Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
This guy here is right on the money.

Quoting from the article:

But I have to disagree with the smart part since it was painfully obvious the deals were all performative and meaningless. MS shot themselves in the foot with the deals and, as exposed previously, the whole cloud gaming focus was what ultimately killed tue deal.
The second part where he says the cloud deals fueled the CMA’s concerns, though? Completely right.
They thought they were playing some 4D chess, guess what? The CMA was playing 10D chess.

Thanks for playing, MS.
I disagree with his argument in the article that letting MS buy all of this stuff would be good for the console market, but I do agree about the deal potentially giving them an unassailable lead in subscriptions and cloud.

My biggest concern is that letting this go forward would open the gates for MS to buy up things like Sega, Square, Bandai, Take 2 etc. next until they decide that they’re sufficiently "competitive". Meanwhile I would have fewer and fewer options on Playstation just so that Xbox's unpopular console can be artificially boosted.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I disagree with his argument in the article that letting MS buy all of this stuff would be good for the console market, but I do agree about the deal potentially giving them an unassailable lead in subscriptions and cloud.

My biggest concern is that letting this go forward would open the gates for MS to buy up things like Sega, Square, Bandai, Take 2 etc. next until they decide that they’re sufficiently "competitive". Meanwhile I would have fewer and fewer options on Playstation just so that Xbox's unpopular console can be artificially boosted.
That was my biggest concern, too. The premise that MS wouldn't immediately be the biggest player in the VG market by revenue after purchasing ABK was always a disingenuous one, and I'm glad the CMA made Xbox and their zealots eat shit.

Nothing about taking games away from the platform people actually want to play on is competitive.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Era thread is wild lmao. Some are crying they can’t go to court for trial 😂
DarkMage is very active in the ERA thread but totally absent from GAF since April 25, the day the deal was blocked.

I guess he thinks people on Era don't know what kind of poster he is so he can start fresh? He's embarrassed to go back on GAF after all the shit he spewed.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Era thread is wild lmao. Some are crying they can’t go to court for trial 😂
I honestly don't get it. Console wars can be fun and we've had them for a very long time. But this gen really took them to the next level, to the point people were actually staying up to see an update on a regulator regarding a multi trillion dollar corporation.

MS really needs to get some decent PR people and cut the toxic creeps off, including Greenberg, because the Xbox fanbase is at its most pathetic.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
DarkMage is very active in the ERA thread but totally absent from GAF since April 25, the day the deal was blocked.

I guess he thinks people on Era don't know what kind of poster he is so he can start fresh? He's embarrassed to go back on GAF after all the shit he spewed.
He’s still spewing shit on era and gets shut down every now and then but comes back like the pest he is.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I honestly don't get it. Console wars can be fun and we've had them for a very long time. But this gen really took them to the next level, to the point people were actually staying up to see an update on a regulator regarding a multi trillion corporation.

MS really needs to get some decent PR people and cut the toxic creeps off, including Greenberg, because the Xbox fanbase is at its most pathetic.
Well, the only way Xbox can remain relevant is by console wars, since they can’t produce good games.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I honestly don't get it. Console wars can be fun and we've had them for a very long time. But this gen really took them to the next level, to the point people were actually staying up to see an update on a regulator regarding a multi trillion dollar corporation.

Tracking jets was pretty funny.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
That would imply that they don't want to encourage this kind of fanbase - Newsflash, they do.

Reactions: Swift_Star
D

Deleted member 417

Their whole lives seem to depend on this acquisition... they are so desperate for this thing to go through. They'll never let it go.

View attachment 1356
Bringing up Amazon and Luna as a "checkmate, atheists" level of argument shows that person up as someone who doesn't understand the reason why the CMA blocked this deal. Worse yet, they fail to understand the company (Microsoft) that they are apparently supporting.

It would be like arguing that Slash is the best guitarist of all time and that you love Guns 'n' Roses, and when asked what your favourite song was, you replied "Bohemian Rhapsody".