Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Gaf? No. Before the split yes, after no. Reputation damaged, growth prospects - small. Whether someone believes the split was fair and justified or a successful coup for self enrichment of a few (which we all know it was).

I think shortening the website url to iconera.com is a better bet. ;)

Plus more outreach to PS influencers and such. Game streaming and guides is also a growth area if somehow you can get it to work under the iconera banner and umbrella.

We were thinking of doing reviews in it's own section but we could definitely fit guides in there too.....

The problem is finding people who write guides these days. If anyone knows people that are into it, let me know!

We have a few people up for writing reviews but anyone is welcome to try their hand.

In terms of forums.... I had my eye on Famiboards but I don't know if they would be open to an offer. I like the idea of this place being PS focused and then having a Nintendo one too. They seem to be growing.

Reactions: KnittedKnight

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
We were thinking of doing reviews in it's own section but we could definitely fit guides in there too.....

The problem is finding people who write guides these days. If anyone knows people that are into it, let me know!

We have a few people up for writing reviews but anyone is welcome to try their hand.

In terms of forums.... I had my eye on Famiboards but I don't know if they would be open to an offer. I like the idea of this place being PS focused and then having a Nintendo one too. They seem to be growing.

Marvel's Spider-Man is an open-world action-adventure game that allows players to experience the thrill of being Spider-Man. Here are some key gameplay features:

Traversal:
  • The player can use web-swinging, wall-crawling, and parkour to navigate the city.
  • Web-swinging is done by holding R2 to shoot a web, and then releasing it to swing.
  • The player can also run and jump across rooftops and walls.

Combat:
  • The player can use a combination of melee attacks and web-based gadgets to take down enemies.
  • Gadgets can be selected using the d-pad and are used by pressing R1.
  • Enemies will have different weaknesses, and the player will need to use the right gadgets and attacks to take them down.
Suits:
  • The player can unlock and wear a variety of Spider-Man suits, each with its own unique ability.
  • Suits can be changed at any time using the menu.

Upgrades:
  • The player can earn experience points and use them to unlock new skills and upgrades.
  • Upgrades can improve combat, traversal, and other abilities.

Missions:
  • The game features a main story, as well as side missions and activities.
  • Side missions can range from simple tasks to more complex challenges.
  • Completing missions and activities rewards the player with experience points and other rewards.
Tips:
  • Practice traversal to get comfortable with the controls and move around the city efficiently.
  • Use gadgets in combat to take down enemies more easily.
  • Dodge and roll frequently to avoid attacks.
  • Invest in upgrades that fit your playstyle.
  • Complete side missions and activities to earn rewards and experience points.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
God of War 2018 is an action-adventure game that takes players on a journey with Kratos and his son Atreus. Here are some comprehensive gameplay tips to help you make the most of your experience:

1. Experiment with different attacks and combos Kratos has a variety of attacks and combos that can be performed with his axe and fists. Try experimenting with different combinations to find the ones that work best for your playstyle. Also, use Atreus' bow and arrows to stun enemies and open up new attack opportunities.
  2. Upgrade your equipment and abilities As you progress through the game, you will collect various resources and earn experience points. Use these resources to upgrade Kratos' equipment and abilities to make him more powerful in combat. Upgrading Atreus' arrows and abilities can also be useful.
  3. Use the environment to your advantage There are various environmental objects that can be used in combat, such as explosive jars and hanging platforms. Try to use these to your advantage to take out groups of enemies or get a strategic advantage in a fight.
  4. Learn enemy weaknesses and behaviors Each enemy type in God of War has its own set of weaknesses and behaviors. Some may be weak to certain types of attacks, while others may require a more defensive approach. Learn their patterns and behaviors to defeat them more efficiently.
  5. Explore the world and complete side quests God of War features a large and immersive world to explore. Take the time to explore every nook and cranny, as you may find hidden treasures and side quests that can provide valuable rewards and experience points.
  6. Save often and use multiple save slots God of War does not have an auto-save feature, so it's important to save often to avoid losing progress. It's also a good idea to use multiple save slots to avoid overwriting a save and losing progress accidentally.
  7. Use your Spartan Rage wisely Kratos' Spartan Rage ability can be a powerful tool in combat, but it should be used wisely. Save it for when you really need it, such as during a tough boss fight or when facing a large group of enemies.
  8. Learn how to parry and dodge Parrying and dodging are essential skills in God of War. Practice these techniques to avoid taking damage and open up counter-attack opportunities.
  9. Use Atreus' abilities to solve puzzles Atreus has various abilities that can be used to solve puzzles throughout the game. Use his skills to activate switches, lower bridges, and unlock doors.
  10. Pay attention to the story and characters God of War features a rich and complex story with well-developed characters. Pay attention to the story and the interactions between Kratos and Atreus, as they add depth and emotional weight to the game's narrative

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75
D

Deleted member 417

Thats it? And I assume that’s revenue you are estimating. Curious what it would have been doing during its glory days.
Evilore turned down a $5 million offer back in the day. He also burned bridges with insiders and offended Major Nelson for lulz-points with his fanbase. Then the European trip happened, he banned football discussions and it was down hill from there.

test.gif

Reactions: Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Evilore turned down a $5 million offer back in the day. He also burned bridges with insiders and offended Major Nelson for lulz-points with his fanbase. Then the European trip happened, he banned football discussions and it was down hill from there.

test.gif
Oh well, easy come, easy go

• thisistheway
Reactions: Deleted member 417

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023

test.gif
Can I ask what happened in the European trip

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Gaf? No. Before the split yes, after no. Reputation damaged, growth prospects - small. Whether someone believes the split was fair and justified or a successful coup for self enrichment of a few (which we all know it was).

I think shortening the website url to iconera.com is a better bet. ;)

Plus more outreach to PS influencers and such. Game streaming and guides is also a growth area if somehow you can get it to work under the iconera banner and umbrella.

@Bryank75 Is that something thats possible?

I think he is right, the icon-era should be iconera.com?

What are your thoughts?

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

test.gif
Football discussions are banned on GAF?

Reactions: Deleted member 417
OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022