Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Imagine losing bidding wars ... in their own home turf.

Like just the Sony Group buying SE would be easy since it will not be under any scrutiny.
It’s always the same with this buffoons, they repeating the same shit for years. Sony did overbid Tencent and Microsoft on Bungie and that was in America. Sony will always get the acceptance over a western company. As if Microsoft never attempted to buy all of Japan’s legacy publishers. Remember when Phil Spencer was visiting from 2019 until 2022 Japan? This was not just for porting games to Xbox, that Mfer tried to buy Japanese pubs.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
It’s always the same with this buffoons, they repeating the same shit for years. Sony did overbid Tencent and Microsoft on Bungie and that was in America. Sony will always get the acceptance over a western company. As if Microsoft never attempted to buy all of Japan’s legacy publishers. Remember when Phil Spencer was visiting from 2019 until 2022 Japan? This was not just for porting games to Xbox, that Mfer tried to buy Japanese pubs.
Yea also after Sharp-Foxconn shenanigan, the government basically enforce the law to prevent any foreign firms from investing to Japanese firms with market cap above 500 billion yen?(Not sure about this part)

There is a list for this, if any firms interested in being bought by foreign, they would direct them to Japanese firm.

I found it.

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
Microsoft, Activision Weigh Sale of Some UK Cloud-Gaming Rights

Microsoft Corp. and Activision Blizzard Inc. are considering giving up some control of their cloud-gaming business in the UK as a way to appease regulators so they can complete their $69 billion merger by the July 18 deadline, according to people familiar with the matter.
That could involve selling off the cloud-based market rights for games in the UK to a telecommunications, gaming or internet-based computing company, said the people, who asked not to be named discussing confidential planning. A private equity company might also be interested, said one person.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Microsoft, Activision Weigh Sale of Some UK Cloud-Gaming Rights

Then 1 year later MS buys said unnamed company. We all know how this ends. Besides if it's COD like people are thinking all they have to do is change the name of the next one. There's loopholes they can easily exploit. Plus the fact that Halo is more then likely going to be handed to them.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I said on Neo that the story about CMA accepting a deal was likely leaked early and the CMA tried to play it off by saying they're still early in negotiations.

They said a high bar months ago now it's lowered lol.
this is lower than low. It’s a race to the bottom.
Ridiculous to even consider. But then again…🤡

Last edited:

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Wait, I can't read the article. Maybe it's just what the MS offered and that's it.. I don't know if it talks about what they're going to accept.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Very plainly showing that she has no legal grounds to stand on. If she was being legit she'd show which standards the FTC motion failed to meet to be granted a motion to stay. Instead this is basically "I got nothing, but fuck you anyway"
Had no doubts, once i saw this morning that it was the same judge i said fuck it, just let this one go FTC, you tried.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Had no doubts, once i saw this morning that it was the same judge i said fuck it, just let this one go FTC, you tried.
My guess is that PlayStation has something planned. Jim probably didn't go to the trial in person because he knew it was a lost cause and already moved on to plan B.