whole PlayStation division. He was actively pro censorship. He also was known as an enemy of East Asian games. Before you say but he brought FF and more Japanese exclusives: NO. This was the effort alone of his competent coworkers Shuhei Yoshida, Christian Svensson ans Shawne Benson. He shut down a legendary and beloved developer with Japan Studio. Even if the Studio was mismanaged there was no justification to close them. They could have just fired the people responsible for the mismanaging instead of closing down. I still can't understand how you all ignore this and approve of his decisions. Plus he increased prices for PlayStation consoles worldwide. He also offended Japanese by changing the Button Layout for controllers, which did more damage than being helpful. Pointless self sabotage. He ruined so many good habits PlayStation had, that I don't understand how people can defend this walking disaster.
he just a mascot. he got tens of Millions, just because he was Jimbo - the mascot. iconic PS figure, he has no duties or decision making, just to be there as mascot.
yeah, right, sure.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Wow so reading through this news, Xbox is down (-4%), ABK is down 17%, and combining the two and comparing them to just Xbox this time last year is the only way to spin this into an increase. What in the actual fuck. They're worse together than they were apart.

Everything that Xbox touches turns to shit. The Mierdas Touch.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Japan Studio had been irrelevant for a long time whether you like it or not, they were justified because hm well, their games didn't sell. People like you shouting their praises are by the dozen.

I'd pay $1000 for a playstation so don't care about prices going up.

I don't give a damn about the Japenese's feelings... about BUTTONS. This point is laughably bad.

What good habits did PS have? Bc none of your points are compelling enough to warrant this doom and gloom ass narrative for them. A walking disaster is quite the hyperbole. Once Sony starts declining in hardware sales gen after gen, I'll hear you out. But as of now, they are nowhere near having it as bad as Xbox.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Jim Ryan was walking disaster. Shawn would have never damaged PlayStation as Jimbo did. Even if Layden came up with the PC idea. Jimbo was cancer

Layden would damage PS. He is the Phil Spencer in PS camp. Wearing gaming t-shirts and oftenly communicate with fans. REAL EXECS doesn't do such a thing. Jim Ryan as a pure businessman and did very well. And as it should as exec. Didn't talked with gamers. As it should with gamers.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I like you but this all sounds like small, petty stuff you invented to get mad and blame Jim Ryan. I get that you hate the guy but 🤣

I hope the Japanese will do better but nothing makes me believe they will change anything.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I like you but this all sounds like small, petty stuff you invented to get mad and blame Jim Ryan. I get that you hate the guy but 🤣

I hope the Japanese will do better but nothing makes me believe they will change anything.
He’s speaking like one of those people who like to say Sony is “arrogant” with no proof to show said arrogance. I’ve been with Sony since PS1, almost nothing has changed about them.

They have a strong exclusive library, strong relationships with EVERY third party be it through exclusives or marketing, scout out upcoming studios to try and keep the industry growing with fresh talent, organic growth to PS studios buy having a slew of in house developers ready to push the current hardware cycle better than any third party.

I’ve seen this in Sony since the PS1, their strategy boils down to getting as much content as humanly possible. But no, apparently they are doomed because PC players get to play games that are 700 days old, and because the Puppeteer developers were closed down 😂

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Why are you not counting Halo 5, Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3 and 4, Sunset Overdrive, Forzas Motorsport 5 and 6, Forza Horizon 2 and 3, Rise of Tomb Raider etc for Xbox One?

That only counting 2013 to 2016.

The four games I listed which includes Dead Rising 3 were the Xbox One games I completed and is for me personally, NOT a general list of all the games released. For me personally, BOTH Sony and Microsoft have given me more and better games this generation than they did last generation in the same three year time period. :)

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
He’s speaking like one of those people who like to say Sony is “arrogant” with no proof to show said arrogance. I’ve been with Sony since PS1, almost nothing has changed about them.

They have a strong exclusive library, strong relationships with EVERY third party be it through exclusives or marketing, scout out upcoming studios to try and keep the industry growing with fresh talent, organic growth to PS studios buy having a slew of in house developers ready to push the current hardware cycle better than any third party.

I’ve seen this in Sony since the PS1, their strategy boils down to getting as much content as humanly possible. But no, apparently they are doomed because PC players get to play games that are 700 days old, and because the Puppeteer developers were closed down 😂
The only thing missing was "we believe in generations". What pointless grievances 🙄

That poster has the Japanese Saviour Complex 🤭

Reactions: Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

There's a misconception that the CEO is a lone wolf making all the calls. While Jim Ryan has the final say, PlayStation decisions are far more collaborative. There's a leadership team with expertise in various areas who present recommendations and strategies.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
We will see that, who is right in a few years.

We all know sony pushing it's exclusives to pc is gonna hurt it the long run.

And totoki has already come out and said he wants to be more aggressive with multiplat.

That right there is already a huge negative start.

Whilst Jim on the other hand no doubt also had a hand in playstation exclusives going to pc. But at the very least gave a nod to the pc releases having a 2 year gap. He didn't say this explicitly but he said it indirectly by saying that's what the fans want and seemed like a agreement.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters