Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I saw a idas post a few days back about most of the CMA hearing with MS going into discussing behavioural remedies, can't remember which outlet was reporting it. People seem to be taking that as a good sign of the CMA accepting behavioural remedies, I don't see it that way.

MS have obviously rejected structural remedies, so CMA spending the entire hearing asking them about structural remedies is a waste of time, so they will obviously hear them out on the behavioural remedies. If CMA did spend most the hearing pressuring MS about the structural remedies rather then hearing what they had to offer, MS could go bitch about that if they appealed to CAT.

CMA is obviously covering their own backs and leaving no room for MS to use that against them.
There's also the matter of whether the CMA had any separate hearings with Sony about their thoughts on the remedies, potentially giving Sony the opportunity to reassure them that their stance against behavioral remedies in the PF is the correct one. I think those people may be gleaning too much from the limited information they were given and that these deals they are signing atm are to win over the EC more so than the CMA.

Last edited:

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Here in Brazil one of the biggest xbox "influencers" was a racist and homophobic asshole.

Xbox Mil Grau? The guy who got sued for harassing a journalist who wrote a negative article about Xbox and was ridiculed by the judge for his behavior?

Not only him, but he is the biggest one, yes.

Link olease? This I want to see.

I think that you are not aware what he did few years ago and...MS didn't do anything about it. In fact, Xbox punished the victim instead

He claims Sony "Overplayed their hand" with regulators, lmao. I don't think Playstation has gotten this much constant hate since the PS3, in terms of media and online discussions anyway.

Eh, usual forum bubbles

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I think that you are not aware what he did few years ago and...MS didn't do anything about it. In fact, Xbox punished the victim instead

Eh, usual forum bubbles
Yes, we know. He's still around. He gets owned on social media all the time, though.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Seems like there is a full court press of fake news and innuendo coming from mlex today. This is on the heels of Microsoft’s fake deals they made this week so it’s hard not to see it as coordinated.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Seems like there is a full court press of fake news and innuendo coming from mlex today. This is on the heels of Microsoft’s fake deals they made this week so it’s hard not to see it as coordinated.
Have mlex given anything else today other than what was already posted?

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Idas posted something not that long ago. Basically the eu dropped their concern of console effects because of…nvidia which isn’t a console? Also ms is betting on the eus decision will put pressure on the cma, but the eu is supposed to tell us what they think a month after the cma does so that doesn’t make sense to me. At the end it is implied that the cma is still going to block it regardless. Sounds like a lot conjecture, innuendo, and hopium.

Like I said, the eu dropped concern of console effect’s because of nvidia…not Nintendo? That doesn’t even make sense which makes me question the whole thing, hence my theory of the full court press this week topping it off with shotgun strategy of fake news to end the week.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I saw a idas post a few days back about most of the CMA hearing with MS going into discussing behavioural remedies, can't remember which outlet was reporting it. People seem to be taking that as a good sign of the CMA accepting behavioural remedies, I don't see it that way.

MS have obviously rejected structural remedies, so CMA spending the entire hearing asking them about structural remedies is a waste of time, so they will obviously hear them out on the behavioural remedies. If CMA did spend most the hearing pressuring MS about the structural remedies rather then hearing what they had to offer, MS could go bitch about that if they appealed to CAT.

CMA is obviously covering their own backs and leaving no room for MS to use that against them.

I think he said what Xbox fans wants to hear. That's all.

I see that here members are very oftenly quoting Idas and on ERA especially ( and on other forums too). Well, he created ABK-MS acquisition thread there. I see Xbox fans are oftenly quoting him, like sort of a beacon of hope for ABK-MS deal to go through. I see that he registered last year on ERA just after announcement that MS wants to buy Activision and later make a thread about it. Actually he said this deal will go through, even without remedies. We know what happened in the end. You can bet that he didn't expected CMA harsh response. Actually, i think he is a paid MS astroturfer. Curios timing for registration. Just like happened 10 years ago on GAF with bunch paid MS astroturfers and Bishpotl permed them in the end.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Idas posted something not that long ago. Basically the eu dropped their concern of console effects because of…nvidia which isn’t a console? Also ms is betting on the eus decision will put pressure on the cma, but the eu is supposed to tell us what they think a month after the cma does so that doesn’t make sense to me. At the end it is implied that the cma is still going to block it regardless. Sounds like a lot conjecture, innuendo, and hopium.

Like I said, the eu dropped concern of console effect’s because of nvidia…not Nintendo? That doesn’t even make sense which makes me question the whole thing, hence my theory of the full court press this week topping it off with shotgun strategy of fake news to end the week.
Sheesh, The discourse around this deal is ridiculous. What was the wording he used around the CMA?

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

I see that here members are very oftenly quoting Idas and on ERA especially ( and on other forums too). Well, he created ABK-MS acquisition thread there. I see Xbox fans are oftenly quoting him, like sort of a beacon of hope for ABK-MS deal to go through. I see that he registered last year on ERA just after announcement that MS wants to buy Activision and later make a thread about it. Actually he said this deal will go through, even without remedies. We know what happened in the end. You can bet that he didn't expected CMA harsh response. Actually, i think he is a paid MS astroturfer. Curios timing for registration. Just like happened 10 years ago on GAF with bunch paid MS astroturfers and Bishpotl permed them in the end.
Interesting.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

People often quote him because he's usually the first person to post summaries of Mlex and other reports. If there were more people doing that timely, there would be more voices being reported.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
A user named reksveks pointed out the mlex report contradicts another report.

“The mlex report (if correct) is basically the opposite of the equityreport one a couple of weeks again.

Very weird.”

Mlex seems like another Microsoft propaganda mouthpiece. I don’t think read an mlex report that accurately told us why was going to happen. It’s always speculation that give Microsoft the best case scenario in every outcome and the fanboys and astroturfers run with it. Rinse repeat.

I haven't been reading any of those for that reason. I'd rather just read all the divergent opinions of normal people - some of which have good info. - and the documents for myself.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
He claims Sony "Overplayed their hand" with regulators, lmao. I don't think Playstation has gotten this much constant hate since the PS3, in terms of media and online discussions anyway.

A small, vocal minority is what we're seeing here, I think. Compare that sentiment to actual adoption/association of/with Sony products - eg. PS5 and TLoU show - and you can see how disconnected the internet bubble is with reality.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
A small, vocal minority is what we're seeing here, I think. Compare that sentiment to actual adoption/association of/with Sony products eg. PS5 and TLoU show and you can see how disconnected the internet bubble is with reality.
True, the actual market shows the consumer and the social media/forum bubble are far apart in their opinions. It's still annoying though.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Yes, something about Sony complaints falling on deaf ears at the EC and the Nvidia deal really helped MS.
Yeah we need to be carefull on these reports.

There was a report a while back that said EC may be actually dropping the cloud concerns, and cloud concerns are there biggest concern right now lol. I would dig out the report that said the former, but haven't got it in me to sift through era posts.

Suffice to say i am losing faith in the reporting that is going on in this acquistion. Even from paid sources like mlex.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Yeah we need to be carefull on these reports.

There was a report a while back that said EC may be actually dropping the cloud concerns, and cloud concerns are there biggest concern right now lol. I would dig out the report that said the former, but haven't got it in me to sift through era posts.

Suffice to say i am losing faith in the reporting that is going on in this acquistion. Even from paid sources like mlex.
I don’t want to dig through the hellhole that is the resetera thread but I do want to see what previous mlex reports said before a big announcement. Like did they say the ftc would pass no issues and then the ftc sues to block? I feel like that’s what we’re dealing with here.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
True, the actual market shows the consumer and the social media/forum bubble are far apart in their opinions. It's still annoying though.
If you were to believe Era in the early PS5 days, the Series S was a sure success and PS5 was doomed. Really, they tried to push hard that narrative.
There was the nonsense Jim Ryan hate for no reason.
And some users were trying to make the perception around exclusives to be negativa.
@thicc_girls_are_teh_best remember there was a user on Era, Mercury something, that kept making negative threads over and over and then it all imploded when they made a thread about HFW being forgotten (https://www.resetera.com/threads/it...-west-came-out-and-was-just-forgotten.588536/)
The thread was a huge backfire, the users were mad about how this person was doing this over and over and, guess what, they didn't get banned even though they were clearly warring.
The point is: Era has a clear Xbox moderation that glosses over the Bots console warring and try to create a narrative that ultimately blows over when reality creeps in.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Bishoptl overdid it sometimes, but man did he go to town on the astroturfers.

And anyone who was following the ps4/xbone launch will know microsoft astroturfers got caught on gaf, mods figured it out with the emails they where using that was linked to a company that was working for MS.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Resetera user Bradbatross said:
“I have to say it's pretty funny reading other forums that think Idas is the one writing and making up these reports lol. And I recently saw somone call Mlex a Microsoft propaganda mouthpiece. This acquistion never fails to deliver entertainment lol.”

Hey brad, since you’re reading the thread and what we’re saying, why don’t you step outside the echo chamber and mod protected comments and actually talk to real people about it, not all the other paid for hire Microsoft Astroturfers?