Microsoft targeting next Xbox for 2028, court docs show

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Zen 6 + Navi 5 sounds cool now, let's see in 2028. And well, let's also see if doesn't decide to quit from making their own console hardware before 2028.

Because making all these expensive AAA games and putting them on GP and some of them not publishing on PS will cause them important loses for the gaming division, which at some point may end with the patience of the MS higher ups.

Ahh, the power of the cloud again. That worked out well before, didn't it?
It was a PR bullshit fantasy that never worked out and never will work out because internet will never be as fast and reliable as local compute.

Considering what is said in that slide, later they can always say that they meant the current approach: to have cloud gaming with games running 100% in the server as a separate thing of local gaming running 100% in the player's console or PC.

But that maybe if you buy the game you also get a license to use it (if you pay the GPU sub) via cloud gaming.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Not sure which thread to even post this in, maybe we can get all xbox leaks combined into one megathread? Anyways, Yeah i think this a controlled leak by microsoft. They know this generation is over and are prepping their audiance to "wait for 2028" now. Phil said it himself, they are playing the long game so losing 2 generations back to back doesnt matter.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Not sure which thread to even post this in, maybe we can get all xbox leaks combined into one megathread? Anyways, Yeah i think this a controlled leak by microsoft. They know this generation is over and are prepping their audiance to "wait for 2028" now. Phil said it himself, they are playing the long game so losing 2 generations back to back doesnt matter.

4 generations back to back.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Of course it's controlled, they always do this bs so they can get the spotlight back on them.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I will not be buying another Xbox since I bought Xbox one s long time ago and regretted it.