Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

TwistedSyn

10 Jul 2022

Yep I am done with the internet for today. You guys enjoy the rest of your day.

Peace Out Reaction GIF

• haha
Reactions: LED

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You would think they'd be happy today after the EU (sorta) threw them a bone. I guess they're always miserable.
They were, until the CMA had their asses and the EC's handed to themselves on a silver plate.
The CMA's swift (lol) response was completely unexpected and threw all hope of pressuring and bulling the UK regulator into an approval out of the window.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Just checked era thread and is a cesspool of meltdowns because of CMA quick reply and some delusions of Microsoft pulling out of the UK.
The ruling made bots more unhinged than ever.
They've been desperately trying to peddle a few narratives:
1. That the EU does not consider the cloud market a distinct market (the only post I saw that they're all mewing over is an incorrect reading of the EU referencing cloud gaming distribution as indication of them not considering it to be separate, despite them also considering there to be a cloud SLC)
2. That the CAT does not have to remand the decision back to the CMA in some circumstances/Microsoft has a chance at the appeal (the circumstances do not apply/they have no chance)
3. That the tweet shows the CMA is under pressure (it's the opposite)

And Bradbatross, who is jarringly insane even by the standards of that asylum, is back with his air of arrogant knownothingness.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Just checked era thread and is a cesspool of meltdowns because of CMA quick reply and some delusions of Microsoft pulling out of the UK.
The ruling made bots more unhinged than ever.
I was thinking, when is the last time team green has had a real win?

It couldnt have been that e3 show last year where they had an hour and 15 minutes of shovelware, diablo 4, and starfield looking like a ps3 game, framerates and all. It occured to me that the last tangiable win theyve had was Brazil approving the deal in like April of last year? So for a few hours they mustve felt pretty good until the CMA chimed in to remind them: "the deal is still blocked." Theyre suffering from whiplash over it.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
They've been desperately trying to peddle a few narratives:
1. That the EU does not consider the cloud market a distinct market (the only post I saw that they're all mewing over is an incorrect reading of the EU referencing cloud gaming distribution as indication of them not considering it to be separate, despite them also considering there to be a cloud SLC)
2. That the CAT does not have to remand the decision back to the CMA in some circumstances/Microsoft has a chance at the appeal (the circumstances do not apply/they have no chance)
3. That the tweet shows the CMA is under pressure (it's the opposite)

And Bradbatross, who is jarringly insane even by the standards of that asylum, is back with his air of arrogant knownothingness.
1. The EU does consider cloud a separate market based on what I read from their statement.

2. Based on what I've read from experts and analysts, their chances with the CAT are a lot lower than ERA thinks it is.

3. I think that tweet just shows that the two regulators have known what the other was going to do for a while now, also that there are tensions between the EU and UK.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
calm down, jesus the deal isnt going through... Some of you LOL
Bruh honestly most of us don’t care about Call of Duty. If the deals pass then I would be upset because of losing Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. But I blame Sony for not purchasing the rights for both in the past.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
That CMA response has got folks rattled 😁

You know if the CMA stayed quiet, pro acquisition supporters would be running around starting stories of how the CMA is feeling pressured to approve blah blah blah.
This and because their mailbox would get flooded with questions is why they made a statement swiftly.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
That CMA response has got folks rattled 😁

You know if the CMA stayed quiet, pro acquisition supporters would be running around starting stories of how the CMA is feeling pressured to approve blah blah blah.
Yeah now it's just projection about how their need to respond is evidence of a lack of confidence, or in one idiot's eyes, a spoiled brat attitude. Paging Brad Smith, paging dumbass extraordinarie Brad Smith.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
If Diablo 4 is going to be a big hit (it seems to have positive previews and hype), I wonder if that would further incentivize Activsion to walk away from this deal or renegioate an insane asking price where Microsoft would want to walk away? I bring that up because Diablo 4 comes out a month ahead of when the agreement period is up which i think is July 18th.

For what its worth the stock barely spiked today after the EC's decision, take what you want from that.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
If Diablo 4 is going to be a big hit (it seems to have positive previews and hype), I wonder if that would further incentivize Activsion to walk away from this deal or renegioate an insane asking price where Microsoft would want to walk away? I bring that up because Diablo 4 comes out a month ahead of when the agreement period is up which i think is July 18th.

For what its worth the stock barely spiked today after the EC's decision, take what you want from that.
I think the reason they wanted this deal badly is to save Kotick's face. This deal makes him leave with his golden parachute and nobody would talk about the scandals anymore.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
This is the level of delusion going on Era:
EU thinks remedies not only fix concerns but also makes the deal pro-competitive.

CMA took the wrong case to flex its muscles at being a global regulator, I guess. At the end of the day, none of the other regulators around the globe, except ideologically motivated and toothless FTC, is going to agree with them it seems.

They look isolated, irrational and can't be reasoned with. Add the weird system protecting CMA from all kinds of checks and balances mechanism including the courts on top of that, and CMA is really becoming a big red flag for business in UK.

The bolded lmao.
They really think the EU ruling changes anything. In a year or two. When either MS or ABK leave the deal, these people will go crazier than ever.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
This is the level of delusion going on Era:

The bolded lmao.
They really think the EU ruling changes anything. In a year or two. When either MS or ABK leave the deal, these people will go crazier than ever.
That post makes the assumption that the EC can't be politically motivated or influenced by corporate lobbying.