Microsoft wins US court case to buy Activision Blizzard in loss for FTC.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Face Egg GIF by The nutrition guru
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Some of us remember 10 year deals being signed with Nvidia, Nintendo, and Hemorrhoid I mean Boosteroid from Romania I mean Ukraine. What happened to those? Deemed wholly inadequate or irrelevant by the CMA.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Uhh CMA doesn’t give a fuck what Sony and MS does since their issues are with the cloud.

They even rejected MS throwing around 10 year deals as that does not satisfy their concerns.

So don’t celebrate yet you green rat.
Yes, I think the acquisition won't be made until they know they have the approval of the CMA.

And for that to happen I assume MS would have some binding agreement of to continue bringing CoD to PS and also to bring it to Sony's cloud gaming. Witth very strict conditions to make sure MS doesn't do tricks like turning CoD into a match 3 games and release a "new" Xbox exclusive shooter named Duty Calls or something like that.

Also, the deal shouldn't be limited to 10 years, but to include some clause saying something like that it would be renewed as long as MS/ABK continues in gaming and as there as PS consoles continue active and have over 60M MAU or something like that.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Some of us remember 10 year deals being signed with Nvidia, Nintendo, and Hemorrhoid I mean Boosteroid from Romania I mean Ukraine. What happened to those? Deemed wholly inadequate or irrelevant by the CMA.
They were basically a PR stunt to get the ok from CMA but it didn't work because they know almost nobody is going to play CoD there and that the only relevant rival cloud gaming platform is/will be Sony's one, because a lot of people play CoD on Sony's console.

The CMA didn't see any issue with consoles, only with cloud gaming. And they only will get the CMA ok if they continue putting basically forever CoD on Sony's cloud gaming platform.

And since the games in PS cloud gaming are games published on the PS store, then MS will have to sign with Sony that CoD will continue basically forever and with no tricks- in PS consoles and cloud gaming, with conditions good enough to get the ok from Sony, which I assume would be the only case where the CMA would give them the approval.

Last edited: