Microsoft wins US court case to buy Activision Blizzard in loss for FTC.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The fake news from yesterday was that the CMA was renegotiating due to the FTC trial outcome. What actually happened was MS, knowing that time is running out and with a $3b bill looming (otherwise there is no need for this level of urgency everywhere), attempted to get CMA to accept a small, shitty divestiture. The CMA reminded them that it was too late for that and that the deal was still blocked, so MS is now trying to restructure and hoping ABK will stick around past Jul 18th.

Meanwhile, legal experts are tearing Corley's misquoting of very clear legislature a new one, making it easy for the FTC to appeal.
Honestly judge corley sounds kind of like judge cannon in the trump case. Twisted the laws in all kinds of bullshit ways to try to justify a predetermined outcome. Hope the FTC isn't incompetent (hah) and appeals court slaps it down

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Rambo Lionsgate GIF by Rambo: Last Blood

Time to go guerrilla and I'm not talking about our studio.

Sylvester Stallone Rambo GIF by IFC

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Rambo Lionsgate GIF by Rambo: Last Blood

Time to go guerrilla and I'm not talking about our studio.

Sylvester Stallone Rambo GIF by IFC
Slowly lowers pitchfork.

Bored GIF

Edit: Go piss in Valve's wheeties and stop them suckling at the teet and making in roads with Deck/Steam.

PS4Portable from one direction, and go get a headstart on a PC storefront and do sales and mtx percentage recoup by moving your PC efforts over to GOG, after buying CDPR. Someone said Sony need RPG's or something lol.

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
The fake news from yesterday was that the CMA was renegotiating due to the FTC trial outcome. What actually happened was MS, knowing that time is running out and with a $3b bill looming (otherwise there is no need for this level of urgency everywhere), attempted to get CMA to accept a small, shitty divestiture. The CMA reminded them that it was too late for that and that the deal was still blocked, so MS is now trying to restructure and hoping ABK will stick around past Jul 18th.

Meanwhile, legal experts are tearing Corley's misquoting of very clear legislature a new one, making it easy for the FTC to appeal.
Where is this coming from? And you'll remember that my sole comment on the new CMA negotiartions was that they might just divest Activision minus King (or CoD only, I suppose, but thats really a distinction without difference at this point.)

My hahas, fwiw, are in reply to ridiculous cry posts (and a select few funny ones.) Thats why I just gave you one, for instance.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Where is this coming from? And you'll remember that my sole comment on the new CMA negotiartions was that they might just divest Activision minus King (or CoD only, I suppose, but thats really a distinction without difference at this point.)

My hahas, fwiw, are in reply to ridiculous cry posts (and a select few funny ones.) Thats why I just gave you one, for instance.
i am sorry, do you have goldfish memory?

didn't you yesterday just wrote that JUSTICE PREVAILED?

Hmmmmmm? I thought Microsoft and Activision were precluded from transactions for 10 years? (little familiarity with British law here, sorry)

Anyways, glad to see that these cases might finally be ending and that justice has prevailed.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
i am sorry, do you have goldfish memory?

didn't you yesterday just wrote that JUSTICE PREVAILED?
I didn't say anything about what the CMA reopening negotiations was here, thats you reading into it things that weren't there.

My one post on that was here and says exactly what I said it did.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Embarrassing and premature laugh reactions here by @Zzero @Calverz and @KingOfTheDead, the latter two of which are GAF xbots. Deal is still dead and it turns out MS was the desperate one, crawling back to the CMA on its hands and knees. Pleading and grovelling for a second chance.

Pop Tv Laughing GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek
I got a lol from the same bunch. Also it's very telling how quickly @MScarpa came out of hiding to gloat like all the other rats.

We'll see on July 18th if Bobby kills the deal and gets his 3 billions.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Uhh CMA doesn’t give a fuck what Sony and MS does since their issues are with the cloud.

They even rejected MS throwing around 10 year deals as that does not satisfy their concerns.

So don’t celebrate yet you green rat.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Uhh CMA doesn’t give a fuck what Sony and MS does since their issues are with the cloud.

They even rejected MS throwing around 10 year deals as that does not satisfy their concerns.

So don’t celebrate yet you green rat.
I think it's best to face the music. Sony probably has info on how this will go down tomorrow.

ManPhlaps

Banned
19 Jul 2022
I considered it, but your grammar was on point.

Plus, ignore is for those who only want to jerk.

ManPhlaps

Banned
19 Jul 2022
All your posts are trash. 2 or 3 words with nothing of value. You disappeared when CMA blocked the deal and you came back this week just to troll.

Delete your account.

Nah.

Deal with it dude.

The sooner this forum rejects the lunatic fans, the quicker it'll attract new members that'll actually encourage decent conversation.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Calverz