Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Starfield was their biggest victory but it came back to bite them in the ass with the CMA and now with FTC. They will lose everything because of that move. Justice.

The xbots are now going against the FTC and their definition of the big 4 AAA Publishers because of ...Tencent and Embracer???

They don't even release any big AAA on consoles?
It is hilarious, because Embracer isn't a publisher, they just own a bunch of development houses. And Tencent doesn't publish on consoles, so that's not germaine to this case, but the XBots have to grasp at straws. Then again these are the guys who bought 5 360s and keep dropping $300 on the "Elite" controller that doesn't let 6 months while proclaiming it the best controller ever made.

The funniest part is people like DarkMage claiming that MS being caught lying about Bethesda is NOT a valid reason to block this, even when MS has a long history of breaking legally binding contracts, let alone useless verbal "Guarantees" and even going against court orders and Consent Decrees. Fuck, MS violated a consent decree by launching the Xbox in the first fucking place.

New emerging shill narrative on GAF is that Sony moneyhatting games DROVE MS to buy pubs, because Sony money hats are keeping games off GamePass and that is evil, and stinky and unfair, totally ignoring that the 360 owed most of its library to permanent money hats and strong-arm tactics, and that MS lost the power to make exclusive deals due to the Bone being curb stomped in the marketplace, hence the insane amount SquareEnix got for Rise of the Tomb Raider, on top of MS paying the bulk of the cost of development.

I just saw something honestly brilliant posted on GAF about Phil: "Some people in business play four-dimensional chess, some play four-dimensional tic-tac-toe. Phil is a four-d tic-tac-toe kinda guy."

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
New emerging shill narrative on GAF is that Sony moneyhatting games DROVE MS to buy pubs, because Sony money hats are keeping games off GamePass and that is evil, and stinky and unfair, totally ignoring that the 360 owed most of its library to permanent money hats and strong-arm tactics, and that MS lost the power to make exclusive deals due to the Bone being curb stomped in the marketplace, hence the insane amount SquareEnix got for Rise of the Tomb Raider, on top of MS paying the bulk of the cost of development.

They probably need a refresher on games like Gears and Halo, which while Xbox staples, are acquired IP and not in-house.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
They probably need a refresher on games like Gears and Halo, which while Xbox staples, are acquired IP and not in-house.
You'd be surprised how many XBots are totally unaware of the Gears thing, and plenty of people are completely unaware that Bungie was a Mac game developer for a decade before MS bought them to keep Halo off the Mac and PS2.

Interesting bit of trivia, the game Stubbs the Zombie was allowed to use the Halo engine because the director of the game was one of the many at Bungie who tendered their resignations when MS buying the company was announced. He was so key to the studio that they offered him whatever he wanted to come back to help them get Halo finished in time for the Xbox launch, and his condition was MS allowing him use of the engine and paying 50% of the costs to develop Stubbs.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It is hilarious, because Embracer isn't a publisher, they just own a bunch of development houses. And Tencent doesn't;t publish on consoles, so that's not germaine to this case, but the XBots have to grasp at straws. Then again these are the guys who bought 5 360s and keep dropping $300 on the "Elite" controller that doesn't let 6 months while proclaiming it the best controller ever made.

The funniest part is people like DarkMage claiming that MS being caught lying about Bethesda is NOT a valid reason to block this, even when MS has a long history of breaking legally binding contracts, let alone useless verbal "Guarantees" and even going against court orders and Consent Decrees. Fuck, MS violated a consent decree by launching the Xbox in the first fucking place.

I just saw something honestly brilliant posted on GAF about Phil: "Some people in business play four-dimensional chess, some play four-dimensional tic-tac-toe. Phil is a four-d tic-tac-toe kinda guy."
Xbots crying that Sony bad
and moneyhatting, at the same time m$ 70 billion to spend, so how they aren't outbiding Sony? Makes no sense. They barely manages to sign timed exclusivity with indies.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Xbots crying that Sony bad
and moneyhatting, at the same time m$ 70 billion to spend, so how they aren't outbiding Sony? Makes no sense. They barely manages to sign timed exclusivity with indies.
It isn't that MS wasn't able to outbid Sony, it's that publishers don't want to miss the Playstation sales for the much smaller MS sales anymore. As much money as MS has, nobody can buy what the other party isn't willing to sell them.

Even the deal for RotTR didn't lead to a profit on that game, as it launched at a heavy discount for a complete version on PS4, and sold poorly anyway. SquareEnix fired the head of Crystal Dynamics for making the commitment to Xbox before checking with head office.

If something as high profile as Tomb Raider can be an utter failure financially WITH a money hat equivalent to those giant foam cowboy hats, nobody can be shocked pubs aren't bending over for the big green dick like they used to. Except for SEGA, but everyone knows that company couldn't make a good decision to keep itself alive for more than 6 months.

Last edited:
  • fire
D

Deleted member 223

It seems MS and everything Xbox is caught up in the middle of a storm right now. Crazy out there... extremely amusing to watch when all the shit and BS catches up. It's not even a mid-gen crisis, pun intended. Fear not for the true bots out there clenching and holding the faith strong - plenty of money yet to burn to get things "right". After all, this is what being a bot is all about, crisis management.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • fire

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
One has to wonder what damage the Series S firesale will do to MS claiming big bad Sony is trying to drive them out of business.

Hard to paint the other guy as not playing fair when you are giving away your online-only console in fucking cereal boxes...

When one of the things getting you in trouble is locking gamers into your subscriptions, even making a console that can't be used without creating an online account, and then literally giving them away free with unrelated products and services isn't exactly going to make you look like you are committed to a level playing field.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I'm trying to make sense why Darkmage and Adamsapple (they were both posters here too) are struggling so much to understand why the Switch is not a "high performance console" that can play AAA games from the big 4.

It's obvious and clear to everyone else (including FTC) but they've been fighting about it all day.

They always hide behind Nintendo for everything.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I'm trying to make sense why Darkmage and Adamsapple (they were both posters here too) are struggling so much to understand why the Switch is not a "high performance console" that can play AAA games from the big 4.

It's obvious and clear to everyone else (including FTC) but they've been fighting about it all day.

They always hide behind Nintendo for everything.
They are both hardcore MS shills, so anything that props up MS' case, they will attack any who question it. Dorkmage69IQ also has a massive boner for the Series S and makes insane claims about it not being as shitty as it clearly is, so the whole High-performance vs low-performance console thing has him rock hard and leaking. AdamsAppleOnAChick is just a braindead shill, or an astroturfer. I cannot possibly believe anyone can spout the shit he does and believe it. At least Senjutsu Sage is just clearly defective mentally, so his insane bullshit is sincere, but the other two have GOT to be on the payroll!

Just thinking about it, their arguing the Switch being a distinct market sector probably is to prop up the "Commitment" that COD will not be taken away from Nintendo, even though there hasn't been one on a Nintendo system since 2012.

The one who confounds me the most is that Hendrick's douchebag. It is like he has absolutely ZERO knowledge of Microsoft's past actions as a corporation in general and as directly regards gaming.

Holy fuck, DorkMage is now arguing nobody would class the Series S as a high-performance console, and it should be regarded the same as the Switch, as a casual device. Just days ago, he was arguing the Series S is not underpowered or a lesser system that could impede developers, in spite of its architectural defficiencies being cited by multiple developers as major roadblocks. JFC

Last edited:

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
this week is just a nightmare for xbox fanboys ,being a third on sales on the usa ,their biggest market with desperate sales for the series s,the whole FTC thing (lol at these bozos thinkig cma its not gonna do the same) the non relevance on the game awards and all the new games announced for ps5,man i have a series x and i want sony to have real competence,but fuck me if im not laughing at the prospect of all the ocean of tears these mothefuckers will produce in not a distant future,you only need to se the xbox threads on retardera the night of the game awards,they where desperate

• haha

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
this week is just a nightmare for xbox fanboys ,being a third on sales on the usa ,their biggest market with desperate sales for the series s,the whole FTC thing (lol at these bozos thinkig cma its not gonna do the same) the non relevance on the game awards and all the new games announced for ps5,man i have a series x and i want sony to have real competence,but fuck me if im not laughing at the prospect of all the ocean of tears these mothefuckers will produce in not a distant future,you only need to se the xbox threads on retardera the night of the game awards,they where desperate
Just imagine the rage-fuelled pants-shitting if this goes all the way and the FTC gets a consent order for MS to be broken up. It is maybe a long-shot, but with how much this is being taken as an opportunity to correct the mistakes of 2000, we may just see MS broken up into a cloud company, an OS company, an Office software company, and a gaming company that won't make it to the next generation before going under.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
They are both hardcore MS shills, so anything that props up MS' case, they will attack any who question it. Dorkmage69IQ also has a massive boner for the Series S and makes insane claims about it not being as shitty as it clearly is, so the whole High-performance vs low-performance console thing has him rock hard and leaking. AdamsAppleOnAChick is just a braindead shill, or an astroturfer. I cannot possibly believe anyone can spout the shit he does and believe it. At least Senjutsu Sage is just clearly defective mentally, so his insane bullshit is sincere, but the other two have GOT to be on the payroll!

Just thinking about it, their arguing the Switch being a distinct market sector probably is to prop up the "Commitment" that COD will not be taken away from Nintendo, even though there hasn't been one on a Nintendo system since 2012.

The one who confounds me the most is that Hendrick's douchebag. It is like he has absolutely ZERO knowledge of Microsoft's past actions as a corporation in general and as directly regards gaming.

Holy fuck, DorkMage is now arguing nobody would class the Series S as a high-performance console, and it should be regarded the same as the Switch, as a casual device. Just days ago, he was arguing the Series S is not underpowered or a lesser system that could impede developers, in spite of its architectural defficiencies being cited by multiple developers as major roadblocks. JFC
AdamsApple(previously Chandoog) tried to claim I was lying that DF admitted that Gears5 was sponsored content instead of analysis.
Posted a screenshot of John just doing that, then exposed his lies "I have no history here or point of reference at GAF, I joined Dec2021 so I can say what ever shit I want" when its an alt account he has been there since 2007. AstroShiller Garbage.

DirkMagusDCXIX @ fanfiction.net , lives in fantasy land. Virtue signalling "Sony fans and their Death Threats" when it suits him, what about condemn all threat sending piece of shits, dont 🍒 pick you lowlife cunt.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
AdamsApple(previously Chandoog) tried to claim I was lying that DF admitted that Gears5 was sponsored content instead of analysis.
Posted a screenshot of John just doing that, then exposed his lies "I have no history here or point of reference at GAF, I joined Dec2021 so I can say what ever shit I want" when its an alt account he has been there since 2007. AstroShiller Garbage.

DirkMagusDCXIX @ fanfiction.net , lives in fantasy land. Virtue signalling "Sony fans and their Death Threats" when it suits him, what about condemn all threat sending piece of shits, dont 🍒 pick you lowlife cunt.
Their accounts here are still active but they stopped posting. I think they were scared because their BS doesn't fly here like on GAF.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
What I'd like to know is whether we'll get public evidence of MS paying off influencers like DF if the case goes to court through discovery. Probably not that relevant to the case but if we did it'd be really interesting to see exactly how much of their budget goes to that type of marketing. Xbox brings in quite a bit of revenue according to MS financial statements so that money has to be going somewhere (it certainly isn't going into producing high quality AAAs)

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
What I'd like to know is whether we'll get public evidence of MS paying off influencers like DF if the case goes to court through discovery. Probably not that relevant to the case but if we did it'd be really interesting to see exactly how much of their budget goes to that type of marketing. Xbox brings in quite a bit of revenue according to MS financial statements so that money has to be going somewhere (it certainly isn't going into producing high quality AAAs)
I assume MS lawyers will block such deals from being mentioned in the trial, claiming that they're not relevant to the merger.

Which is accurate in a sense, MS have always invested heavily in astroturfing and bought propaganda, irrespective of anything else. 🤷‍♂️

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Xbox brings revenue, but little to no profit.

Also, MS’ use of guerilla marketing and giving incentives to friendly press was exposed on the 1999-2000 FTC action, so yes, expect more extremely dirty laundry to come out.

This whole situation is basically MS’ worst nightmare, and it’s going to be a massive, F5 shitstorm.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Somehow, I don't think the FTC minds the idea of smaller Microsoft, and gaming would be in a much better place if MS was made smaller by the Xbox division going away for good. Almost everything in modern gaming that people whine about all the time came from MS themselves or developers who got into consoles because of MS allowing them to port DirectX code with little effort, and from MS nickel and dime-ing their customers and allowing others to do so at every opportunity.
Seriously! They are just buying shit and not ultizing what they buy to make a better experience for gamers and devs. Look how many senior devs leave Microsoft because they are just frustrated with management. So many projects just go dark, bad games releasing in gp day because shtty devs and publishers chasing a day 1 pay out instead of developing an actually good product.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Seriously! They are just buying shit and not ultizing what they buy to make a better experience for gamers and devs. Look how many senior devs leave Microsoft because they are just frustrated with management. So many projects just go dark, bad games releasing in gp day because shtty devs and publishers chasing a day 1 pay out instead of developing an actually good product.
It's like when the Toronto Blue Jays had Rickey Henderson playing for them. He spent two seasons in Toronto, putting up decent numbers, but nothing compared to what he did in Oakland for the years before going to Toronto. At the end of his contract, he signed with the New York Yankees for WAY more than Toronto offered.

My little brother was a Jays fan, and he couldn't understand why New York was willing to pay top dollar for a player who didn't seem worth it anymore. I explained to him that, for the Yankees, it made more sense to pay a player like Henderson a big contract to play like an A-tier player than let someone else sign him and take the chance that he'd be an S-tier player again. Luckily for the Yankees, he was in S-tier form again and won two World Series as a Yankee.

Microsoft is in the position where it is worth the money for every acquisition they make in their sideline businesses like gaming and mobile to fail as utterly as buying Nokia did, just because it removes competition. The insane money their main lines of business bring in makes it nothing at all to do things like take a $3 billion write-down on Nokia, which is the exact kind of thing that they were supposed to have been stopped from doing by the 2000 antitrust action.

Incinerating money from one industry to try to force your way into another with no care for sustainability and deliberately taking massive losses with no plan for profit is monopoly behaviour. Most of the more idiotic commentary on this current FTC issue is coming from small-minded twits who only look at Xbox being involved, not the greater whole of Microsoft, which is hilarious, because Activision is worth far more than the Xbox division is, and there is no way on earth Xbox would be able to acquire ANYTHING on their own.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: anonpuffs

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

Microsoft is done for!
They will be stuck and not get content out
Sony can just announce this and that now when MS is in court for the next 2 years 💀