Microsoft’s gaming chief hints that Xbox could get PC stores like Epic Games one day

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer has dropped some hints that PC stores like Epic Games Store and Itch.io could one day arrive on Xbox consoles. In an interview with Polygon, Spencer says the console market isn’t growing and that there are barriers that exist today. “How can we be part of opening up that model?” asks Spencer, hinting at a potentially radical rethinking of Microsoft’s Xbox console ecosystem.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw and Entropi

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
All so they can go to court to be able to open their shitty Xbox store on PlayStation.

Xbox makes no sense anymore, just give up damn it.

Xbox and Epic are the perfect fit for each other, two massive piles of shit.

This cunt charges for online and now wants to pretend he is the champion of open platforms, what a phony.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
All so they can go to court to be able to open their shitty Xbox store on PlayStation.

Xbox makes no sense anymore, just give up damn it.

Xbox and Epic are the perfect fit for each other, two massive piles of shit.

Im not liking the notion of only 1 home console, it will give Sony too much power to become arrogant.

"Well let's see, let's increase the prices off all games 40%, I mean, Xbox is out so we can do whatever we want".

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Im not liking the notion of only 1 home console, it will give Sony too much power to become arrogant.

"Well let's see, let's increase the prices off all games 40%, I mean, Xbox is out so we can do whatever we want".
Worthless Xbox never contributed with anything good for consoles, cry me a river.

If you actually believe PlayStation only ever competed with Xbox you have no clue what you are talking about.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
Worthless Xbox never contributed with anything good for consoles, cry me a river.

If you actually believe PlayStation only ever competed with Xbox you have no clue what you are talking about.

Not only, but Xbox was one of their main competitors. Nintendo and Valve? Not so much, mainly because they don't care about what MS/Sony does much.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
What good has Xbox done to the console industry? The introduction of the pay wall? Paid online? The pressure to end physical media? Pressure to devalue games?

Xbox LIVE with Halo 2 multiplayer was completely revolutionarity, what xbox LIVE did had never been done before, it's a reason people accapted to pay for online.

Pressure to devalue games has happened since the dawn of time. Nothing new. Sony is currently doing that themself with the different PS Plus game collection tiers.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Phil is probably the first person in history not directly tied to Epic that is pushing for the EGS to be in MORE places.

Fuck outta here, Phil

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Xbox LIVE with Halo 2 multiplayer was completely revolutionarity, what xbox LIVE did had never been done before, it's a reason people accapted to pay for online.

Pressure to devalue games has happened since the dawn of time. Nothing new. Sony is currently doing that themself with the different PS Plus game collection tiers.
So paid online? What is so impressive of making online work on their console?

Multiplayer already existed on PC and other consoles and it was free. Just because you were ignorant of that doesn't make Microsoft a pioneer, it just make them cunts that imposed paid online as the standard.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
So paid online?

Multiplayer already existed on PC and other consoles and it was free. Just because you were ignorant of that doesn't make Microsoft a pioneer, it just make them cunts that imposed paid online as the standard.

MP existed on consoels and PC, but not in the way Xbox LIVE provided.

Here is some history:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Xbot playbook nr. 17
I just noticed this user today and I'm already fed up 🤦‍♂️

It would be a PR disaster for Sony. The bean counters are getting what they deserve.

Buying publishers and subscriptions didn't kill Playstation like he hoped so now he's starting the fight with regulators to open consoles and basically kill the whole business.

He will never give up on his lifelong dream of destroying Playstation.