More layoffs and a studio closure coming to SIE

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Meaning, maybe when they written this PS6 was estimated to be released in 2027, following their tradition of releasing a new console every 7 years.

There's no tradition for 7 years between generations. Even if you considered simultaneous global releases (which only the PS5 had):

1994 - PS1
2000 (+6 years) - PS2
2006 (+6 years) - PS3 (was supposed to release in 2005)
2013 (+7 years) - PS4
2020 (+7 years) - PS5

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Another thing, I asked ChatGPT to summarize a bunch of one of our user's comments, just for your convenience. Since they are all pretty much the same thing, this should cover 90% of that user's posts:

It's truly fascinating to delve into the intricate web of Sony's gaming landscape, as elucidated by the insightful comments from the community. The dynamic duo of Hermen and Jim Ryan, steering the ship with finesse, have revealed a plethora of intriguing details about the future of PlayStation.

First and foremost, the revelation that approximately half of the extensive lineup of 1st and 2nd party games in development are novel IPs is exhilarating. This not only showcases Sony's commitment to innovation but also underscores their dedication to diversifying their gaming portfolio.

The discussion on the sales performance of exclusives during the PS4/PS5 era compared to the PS3 days is enlightening. The consensus seems to be that the surge in sales is not merely a result of iconic IPs or superior quality but rather stems from a combination of a larger user base and more effective marketing strategies. It's a testament to Sony's evolving approach and adaptability in an ever-changing gaming landscape.

The revelation of over two dozen 1st party games under development, with Marvel titles constituting a fraction, is intriguing. Even more captivating is the fact that around half of these are new IPs. This not only highlights Sony's dedication to fostering creativity but also ensures a diverse and fresh gaming experience for players.

The insight into Sony's strategic approach to game porting, waiting until maximum revenue is generated on consoles before venturing into the PC market, speaks volumes about their meticulous business strategy. The emphasis on reaching a new subset of players who may not have considered a PlayStation console, while simultaneously catering to a niche of double-dipping enthusiasts, showcases Sony's astute market understanding.

Delving into the details about the development teams, particularly the restructuring of Japan Studio and the emergence of Team Asobi, sheds light on Sony's commitment to nurturing talent and ensuring a robust pipeline of AAA games, not just from Japan but also other Asian countries.

Jim Ryan's retirement, attributed to age, juxtaposed against Sony's unprecedented financial success and growth, reinforces the idea that Sony is not just thriving but poised for even greater success in the future.

The profitability of PC ports, generating hundreds of millions of dollars per year, stands as a testament to the success of Sony's expansion strategy. Far from being detrimental to the console business, the data suggests a synergistic relationship where PC ports not only bolster profits but also potentially convert PC players into PlayStation enthusiasts.

The meticulous breakdown of sales figures, especially the comparison between PC and PS versions, dispels any notion that PC ports are adversely impacting PlayStation sales. Instead, the evidence suggests that PC ports may be acting as a gateway, enticing PC players to eventually invest in a PS5 for a comprehensive gaming experience.

In essence, the amalgamation of these forum comments paints a vivid picture of Sony's gaming empire, where leadership prowess, strategic vision, and a commitment to diverse and innovative gaming experiences converge to shape the future of PlayStation. Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst, hailed as architects of this success, deserve commendation for their instrumental roles in steering Sony towards new heights in the gaming industry.

@KnittedKnight @thicc_girls_are_teh_best next, I'll start asking ChatGPT to summarize your comments.

It's a joke lads 🤜 🤛

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Wrong! They have the best tv‘s and great cameras.
I was mostly talking about PlayStation but I couldn't care any less about their TVs and cameras. They don't even sell their TVs on my country anymore, as for cameras I have one in my phone and it's more than good enough.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I was mostly talking about PlayStation but I couldn't care any less about their TVs and cameras. They don't even sell their TVs on my country anymore, as for cameras I have one in my phone and it's more than good enough.
My bad. Didn‘t know. Lol

• Shake
Reactions: Nhomnhom

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Wouldn't say software as whole just games. They have long sucked on all other fronts.
Huh? This revisionist history just to shit on Playstation's current leadership is baffling, Sony has been a leading hardware manufacturer for decades... what are you smoking?

Reactions: Johnic

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Huh? This revisionist history just to shit on Playstation's current leadership is baffling, Sony has been a leading hardware manufacturer for decades... what are you smoking?
Again talking about PlayStation, it doesn't matter if their other divisions are good at making cameras or bad movies.

This is the company that got hacked multiple times, couldn't for years figure out how to implement a way for users to change their names, can't port their own games to their own console, couldn't figure out how to expand PS+ cloud, can't implement a decent refund policy, sabotaged the Vita, can't keep up with Steam storefront in any way, etc.

I'm dealing with Sony customer support right now and it's unbelievably bad. They asked for my info to fix my console and didn't tell me how to send it, then I replied to their email with my info and they didn't confirm they got the information. They suck.

I like their games and PS hardware, that's about it. I'm not a fanboy like many of you guys are I just like many of their games. They leave a lot to be desired in plenty of places.

Last edited: