More Xbox layoffs happening this week

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
GamePass is unsustainable.

You look at Turn 10 studios and Ninja Theory and I can't really imagine a scenario where Nadella says, okay we can keep them at their current sizes or at all.

When you look at Forza Motorsport and Hellblade 2, these games almost certainly both had high AAA budgets and they failed every objective metric you would be looking for. Didn't push gamepass, didn't sell copies, didn't sell xboxes.

Activision started culling other teams to support CoD for a reason. Ensuring annual releases of CoD made more sense than developing new IP or continuing other game franchises and it isn't even close.

If your team isn't involved in one of these big franchises like Diablo, Warcraft, CoD, Elders Scrolls, Fallout... I imagine your job security is null.

I've mentioned this before but Microsoft Game Studio hasn't had a true system seller since Halo 3. That came out in 2007... nearly 20 years ago...

It will be interesting to see how long GamePass continues as is.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
professional mouth breather

in all seriousness basically she was just there to tell people to be nice to other people. which ain't bad, but seems like it shouldn't need a paid position to tell people to do.

So... community manager? Discord moderator?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I really hope my nieces don't have to grow up in a world where they need to compete against biological boys.

the world has gone mad.
"You my Good Sir are a bigot, Trans rights are human rights", How dare you not think about the rights of grown ass men in skirts and thongs

Did I do this right? or are their any other new word salads being used by the rainbow coalition nowadays