Msft to completely stop Xbox Series production for the quarter & Sony to halve production after lower-than-expected sales during xmas. Take with 🧂🧂

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Xbox completely stopped production for the quarter?

It may or may not be 100% accurate but def could be a possibility.

Both stuffed the channels with consoles for the holidays but Xbox was having the deepest sales by far and now that the prices are back up, any remaining stock is going to sit there on the shelves in Q1.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
And I believe this rumor but will take with a grain of Salt... Sony needs to fix their point of entry.
Welp my gut feeling was right as PS5 sales were pretty weak in December everywhere. But seems we aren't gonna see the price of entry reduced in ways needed.

What a mess this generation has become for them. They better keep PS5 going for another 5 years at this rate.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Welp my gut feeling was right as PS5 sales were pretty weak in December everywhere. But seems we aren't gonna see the price of entry reduced in ways needed.

What a mess this generation has become for them. They better keep PS5 going for another 5 years at this rate.
I think that for a lot of people things are really dire, here in Canada houses\rents are very high and food prices are through the roof. Retail stores did not experience the sales boom at all in the last days leading to Christmas.

So, my suspicion is that a lot of people had to make choices because they noticed that they were going to hit a financial wall if they had not already.

The GDP is rising, but at a much lower rate than the inflation is (which means we are in decline) and even then the GDP per capita is going down, with the crazy immigration "policy" we have right now and the lack of housing options this all makes no sense.

So even me, I had to push back some leisure spending, we will not go anywhere during the kid's school recess (local activities).

Reactions: Diah
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think that for a lot of people things are really dire, here in Canada houses\rents are very high and food prices are through the roof. Retail stores did not experience the sales boom at all in the last days leading to Christmas.

So, my suspicion is that a lot of people had to make choices because they noticed that they were going to hit a financial wall if they had not already.

The GDP is rising, but at a much lower rate than the inflation is (which means we are in decline) and even then the GDP per capita is going down, with the crazy immigration "policy" we have right now and the lack of housing options this all makes no sense.

So even me, I had to push back some leisure spending, we will not go anywhere during the kid's school recess (local activities).
Bro inflation has taken a toll everywhere and ppl are holding onto the money they have. Consoles tend to be immune to recessions or inflation but that can't always be the case. A few years ago a pack of chicken wings in my supermarket was around $6.00 now it's $9 or better and pay definitely is not keeping track with inflation.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Bro inflation has taken a toll everywhere and ppl are holding onto the money they have. Consoles tend to be immune to recessions or inflation but that can't always be the case. A few years ago a pack of chicken wings in my supermarket was around $6.00 now it's $9 or better and pay definitely is not keeping track with inflation.

Second half of the Gen for PS/Xbox versus Switch 2 initial year(s) is going to tell us a lot about consumer habits in the current economic climate in regards to just how much people have gotten price sensitive when it comes to leisure spending.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Cut the price by $100 and double the production, why are they scared? If they play their cards right they can bury Xbox right no regardless of what MS intends to do.

Sad that we were right again, following the natural flow of things PS5 should end up selling way more than PS4 if it doesn't it is because of PC ports.
Seems like I was right again.

They are too concerned with profits over just taking the chance to dominate the market even further and profit long term out of it.

Second half of the Gen for PS/Xbox versus Switch 2 initial year(s) is going to tell us a lot about consumer habits in the current economic climate in regards to just how much people have gotten price sensitive when it comes to leisure spending.
Thinking about it, all the excuses people come up to explain why the Switch sold so well are the same ones used to explain why PS5 is selling less than PS4. It doesn't add up. Switch is one of the most expensive consoles in the long run, specially Nintendo own games that hardly drop in price regardless of how old they are.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78