More Xbox layoffs happening this week

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I really hope my nieces don't have to grow up in a world where they need to compete against biological boys.

the world has gone mad.

We are already in that world. I’m sure this discussion won’t go on much longer but what a fucking world eh? Men stealing from women ain’t a hot look. Actually, it’s backwards.

• sad
Reactions: BloodMod and Sircaw

Draven

28 Jun 2024
How can someone work on Xbox knowing that their game probably won't sell, won't make a profit or push console/subscription sales?

I'm already expecting news of layoffs and also of studios being closed again. What a amazing job they're doing.

Reactions: Shadow2027

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
ehh i greatly approve of this specific firing. Purple hair pronoun person. With some tweets i imagine miss she/her did more political messaging than work. Get all that out of the industry

Reactions: Kokoloko

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Perhaps Jessie identifies as a they/them and that led to some confusion.
Film Festival Greetings GIF by Atlanta Jewish Film Festival

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I was lying awake in bed at night wondering who gets the axe later this year when the reaper comes for non A-B and Beth teams. My choices were the Hellblade team, maybe their mocap studio, the Everwild team, Doublefine and possibly Obsidian if Avowed bombs.

FWIW, I take this current round as a cloud cut, not an Xbox/MGS cut, and think that Xbox will instead get its real layoffs later this year.

Reactions: Dabaus

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
This happens in every industry. These layoff headlines are just clickbait, MS is doing what they do best (grow a business)
Last I checked, the Xbox business hasn't been growing.

All of these Shills should be held accountable especially the shitty journalist/reporters.
Those are irrelevant. Who should be held accountable are the corrupt / incompetent regulators who let it pass.

• thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Last I checked, the Xbox business hasn't been growing.

Those are irrelevant. Who should be held accountable are the corrupt / incompetent regulators who let it pass.
Xbox isn’t growing? The same Xbox that merged with two of the biggest publishers in all of gaming, and is putting its games on two more storefronts isn’t growing? They are about to become the biggest publisher in this entire industry, hardware flopping or not.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
Xbox isn’t growing? The same Xbox that merged with two of the biggest publishers in all of gaming, and is putting its games on two more storefronts isn’t growing? They are about to become the biggest publisher in this entire industry, hardware flopping or not.
That's called Microsoft Gaming.

Xbox is a small loss making part of that, not the whole of it.

Reactions: Hezekiah

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
They have to cut the roles that become irrelevant to their new position in the market.

Sure MS's gaming arm grows, but this is not like they suddenly made a better Halo and a goty worthy Gears, Senua's Saga 2 turned out to be a God of War killer, then the studios they bought started releasing ground breaking games after 2020 and that propelled their gaming division (incl. Xbox) to unseen heights.

Then they spent $70Billions on Activision.

So somebody need to clean up the mess, remove duplications, stop investing in games that are unsafe money wise, maybe resell some, and do their best to recover that money ASAP.

Also, MS focuses on AI, they put all the investment money they can in the field because they feel it can put them on top of the tech industry, like Windows, Office and Azure... They have no energy to spend on gaming anymore, not as a side project.

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
Does every thread in this forum turn into "we hate trans, but we can't say it up front", "something something DEI is bad something something"? Feels like I'm on Truth Social lol.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs and Yobo