Msft to completely stop Xbox Series production for the quarter & Sony to halve production after lower-than-expected sales during xmas. Take with 🧂🧂

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
We probably won't see any YoY increases until 2025 when GTA 6/PS5 Pro comes out. The cancellation of TLOU Online really killed their chances of having a good lineup post Spiderman. That would've sold so many PS5's.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
We probably won't see any YoY increases until 2025 when GTA 6/PS5 Pro comes out. The cancellation of TLOU Online really killed their chances of having a good lineup post Spiderman. That would've sold so many PS5's.
I do have to say I am happy they cancelled it. ND is too good of a studio to be stuck on a single online game. That and it serving as a warning for their Live Service push.

Reactions: Diah and Bryank75

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I do have to say I am happy they cancelled it. ND is too good of a studio to be stuck on a single online game. That and it serving as a warning for their Live Service push.
I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with online games, ND made some of my favorites ever in Factions 1.0 and Uncharted 2 multiplayer. Especially since the factions 2 announcement predated their GAAS push, it should've never been roped into it.

Hermen and Jim should've decided as businessman that the Playstation studios slate for 2023 and beyond was barren enough to warrant them to just release what ND had already done, even it was a simple TLOU battle royale and not an ambitious live service that they wanted. Announce that ND won't be adding any post release content and call it a day.

Now we are left with an empty 2023 that was saved only by Spiderman and an even worse 2024.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I just hope MS gets crucified when they reveal their obvious digital only future and hopefully also sued.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Cut the price by $100 and double the production, why are they scared? If they play their cards right they can bury Xbox right no regardless of what MS intends to do.

Sad that we were right again, following the natural flow of things PS5 should end up selling way more than PS4 if it doesn't it is because of PC ports.

They do t fucking listen... Just double down on a strategy that is eroding them.

• sad
Reactions: Diah and Nhomnhom

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
They haven't managed Online games before. Supported Uncharted 3 Multiplayer for 2 years straight while working on TLOU PS3 and gave support even when while juggling the OG Factions as well.

They could have outsourced post launch support a s simply keep a skeleton crew in house for patches.

Factions 2 would have been a huge success. I dunno how anyone can play No Return and not see this.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
And I believe this rumor but will take with a grain of Salt... Sony needs to fix their point of entry.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
They haven't managed Online games before. Supported Uncharted 3 Multiplayer for 2 years straight while working on TLOU PS3 and gave support even when while juggling the OG Factions as well.
But they would have managed TLOU Online, and cancelled it because they would have to only focus on that one game.

They could have outsourced post launch support a s simply keep a skeleton crew in house for patches.
TLOU Online was a full on Live Service MMO, not just an online game mode.

Factions 2 would have been a huge success. I dunno how anyone can play No Return and not see this.
It would have, but they were not developing Factions 2.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
But they would have managed TLOU Online, and cancelled it because they would have to only focus on that one game.

TLOU Online was a full on Live Service MMO, not just an online game mode.

It would have, but they were not developing Factions 2.
They already had a lobby based Faction 2 in development from 2020. I don't doubt there wasn't lobby matches in the final build up to cancellation. Either I'm still peeved about the whole thing, so just ranting lol

Reactions: Satoru

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

I can't understand the cancellation of Factions, why not just release what they had and scale it down? Try a early-access style release like they should've done many years ago.

Developing pretty much any multiplayer game in secret makes zero sense.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
I can't understand the cancellation of Factions, why not just release what they had and scale it down? Try a early-access style release like they should've done many years ago.

Developing pretty much any multiplayer game in secret makes zero sense.

Until somebody spills the beans we don’t even know what kind of multiplayer Factions was, how ambitious it was, and why it was cancelled.

But if PlayStation killed the project, and Naughty Dog allowed that (because they have said before that they are allowed a lot of choice on what they work), maybe it was for a good reason.

Maybe finishing it, releasing it and post support would come with a heap of consequences and it was cheaper for everybody to just cancel it.

I’m of the opinion that this was more than likely the right move.

Reactions: AshHunter216

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming

SALES COMPARISON OF PS5 WITH NINTENDO SWITCH AND XBOX SERIES X/S​

With data provided by Ampere Analysis, it becomes clear that in 2023 alone, PS5 sold three times the number of consoles of Xbox, even surpassing Nintendo Switch in the process. In 2023:

• PS5 sold 22.5 million units, with a 65% increase compared to 2022.
  • Nintendo Switch sold 16.4 million units, experiencing an 18% decrease from 2022.
  • Xbox Series X/S sold 7.6 million units, with a 15% decrease from 2022.