Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This is tbh. very good thing that happened. This will probably if not already happened, opening Sony‘s eyes to take some cash and invest/acquire fully a publisher themselves.
Sony already knows everything being revealed, so there is nothing there to open their eyes so to speak. I know people think they dont know what they are doing, but I don't really agree with that. Not entirely anyway.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Sony already knows everything being revealed, so there is nothing there to open their eyes so to speak. I know people think they dont know what they are doing, but I don't really agree with that. Not entirely anyway.
I am not sure if Sony knows about all of Microsoft’s attempted acquisitions. Maybe the Japanese one like Sega and Square Enix, were I can imagine that those publishers are would have reported to Sony that Microsoft wanted to acquire them. But Bethesda surely not and Activision Blizzard caught Sony off-guard. That’s why Bungie was the last big acquisition since 2022 July. They paused nearly all acquisitions even offside gaming. There were early this year some acquisitions like Firewalk or purchasing music rights but that’s all what they have done so far. Sony has put all their major M&A activities on hold.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
For those wondering about when the topic of MS advantage in cloud would come up, seems like it was. Also, lol at that shot at Sony saying the market leader has turned the industry into a dark world ruled by exclusives.
So the same thing we've had for decades?

A simple google search would prove it, going back to the Atari or even earlier. The best part? MS was the one who popularized all that timed exclusive crap. What a pathetic company.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
FTC haven't asked anything about closing over regulators, and nadella is done with the cross examination. Really surprised maybe they save it for later, idk.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
For those wondering about when the topic of MS advantage in cloud would come up, seems like it was.
too late for that really, that's really what the whole case should have been about, not a tail end question the nadella. the judge has been primed to view this as a spat between a large console competitor (playstation) vs the smaller one, when it really should be about MS' dominance in cloud gaming and subscription services. thank god the CMA understood all of this and they don't have to go to court.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think MS lawyer is making the argument that Sony is just scared of a stronger Xbox.
Well you know the saying.

If you have the facts, pound the facts.

If you have the law, pound the law.

If you have neither, pound the table.

Sounds like we are at the table pounding stage.

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
You know I'm starting to think resetera activity is actually died down alot
We only see the activity in negative sony threads cuz the users who engage in these threads are some ms employees and bots alt accounts and maybe even Ai accounts who knows
Believe me when this deal gets blocked you will see these accounts get inactive
Same thing will happen on twitter
All these accounts are fake
The actual xbox fanbase are very small compared to playstation and Nintendo