Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
The TRO was never meant to last long, only meant to keep MS from pulling a fast one in the US until an injunction could be debated on. Hopefully the FTC has been paying attention to what's been going on overseas. It seems like the cloud market is the only thing these judges might agree is a cause for concern. The FTC could tell the judge that they need to protect that emerging market and MS need to be prevented from closing until they can come up with a solution to do that.

IMO, asking a judge not to let them merge until they finish their trial seems reasonable, but I guess we'll see if the judge sees it that way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The TRO was never meant to last long

TRO's are never meant to last long, that's why they are called temporary restraining orders. You can then file for a permanent or semi-permanent restraining order. Phil spencer apparently has a restraining order on quality games, for example.

• Surprised
Reactions: PlacidusaX

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Do you have MS shills here too yet?

There are a couple, but nowhere near as bad as on say ResetERA, where they are practically a protected class.

There are a bit more on NeoGAF than here, but again less than on Reset. And both here and on GAF, you can openly call them out and embarrass them on their talking points without risking an immediate ban.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

And no, not really. Just benign trolls on the Xbox and anti-Sony side.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
They sure are acting like it, yeah. I wonder what will the UK do.
That's not happening for at least a week and a half thanks to the temporary restraining order that was approved in court. I wonder if they'll also be able to win an injunction and if both MS and ABK would even be able to find a way to convince their investors to extend the deadline if it becomes clear that they won't be able to close in time. Apparently the CMA haven't finalized their order blocking MS and ABK from acquiring interest in eachother either, but they are apparently going to do so soon.

Edmund

25 Apr 2023

Yes. If daddy Spencer asks Biden to go to war with the UK to get the deal done, I'd sacrifice my life without question. Together with my squad mates Florian Mueller and SenjutsuSage, we'd storm the office of the CMA and make Sarah Cardell play Redfall until she begs us for mercy and allows the deal to go through.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
So is this injunction hearing going to be a bit of a court battle between MS and the FTC before a judge sort of like what is happening with the CAT right now or is it just going to be the FTC by themselves trying to convince the judge to grant the injunction?

Seems pretty scummy that MS keeps trying to get all these legal rules and precedents to be ignored just so that they can buy up the industry.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
The CAT said that the trial doesnt begin until July 24th, past the agreed breakup date. I also think the fact that Kotick has gone mostly silent while MS is still relatively loud (3 billion on the line) says alot.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
The CAT said that the trial doesnt begin until July 24th, past the agreed breakup date. I also think the fact that Kotick has gone mostly silent while MS is still relatively loud (3 billion on the line) says alot.
Looks like it got moved a bit up to the 28th of July now.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

The sheer desperation is telling me ABK are playing hardball behind the scenes.

ABK may want some positivity for the deal in either the UK or USA.

MS tried putting on political pressure in the UK and even asked the CAT for a hearing date earlier then what they got. But that didn't work.

Now they've set their pressure tractics on the FTC.

The fact that all this effort to get the legal proceedings done much earlier in the UK and USA also tells me ABK have no intention of actually thinking of leaving the UK fantasy, or closing over the CMA.

My guess ABK are just playing along and will duck out even if the FTC injunction fails. I'd imagine MS lawyers would want to find any reason to not pay out that termination fee and ABK needs to put on a show so that doesn't happen.