More PlayStation games are seemingly coming to GOG storefront in the near future

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1698606871705.png

Currently there are only 2 Sony games on GOG -- Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn.

image.png

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
I will say this, beggars shouldnt be choosers.

24 Jun 2022
It'd make sense if they're legacy games like Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper etc. If they're stuff like HFW, Spiderman etc. I understand insofar that Steam already has them.

However, that wouldn't be a great sign of Sony making the smart decision and scaling back on future PC ports of current non-GaaS titles (without at least putting a large stagger window of 4-6 years between the ports, or preferably, waiting until the next gen to start porting some current-gen titles).

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
It should be a no brainer. Every one of their games should be on GOG. I would buy them from there instead of Steam or god forbid Epic.

Reactions: Box

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Not like they're gonna sell...
I really don't see what is positive about this for PlayStation or PlayStation fans.

16 euro.... throwing away the advantage these games bring to PlayStation.

So annoying.
The 200 copies sold at $17 is what will help fund more games 😪 not having the largest install base in the world or your games selling 2.5m units at full price in 1 day....

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75 and Diah

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
If they're on Steam they might as well be on GoG (and Epic) too.
it's redundant but harmless. the only value to gog is the drm-free ethos, which is kind of pointless when we're talking about 5+ year old games. epic has negative-value.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I remember being a lot easier to play prior versions of games on gog than on steam, but maybe that's not the case anymore.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
it's redundant but harmless. the only value to gog is the drm-free ethos, which is kind of pointless when we're talking about 5+ year old games. epic has negative-value.
Epic has negative value for players, but only because it pays for exclusives to keep them off of Steam, the preferred platform. As long as Sony is only expanding its list of available storefronts and not replacing Steam with any of the others, its fine. In theory it helps them (they make more off of a copy sold there) if they can actually move enough units on it and its not like it significantly devalues Sony's console- that bridge was crossed when they put it on PC to begin with.

Reactions: Systemshock2023